2020-2021 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Uh oh got all excited about my II but then see how much emphasis they put on any student code of conduct violations, that’s a RIP to my app
 
The instructions for a non-science LOR state they need to be from a professor who taught you in a class and gave you a letter grade. Would anyone know how flexible they are with this? My non-science LOR is from a psych professor who I did a research internship with, it's not exactly a class but I did get a letter grade. Kind of nervous this is gonna tank my app unless I can get another letter asap
 
The instructions for a non-science LOR state they need to be from a professor who taught you in a class and gave you a letter grade. Would anyone know how flexible they are with this? My non-science LOR is from a psych professor who I did a research internship with, it's not exactly a class but I did get a letter grade. Kind of nervous this is gonna tank my app unless I can get another letter asap
You said they assigned you a letter grade though, right? And they technically taught you? I think you'll be alright using that letter
 
II In-state MD! The link to the graduate application from the email didn’t work, but I did find the IUPUI graduate school application on their website: Liaison International, Centralized Application Service
This is what I found there. The spot labelled 'Future' is the spot you would normally click to add the program to your application. I'm planning to call the number listed under the program description tomorrow during their business hours, I'll update here when I do
Screenshot (151).png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I ran into the same problem. We might have to wait a bit until they update that.
Yeah, it's just got me worried given their 7 day deadlines. I'm guessing they don't actually remove your application if that stuff's not in within 7 days, as (loosely) evidenced by last year's thread, but I'm not taking that chance.
 
Ok, in the Centralized Application Service portal, and can’t find the IUSM MD Program. Anyone else having this issue or know what to do?
 
Ok, in the Centralized Application Service portal, and can’t find the IUSM MD Program. Anyone else having this issue or know what to do?
You have to click on 'filters' and select 'Future programs', then search for medicine. At least that's what worked for me
 
II, MD/PhD, OOS
Did it say anywhere it was specifically MD/PhD? I applied for the combined program and received an interview invite today, but it didn't indicate MSTP or combined program anywhere in my email, attached docs, or on the portal. I'm wondering if I was already pushed to the MD only pool.
 
Last edited:
Figuring out this application is making me wonder if I’m even smart enough to be a doctor. Thinking they make it difficult on purpose...


I selected MD program but it's not allowing me to continue.
 
You can find it there, but it’s not clickable. I e-mailed the admissions office to ask about this. Will update when I get a reply.

Glad I'm not the only one. I've been clicking it several times hoping something will change. Thanks for emailing
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What does it say about your status? No II for me either
The status page doesn't have an "application complete" entry like most schools. Everything has an X other than MCAT score (including LORs, Prereqs, and something called a "Dean's Evaluation"). Can't do much other than upload a photo haha. We'll just have to keep being patient!
 
Did it say anywhere it was specifically MD/PhD? I applied for the combined program and received an interview invite today, but it didn't indicate MSTP or combined program anywhere in my email, attached docs, or on the portal. I'm wondering if I was already pushed to the MD only pool.
It actually didn't say MD/PhD anywhere. Now I'm worried I was moved to regular MD too!
 
Everyone is sitting here talking about IIs and i'm like... did you get my primary application or...

I know its early in the season, and from past years I know IU is a bit lackluster in the communications department, but I still can't help but wonder what's going on. I know I am competitive for this school, but this is making me have second thoughts. Hope i'm not the only one in this boat.

end neurotic post.
 
Everyone is sitting here talking about IIs and i'm like... did you get my primary application or...

I know its early in the season, and from past years I know IU is a bit lackluster in the communications department, but I still can't help but wonder what's going on. I know I am competitive for this school, but this is making me have second thoughts. Hope i'm not the only one in this boat.

end neurotic post.
I got a confirmation they got my primary today, and I was verified day 1, so I wouldn’t worry yet
 
It actually didn't say MD/PhD anywhere. Now I'm worried I was moved to regular MD too!


:smack: Now I have contributed to the neuroticism...they must be having us complete the MD supplemental info stuff. I doubt if you me and @jjame all applied dual degree and got a general interview invite the first day that we all got bumped. Thanks for the reassurance and I hope I didn't cause any panic!
 
Just received an email from IUSM letting me know that you can access the applicant portal by clicking the 'Forgot Password' link and entering your AMCAS ID number. I just tried it and it worked. The portal does say that my prerequisites have not been met, though... anyone else? I am fairly sure I have taken all the courses IUSM requires.
 
:smack: Now I have contributed to the neuroticism...they must be having us complete the MD supplemental info stuff. I doubt if you me and @jjame all applied dual degree and got a general interview invite the first day that we all got bumped. Thanks for the reassurance and I hope I didn't cause any panic!

They just emailed from the MSTP specifically, we should be Gucci now.

Just received an email from IUSM letting me know that you can access the applicant portal by clicking the 'Forgot Password' link and entering your AMCAS ID number. I just tried it and it worked. The portal does say that my prerequisites have not been met, though... anyone else? I am fairly sure I have taken all the courses IUSM requires.

Yep same boat for prereqs, definitely met them.
 
I can't read I guess, if you look at the top of the document status page it says they don't review prereqs until the graduate app fee is paid. Now if only we could access the graduate app lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone figured out where to include your AAMC ID in the Graduate School Application?

Went to My Application --> Program Materials --> Medicine MD --> Questions

Then it asks the question, "Did you include your AMCAS on the Graduate School Application?" Followed by "please include your AMCAS ID."

Is this the only place that we need to include our AMCAS ID or is there another place in the application that we needed to include it?
 
Does anyone know exactly what kinds of information we should be putting on the graduate school application? It says in the form NOT to upload any additional materials but not sure what stuff they DO want us to fill out. I think in order to even submit it we have to fill out the personal information section at least right?? E.g Do we still put "colleges attended" and "GPA entries"?