-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I may be dead inside at this point in the cycle but I still laughed @ thisGuys just wanted to provide a much-needed update:
next pre II R wave: unknown
next post II R wave: unknown
next A wave: unknown
Let me know if you guys have any follow up questions, happy to clarify.
sillyusername
Full Member
Yea but when’s the next II wave?Guys just wanted to provide a much-needed update:
next pre II R wave: unknown
next post II R wave: unknown
next A wave: unknown
Let me know if you guys have any follow up questions, happy to clarify.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unknown: unknownWhen is unknown?
Hope that helps
need some icahn insight to elucidate all the unknowns
😂😂😂need some icahn insight to elucidate all the unknowns
This comment made my night.
Did you only submit to the portal or did you also send it in an email?I sent one and later got a II! Hard to tell if it swayed things, I got one in that big november wave so maybe they were just behind but it definitely didn't seem to hurt.
17xapplicant
Full Member
+1Just got the R :/ Complete in July
Pre-II?
+2Just got the R :/ Complete in July
nycccpremed
Full Member
Still in radio silence been complete since mid July 🙁
Same heree. I'm walking to my weekly volunteering shift at Mount Sinai literally rn and waiting for my pre-II R lol
Last edited:
nycccpremed
Full Member
Out of curiosity. Has any international student (who is not Canadian) interviewed at Icahn?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
me! I interviewed in november!Out of curiosity. Has any international student (who is not Canadian) interviewed at Icahn?
I've seen you on pretty much every single school-specific thread I applied to haha, best of luck to you for the remainder of the cycle 😀
nycccpremed
Full Member
hahahah yeahh! I asked about internationals interviewing in most of the schools I applied to because the data out there (as you probably know) is so confusing and conflicting for non-Canadian internationals 🙁 Good luck for the rest of your cycle too !! 🙂me! I interviewed in november!
I've seen you on pretty much every single school-specific thread I applied to haha, best of luck to you for the remainder of the cycle 😀
yea i guess they may be going in order?are all the pre-II Rs so far July applicants? Just trying to see when I should expect my R as a September applicant lol
im a mid-aug complete and no pre II R yet
complete 7/22 and radio silence for me
medicinespiration
New Member
Pre II R, complete October
premed1-123
Full Member
pre-II r, complete mid/late sept
looking worse than gme rn, pre-ii R
Just another + to the R listPre II R lol. At least they got back to me. It’s okay lads, they missed out on good apps >🙂
bruh u got 10 IIsJust another + to the R list
just checked last year's sinai thread and no one reported at II in february so
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It could be different this yearjust checked last year's sinai thread and no one reported at II in february so
actually someone did on feb 5th..just checked last year's sinai thread and no one reported at II in february so
but regardless, the chances are very very slim for an II at this point. like maybe only a couple left if any, i would presume
why do you think this?actually someone did on feb 5th..
but regardless, the chances are very very slim for an II at this point. like maybe only a couple left if any, i would presume
i mean feb 12th is the last interview date. based on SDN threads for the past few cycles, not many IIs were reported in february either. of course SDN IIs aren't representative of all applicants, but i think it's fair to say only a handful of invites are left and more pre-II Rs will be rolling inwhy do you think this?
in reality, everything's unknown like the wise @hmsorbust noted, so what i think doesn't really matter i guess
Just tryna send positive vibes in this crappy sinai responsebruh u got 10 IIs

D
deleted1062149
Complete July, nothing for me
other_applicant
New Member
+1For people who already interviewed, please, please, please share your advice/tips/experiences! Thanks a lot in advance! Pretty nervous about this late interview!
Got "deferred" so maybe I totally screwed up on my interview (it was my first) and you shouldn't listen to me, but I found the whole day to be really chill. I left loving the place. Everyone was so nice, some current students randomly joined the Zoom to tell us how awesome Sinai is, and admins were there the whole time in case we had any issues. The interviews were 2 30 min (I think) 1:1s, one with faculty and one with a current student. There is a section on SDN where people share their experiences and things they were asked, which I found really helpful - try to find it.For people who already interviewed, please, please, please share your advice/tips/experiences! Thanks a lot in advance! Pretty nervous about this late interview!
Please send good karma my way!
other_applicant
New Member
thank you! and sending you good vibes your way!Got "deferred" so maybe I totally screwed up on my interview (it was my first) and you shouldn't listen to me, but I found the whole day to be really chill. I left loving the place. Everyone was so nice, some current students randomly joined the Zoom to tell us how awesome Sinai is, and admins were there the whole time in case we had any issues. The interviews were 2 30 min (I think) 1:1s, one with faculty and one with a current student. There is a section on SDN where people share their experiences and things they were asked, which I found really helpful - try to find it.
Please send good karma my way!
+1 complete JulyPre II R, complete October
kljlkjd
Full Member
so what happened with Columbia?hahahah yeahh! I asked about internationals interviewing in most of the schools I applied to because the data out there (as you probably know) is so confusing and conflicting for non-Canadian internationals 🙁 Good luck for the rest of your cycle too !! 🙂
sunnydayz1234
Full Member
Don't worry about being late! I thought this too when I interviewed in January but still got the A!!For people who already interviewed, please, please, please share your advice/tips/experiences! Thanks a lot in advance! Pretty nervous about this late interview!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Sending the best of karma your way! Let's hope we can both be MS1s at Sinai! (Of course, if that's your first choice!)Got "deferred" so maybe I totally screwed up on my interview (it was my first) and you shouldn't listen to me, but I found the whole day to be really chill. I left loving the place. Everyone was so nice, some current students randomly joined the Zoom to tell us how awesome Sinai is, and admins were there the whole time in case we had any issues. The interviews were 2 30 min (I think) 1:1s, one with faculty and one with a current student. There is a section on SDN where people share their experiences and things they were asked, which I found really helpful - try to find it.
Please send good karma my way!
smokedsalmon
Full Member
anyone who got in get the financial aid login yet? I think they said we were supposed to receive it this week
sunnydayz1234
Full Member
still waiting too ...anyone who got in get the financial aid login yet? I think they said we were supposed to receive it this week
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R complete July
D
deleted1060074
Pre-II R complete late august