2020-2021 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine is in 3 days!
Mine is in 3 days too for normal MD! Do we know who we’re interviewing with beforehand?

Cool, mine is also in 3 days. Good luck to you both!

I don't believe we get to know who is interviewing us until the day of the interview if even that. This year has been weird with everything going virtual/remote. Normally, we would know who's is doing the 1on1 interviews if we are interviewing in person.
 
Yeah similar for me. Harvard gave us our interviewers the morning of. I'd imagine Stanford will be the same?

That’s what I thought...but even on the day of the interview they hide the interviewers’ names on zoom lol

For everyone worried about getting the II post-vita, I got mine almost two weeks later. Keep up ur spirit it’ll come!
 
Hi all! For those who have already interviewed, can you explain a little bit about what the schedule was like? Trying to figure out how much of the day I'll need to be off work. Also, was the interview really only 20 minutes?
 
Hi all! For those who have already interviewed, can you explain a little bit about what the schedule was like? Trying to figure out how much of the day I'll need to be off work. Also, was the interview really only 20 minutes?

Check-in was at 7:45AM PST and the day ended at 1:30PM. Interviews were between 9:40-11:45AM. And they were strictly 20 minutes. The zoom room basically closes so it was kind of whack.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
backing up homer simpson GIF
 
Do yall think its worth sending in an update about my part time jobs in a medical office (24 hours/week) and as an mcat tutor (4ish hours a week, also plan on doing some pro bono tutoring)? I mentioned the former briefly in the interview. I need to decide this soon cuz i only have a week left to update lol. Im just sort of intimidated by the phrasing they use (“MAJOR update”)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do yall think its worth sending in an update about my part time jobs in a medical office (24 hours/week) and as an mcat tutor (4ish hours a week, also plan on doing some pro bono tutoring)? I mentioned the former briefly in the interview. I need to decide this soon cuz i only have a week left to update lol. Im just sort of intimidated by the phrasing they use (“MAJOR update”)
I sent them an update letter about very similar things LOL
 
Do yall think its worth sending in an update about my part time jobs in a medical office (24 hours/week) and as an mcat tutor (4ish hours a week, also plan on doing some pro bono tutoring)? I mentioned the former briefly in the interview. I need to decide this soon cuz i only have a week left to update lol. Im just sort of intimidated by the phrasing they use (“MAJOR update”)
IIRC, they don't care about these small things is what I got from their rhetoric. They only care if you get published, got a huge award, or had significant changes to your employment. Maybe working in a medical office is big, but def not the ttutoring. They even said they don't care about abstracts if a paper gets submitted, or you advance in some award - only the final result.
 
IIRC, they don't care about these small things is what I got from their rhetoric. They only care if you get published, got a huge award, or had significant changes to your employment. Maybe working in a medical office is big, but def not the ttutoring. They even said they don't care about abstracts if a paper gets submitted, or you advance in some award - only the final result.
I thought they meant that they don't want you to send an update that a paper was accepted or you advanced in an award if you already noted on your primary that you submitted that paper or were nominated for that award. They just want you to update when the paper was published or the award was won.

I think you could update them on it since it's new employment, and that's quite a few hours a week.

I was confused on whether they want you to submit updates like posters. They mentioned "presentations" could count a few times, but do you all think that means they want updates on poster presentations?
 
I thought they meant that they don't want you to send an update that a paper was accepted or you advanced in an award if you already noted on your primary that you submitted that paper or were nominated for that award. They just want you to update when the paper was published or the award was won.

I think you could update them on it since it's new employment, and that's quite a few hours a week.

I was confused on whether they want you to submit updates like posters. They mentioned "presentations" could count a few times, but do you all think that means they want updates on poster presentations?
Yeah I have the same confusion as you... Do you guys think an abstract being accepted for a poster presentation at a national conference is worth an update?
 
It's kind of like someone telling you they like you and then 3 weeks go by and they never call to ask you out on a date.
Lol! Didn't even think I'd get the VITA invite thing so yay! For anyone who took it, how did VITA go for you? Idk what to expect
 
Anyone else wish to join me to pray (or manifest) VITA update today showing Stanford - or better still a direct II from Stanford?
I thought VITA updates already went out this morning (seems some people already got them on this thread)?
 
I thought VITA updates already went out this morning (seems some people already got them on this thread)?
There are two emails. One is an invite to complete around 8am (for those who haven’t completed it), and the other is an updated list of schools that requested it if it has changed, later in the day.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad