2020-2021 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone here have any luck lately going from pre-II hold back to under review/eventual II??
nope but been checking every day, still pre-ii hold, complete in july

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was invited to attend a webinar for alternates, but I have an online class at the same time as the webinar. Do these webinars play a big part in the decision making process? I'm doing well in the class so I can afford missing one class, but I'm looking for a second opinion.

I was invited to attend a webinar for alternates, but I have an online class at the same time as the webinar. Do these webinars play a big part in the decision making process? I'm doing well in the class so I can afford missing one class, but I'm looking for a second opinion.
Hundred percent no

Reactions: 1 user
def not a big deal!! I actually emailed them bc I’m working during it but still wanted to attend and they said the plan is to send out an email with the main points from it a week or so after

For anyone who submitted an update on the portal, did you receive any sort of confirmation that it was received? I can't see anywhere on the portal confirming that it uploaded.

For anyone who submitted an update on the portal, did you receive any sort of confirmation that it was received? I can't see anywhere on the portal confirming that it uploaded.
you should received an automated email which will say that the file was uploaded

Reactions: 1 users
Also just to confirm, when you guys upload your pdf documents, does it say "fakepath"?

Hi all, blessed with an interview (received in early Feb for March 4th) - question for those who have interviewed. Did you receive any confirmation that your interview was scheduled or that they had received your documents? I sent in everything within 24 hours that they requested, and have since followed up with two emails asking if everything was up to snuff/if they could confirm receipt/confirm my interview and I have heard nothing back aside from the initial email.

Just wondering if this is by design. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi all, blessed with an interview (received in early Feb for March 4th) - question for those who have interviewed. Did you receive any confirmation that your interview was scheduled or that they had received your documents? I sent in everything within 24 hours that they requested, and have since followed up with two emails asking if everything was up to snuff/if they could confirm receipt/confirm my interview and I have heard nothing back aside from the initial email.

Just wondering if this is by design. Thanks!
I didn't receive any confirmation, and I have my interview scheduled within the next week. I wouldn't worry about it. From what I've read, people get their confirmations a day or so before their interview date. Congratulations on your II.

Last edited:
Interviewed 2/4/21. Waitlisted, but still hopeful!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 2/4/21. Waitlisted, but still hopeful!
i had mine the same day too. they got back to you so quick. my anxiety 📈Did you notice if your status in the student portal changed?

i had mine the same day too. they got back to you so quick. my anxiety 📈Did you notice if your status in the student portal changed?
Super quick! I just checked mine and no change sadly. They say it’s only updated daily tho

Everyone who has recently interviewed- what does your portal status say? I interviewed two weeks ago but just checked my portal status for the first time since then and it says "Correspondence concerning the status of your application has been sent to you via the preferred email address on file with AMCAS. If you have not received this correspondence, please email us at [email protected]." Is this back from my interview invite still or do we think this means a decision is coming today?

Everyone who has recently interviewed- what does your portal status say? I interviewed two weeks ago but just checked my portal status for the first time since then and it says "Correspondence concerning the status of your application has been sent to you via the preferred email address on file with AMCAS. If you have not received this correspondence, please email us at [email protected]." Is this back from my interview invite still or do we think this means a decision is coming today?
I've had this since after I interviewed "Thank you so much for taking the time to visit The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences and interview with us! The Committee on Admissions carefully and judiciously reviews files, which does take some time, often up to 8 weeks. We humbly appreciate your patience during this process and will be in contact with you once a decision is made."

I've had this since after I interviewed "Thank you so much for taking the time to visit The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences and interview with us! The Committee on Admissions carefully and judiciously reviews files, which does take some time, often up to 8 weeks. We humbly appreciate your patience during this process and will be in contact with you once a decision is made."
Interesting! When did you interview?

This is what I had after I received my acceptance. So check your mailbox/junk regularly today!

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone interview January and still not heard back? :( :( :(
I interviewed 1/26 and have not heard back - my portal actually changed like an hour ago and says that correspondence has been sent to my inbox but I haven't received an email yet!

Did anyone interview January and still not heard back? :( :( :(
1/14. Still waiting also 😬 but my portal now says correspondence was sent to my email so 🤞🏾🤞🏾

Last edited:
I interviewed 1/26 and have not heard back - my portal actually changed like an hour ago and says that correspondence has been sent to my inbox but I haven't received an email yet!
Do we think this portal change happens regardless of waitlist or acceptance? That's what I'm nervous about!

What day did you interview?

I'm anxious so I made a spreadsheet. Seems to be no correlation between wait time and result. Avg wait time was 27 days, range of 18 to 50. Only interesting info is they seem to only release decisions one day a week, on either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I'm anxious so I made a spreadsheet. Seems to be no correlation between wait time and result. Avg wait time was 27 days, range of 18 to 50. Only interesting info is they seem to only release decisions one day a week, on either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.
I appreciate this!

Reactions: 2 users
anyone know if there's any kind of dress code for the optional alternate webinar Wednesday?

Have they finished sending out IIs? Haven't come off of hold yet.

Reactions: 2 users
I will have to respectfully disagree and ask you to delve a bit deeper into the statistics here. From what I've seen on these threads, they take longer to release decisions to accepted applicants. Waitlist decisions come faster it seems, on average

I will have to respectfully disagree and ask you to delve a bit deeper into the statistics here. From what I've seen on these threads, they take longer to release decisions to accepted applicants. Waitlist decisions come faster it seems, on average
Appreciate the response. I've got a very small sample size (only went back to December or so) so the numbers don't say much. What it does show though is none of it is hard and fast rules and therefore wasn't very helpful as a predictor for me personally. You are correct, on average wait time for acceptance was 32 days vs 21 for the waitlist. However, among the A's the range was 13 to 50 days and among the W's it was 12 to 42 days. So for me personally, it doesn't seem that I could feel much better about my chances if receiving a letter now or in a week.

Hey! Sorry if this has been asked before but I looked through the thread and couldn’t find anything. Is the entirety of the interview day just the two interviews? Like no presentations/activities/etc otherwise? Just need to know so I can tell my boss when I can work that day

Hey! Sorry if this has been asked before but I looked through the thread and couldn’t find anything. Is the entirety of the interview day just the two interviews? Like no presentations/activities/etc otherwise? Just need to know so I can tell my boss when I can work that day
Yep. Just the two interviews on your actual interview day. Weeks later, you'll have presentations on financial aid, diversity & inclusion, Scholarly Concentration Program, etc.

Has anyone got off the WL yet? Just wondering... I was on the WL for Loyola and just got off so was hoping for GW!