2020-2021 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For any fellow interviewees here: I was not able to sign up for the Curriculum Information session until after my interview day. The email I got says to schedule these before then, but I just couldn't find any open sessions before my interview, although I was able to sign up for other info sessions before my interview day. Do you think this is a big deal? Or am I just being way too neurotic right now lol.
I just checked my II email and it didn't say to do the sessions before the interview. Also, at the sessions I've been at, there's been a mix of past, current, and future interviewees, so I wouldn't sweat it!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@ilikekinase1 don't think it matters, they're all optional right? I didn't go to any because I wasn't trying to take off work to do so

Yea, I think they're an "ought to attend if you're able to" situation or at least that's the feeling I got; I think work is a perfectly rational reason to miss them tho lol
 
For any fellow interviewees here: I was not able to sign up for the Curriculum Information session until after my interview day. The email I got says to schedule these before then, but I just couldn't find any open sessions before my interview, although I was able to sign up for other info sessions before my interview day. Do you think this is a big deal? Or am I just being way too neurotic right now lol.
Aren't these completely optional? There is no way that attending these sessions would have any impact on your decision. I personally didn't attend any. Don't worry!
 
For any fellow interviewees here: I was not able to sign up for the Curriculum Information session until after my interview day. The email I got says to schedule these before then, but I just couldn't find any open sessions before my interview, although I was able to sign up for other info sessions before my interview day. Do you think this is a big deal? Or am I just being way too neurotic right now lol.

Definitely not a big deal! I only attended the ones I was able to fit around my work schedule; I'd like to do more of them, but I don't think they bear on an admissions decision! They are optional.
 
For any fellow interviewees here: I was not able to sign up for the Curriculum Information session until after my interview day. The email I got says to schedule these before then, but I just couldn't find any open sessions before my interview, although I was able to sign up for other info sessions before my interview day. Do you think this is a big deal? Or am I just being way too neurotic right now lol.
that email is weird. it said i was currently signed up for all the informational sessions when i've only signed up for the curriculum one
 
For those who interviewed, what time did the interview day end for you? If I had to go to work around 3:00pm EST, would I be ok?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any advice for people about the interview day? I am interviewing on Friday and I'm feeling really anxious about it!

Edit: spelling
everyone was really nice during my interview day! no trick questions, asked standard questions and questions about my app, which they knew really well! student interview was a little less conversational bc they are filling out a form while interviewing you, but it was still fine. great experience overall so just be yourself, know your strengths, and bring your energy!
 
Silly question (most likely), but where can I find the sign-up for informational sessions? I scoured the portal and didn't see any page even suggesting that they exist.
 
Not sure if this has been answered before, but does the PSTP committee have access to your AMCAS application? I know they are separate committees, but if AMCAS isn't reviewed, then I'd like to pull some content from my personal statement.
 
Not sure if this has been answered before, but does the PSTP committee have access to your AMCAS application? I know they are separate committees, but if AMCAS isn't reviewed, then I'd like to pull some content from my personal statement.
They told us in an info session they don’t. There’s not a whole lot where there’d be crossover though aside from the pubs, posters, presentations, abstracts, etc luckily
 
They told us in an info session they don’t. There’s not a whole lot where there’d be crossover though aside from the pubs, posters, presentations, abstracts, etc luckily
Actually, that's not true! They must have just informed you incorrectly on accident. I asked Blair (who is the main admin for PSTP), and he said "The committee will have access to your AMCAS application, PSTP supplemental application, and two letters of recommendation. So, no UPSOM secondary or additional letters [will be accessed]."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Actually, that's not true! They must have just informed you incorrectly on accident. I asked Blair (who is the main admin for PSTP), and he said "The committee will have access to your AMCAS application, PSTP supplemental application, and two letters of recommendation. So, no UPSOM secondary or additional letters [will be accessed]."
Thats my mistake then!
 
Does anyone know if Pitt gives hard Rs? Complete late July/ Aug and I haven't heard anything. I thought this school was a really good fit too.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious, do they take attendance or expect you to speak during the info sessions? I'd like to join one, but can only do it at my lunch break so idk if I can really engage, moreso just listen.
Not sure if they take attendance, but I'm sure if you email them letting them you your situation, it would be totally fine.

Best to not take risks
 
Actually, that's not true! They must have just informed you incorrectly on accident. I asked Blair (who is the main admin for PSTP), and he said "The committee will have access to your AMCAS application, PSTP supplemental application, and two letters of recommendation. So, no UPSOM secondary or additional letters [will be accessed]."
Thanks for clarifying! Luckily saw this before I submitted a rehashed version of a most meaningful essay and my personal statement LOL
 
Just updating, I contacted admissions and they were chill about the info sessions. No need to have camera on, can reschedule if you miss it, etc.

I appreciate this because I may or may not have missed an info session due to me screwing up time zone math
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else's info session information disappear under the interview tab? I used to have a bunch of different sessions there that I could check off, but now there's nothing.