2020-2021 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
dang, you got the R with your stats..guess mine is coming anytime now lol
every applicant is unique, so you can never tell. Keep your head up!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone been invited to take VITA but hasn’t received a scheduled interview date? I was invited to take VITA a week or so ago, and it states I must complete 72 hours before my scheduled interview, but I haven’t received a date.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been invited to take VITA but hasn’t received a scheduled interview date? I was invited to take VITA a week or so ago, and it states I must complete 72 hours before my scheduled interview, but I haven’t received a date.
Are you sure you received VITA for Morehouse and not another school?

Yea Morehouse sent me email inviting me to take VITA and said it should be done within 72 hours of my interview date. But in the email there was no actual date.

I just went into my portal and there's an option to schedule an interview. Good thing I decided to check my portal because it didn't say so in the email lol

I just got an email for VITA, and Morehouse was on the list of schools that selected me. However, I haven't received an interview invite email from Morehouse yet. Maybe they're about to send it out? My portal looks the same as well.

I just got an email for VITA, and Morehouse was on the list of schools that selected me. However, I haven't received an interview invite email from Morehouse yet. Maybe they're about to send it out? My portal looks the same as well.
When were you complete?

Also, check your spam folder maybe its there

So after we send in our VITA do we definitely get an interview? Is this a screening for interviews? Why is it that I have a VITA from AAMC but not an email from Morehouse?
Same thing happened for me. I’m wondering if they’re gonna send the invite later.

is that new student apartment, entra that they just built exclusively for msm students? or can spelman and morehouse students lease there too?

also do you think they would allow us to go from home our first year if we already live in atl/have a place there? i don’t want to take out more loans then i have to.

is that new student apartment, entra that they just built exclusively for msm students? or can spelman and morehouse students lease there too?

also do you think they would allow us to go from home our first year if we already live in atl/have a place there? i don’t want to take out more loans then i have to.
I think it’s just a housing option because a lot of students wanted something close to school. Housing is definitely optional!

Students from all schools in the AUC are allowed to live in the apartment.
You can definitely stay at home if you're already living in the metro area. I am a first year and I live in Stone Mountain still.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Historically, does MSM yield protect? I would love to attend MSM - I’m very interested in urban medicine, with hopes of improving cancer health equity, and have demonstrated commitment to serving vulnerable populations (in Atlanta, actually!). I emphasized these aspects in my secondary, but should I consider sending a pre-II LOI at this point?

ohh ok well that makes sense that you didn't understand the question lol. I'll include them below:

1. Identify the one type of medical career listed below to which you may wish to devote the majority of your professional efforts: Primary care, specialty care, (I can't see or remember the rest b/c mine is submitted now)

2. Indicate the character of medical practice you presently contemplate: individual, partnership, private group, hospital-based group, academic-based Group, Public health, industrial, or undecided

3. What percent of your professional time do you anticipate devoting to: 1. Administration 2. Teaching 3. Patient Care 4. Research

4. In which size community do you think you would like to practice? Small town, large metropolitan (again, I can't remember the choices)

5. If you selected Large Metropolitan in the the previous question, please choose one of the following below. If you did not select Large Metropolitan, select Does not apply. Choices are inner city, suburbs, other city area, etc

6. Briefly explain the reasons for your selections in the Perceptions of Your Medical Career Section. 999 characters

Hope this helps!
So for the % question, do the percentages need to add up to 100 or??

Entra is Optional especially if you already have a place. I recommend it tho. My classmates at entra are amazing and even those who don't live at entra come here a lot. Also thank you @Frank&Basura for coming through despite the busy schedule. We are so busy y'all :( , please enjoy your free time and good luck!

Did anyone complete the secondary and never get a complete email? I finished my secondary 8/10 and got an email saying that was done but never an email saying my application was complete or under review or anything like that

Did anyone complete the secondary and never get a complete email? I finished my secondary 8/10 and got an email saying that was done but never an email saying my application was complete or under review or anything like that
+1

is it really optional? bc on last years thread it shows you can only get out of the requirement if you’re married, have children, or are a property owner. otherwise you have to live there the first year. maybe it’s a new rule??

so our options are essentially 1) live at entra the first year? 2) opt out of housing? and get less financial aid
Entra is Optional especially if you already have a place. I recommend it tho. My classmates at entra are amazing and even those who don't live at entra come here a lot. Also thank you @Frank&Basura for coming through despite the busy schedule. We are so busy y'all :( , please enjoy your free time and good luck!

how did you get out of the requirement? bc last years thread you have to be married, have children, or be a property owner? i don’t think my apartment counts as a property owner lmao.
Students from all schools in the AUC are allowed to live in the apartment.
You can definitely stay at home if you're already living in the metro area. I am a first year and I live in Stone Mountain still.

My AMCAS app was verified over a month ago but I haven’t received a complete email. Is anyone else in the same boat?

how did you get out of the requirement? bc last years thread you have to be married, have children, or be a property owner? i don’t think my apartment counts as a property owner lmao.
I never had to specifically "get out of the requirement". I am a renter too and the school never contacted me about moving there.
I think they make it seem like its a requirement to get more people to move in, but there isn't actually any obligation.
I have classmates who are not from Atlanta but signed leases at apartments other than Entra without any issues.

Hey Everyone, quick question: For students that have financial assistance did you guys pay the 50 dollars or only submit the FAP approval? Thanks in advance.

II TODAY!!!! 1ST ONE THIS CYCLE!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
II just now!!!! this is my top 3 so im tooooo hype lol. Complete 8/15, OOS URM, cGPA 3.22, MCAT 511.

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to those with II’s!!! My interview is tomorrow and I’m a little nervous. Well wishes to you all!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Sorry guys I forgot to post stats. Complete 8/18, OOO, under rep female, undergrad cGPA: 3.5 masters cGPA 3.8, MCAT 504

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to those with II’s!!! My interview is tomorrow and I’m a little nervous. Well wishes to you all!!!
Thanks! Good luck! you got this! btw how have you been preparing, any tips? :)

for those that just got IIs, what dates did they give?

Anyone who recently interviewed know when we are suppose to hear back? I’m not sure if they are waiting until November like MSAR said or if they will be sending acceptances next week. Can anyone clarify? Super interested in this school so definitely want to hear back soon!!

Anyone who recently interviewed know when we are suppose to hear back? I’m not sure if they are waiting until November like MSAR said or if they will be sending acceptances next week. Can anyone clarify? Super interested in this school so definitely want to hear back soon!!

I interviewed early on and they said end of October/ November

There was a list of like 10 dates if not more. I saw 10/21 and 10/23 then the following friday i believe. I can no longer see the list since I have scheduled mine already so im sorry im not being more help to you lol

So I saw also for 10/21 and 10/23 like every Wednesday and Friday until until first week of December I think...

I accidentally put Fall 2021 instead of 2021 as the term code when paying for the secondary man I hope that doesn't effect anything smh.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I never received any acknowledgement if my secondary but I called today and they say they have it

I also never received acknowledgement of my secondary but they replied to my email just now saying that my app is under review and that no further action on my part is needed.

I also never received acknowledgement of my secondary but they replied to my email just now saying that my app is under review and that no further action on my part is needed.
Oh ok cool. When did you submit?

Does morehouse release decision on October 15th usually?
Based on last year's thread they sent acceptances earlier than the 15th, but I asked a couple of posts above and it looks like it won't be until later October/early November. Definitely hope that is wrong and we hear something the 15th, but its not certain!

I interviewed and they said the soonest response for our interview date would be late October/early November... has anyone heard back from their interview?
I haven’t heard back, but hopefully we will know soon! Love this school so I know the pain in waiting lol

Haven’t heard back either. Interviewed Oct. 9th. Praying we get acceptances soon!! Speaking that into existence!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys, I have several questions so sorry in advance for the overload lol.

1. For those of you that have received an II, where are you able to double check your date? I scheduled mine about a week and a half ago and I'm pretty sure it's for 10/21 but looking back through my emails and the portal, they never actually SHOW what my scheduled date is and it's kinda worrying me.

2. For those of you that have already interviewed, was it open file? I can't find this information on MSAR or their website.

3. Also for those that have already interviewed, can you give me just a general summary of what the day was like? Like was it relaxed and conversational or did they rapid fire hard ass questions and stress you out?

Hi guys, I have several questions so sorry in advance for the overload lol.

1. For those of you that have received an II, where are you able to double check your date? I scheduled mine about a week and a half ago and I'm pretty sure it's for 10/21 but looking back through my emails and the portal, they never actually SHOW what my scheduled date is and it's kinda worrying me.

2. For those of you that have already interviewed, was it open file? I can't find this information on MSAR or their website.

3. Also for those that have already interviewed, can you give me just a general summary of what the day was like? Like was it relaxed and conversational or did they rapid fire hard ass questions and stress you out?

I had to email them in order to confirm, but I got a quick reply! Also, I’m pretty certain it was completely open file because they asked about my MCAT score. The interview day was great and everything ran smoothly. Some situational questions, some regular interview questions. I had two individual interviews.