2020-2021 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R complete late august

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R via email, complete mid August. Can’t win them all

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
pre-II R as well. Complete mid september

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II R, complete all the way back in July

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R, completed back in August - hopefully they stop sending me those advertisements for their MPH program now LOL

• Haha
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
So I guess international students might get the R last?

another pre-ii R to add to the wave. complete mid july

• Care
So I guess international students might get the R last?
I'm not international.. so maybe there is still hope for an II for the rest of us but since there is only one more week of interviews idk

I have an interview on 2/5 but I may have to miss the welcome and introduction session in the morning. anyone who has interviewed, what does that session entail? would it be okay to miss it?

Sorry to hear that :/ Did you just find out or was this about an hour ago? Trying to figure it out if they are just rolling them out throughout the day and should get prepared for the impending doom..
R email at 1:15PM EST

I have an interview on 2/5 but I may have to miss the welcome and introduction session in the morning. anyone who has interviewed, what does that session entail? would it be okay to miss it?
It's part of your interview day and attendance was taken, I believe. I don't think any part of the day was ok to miss.

Complete mid-July, still haven't heard back... anyone in the same boat?

Reactions: 7 users
September complete also awaiting execution.

Forgive me if this was posted already but is there a fb group for accepted students?

Forgive me if this was posted already but is there a fb group for accepted students?
There is! The link is buried on the FAQ page in your accepted portal

They chose violence yday pre II R :•\
0/2 for this school including flexmed and this cycle, guess they don’t like me

• Care
So what are we speculating about people that still haven't gotten an II or a pre-II R? My theory is they're just finishing up the R wave over time...wish they could send them all at once lol

Reactions: 4 users
So what are we speculating about people that still haven't gotten an II or a pre-II R? My theory is they're just finishing up the R wave over time...wish they could send them all at once lol
I suspect this is the case unfortunately but trying to remain slightly optimistic for an II haha

did they do something similar last cycle?

So last cycle they did send pre-II Rs in waves, but 1 person reported that they got a II. So there is a chance. That person reported that interview dates where available for the 13th and 14th. If we assume they interview 20 people each day that means 40 people should might get interview invites. There still is a chance.

Do we have an idea of when the next round of acceptances will be

Do we have an idea of when the next round of acceptances will be
Interviewed 1/27 and they said we could expect a decision mid-February, so I'll join the bets on Friday the 12th, but maybe the week of the 15th? Wasn't here for the first round of waves so your guess is prob better than mine

Interviewed 1/27 and they said we could expect a decision mid-February, so I'll join the bets on Friday the 12th, but maybe the week of the 15th? Wasn't here for the first round of waves so your guess is prob better than mine
My guess is before AMCAS choose your Med school tool becomes active (Feb 19th).

is empower login for finaid not working nor anyone else? it says you need an email to login

We should still get Icahn Insights right? Even after initial decisions made; just waiting for clarification on FA...