You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Stanford
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
If I have not received anything yet, should I expect an R?
My general understanding of this is that not hearing anything yet doesn't mean an R, it just means you haven't heard anything yet. Schools, including Stanford, are still sending out IIs. We also really have no idea where they are in the process! I received a II a few days ago for a school that I had completely given up on. So have hope, things aren't over yet!
Right? I’m sad they sent out a new batch of VITAs without sending us IIs ripsoo... i guess vita updates time has passed. lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Avacado001
Full Member
Have they sent
Could you share when you submitted your secondary? Good luck!!!I just got an AAMC VITA Invitation. Is that a good sign? The only school that uses it on my list is Stanford
Thank you! I submitted and was complete 8/25.Have they sent
Could you share when you submitted your secondary? Good luck!!!
dreammachine333
New Member
would you mind specifying exactly what the email said? The language on the website seems to be a little ambiguous...So I emailed them and specifically asked if it was used as a pre-interview assessment, which they confirmed![]()
Yeah I’m curious too. I interviewed on 11/18, got the II from Stanford on 10/28, and the AAMC VITA notification on 10/29, which doesn’t make much sense if VITA is used as a pre-screen. My II from Stanford said VITA would be used in conjunction with the virtual interview. It would also be kinda weird/sus if they used VITA to pre-screen some applicants but not others.would you mind specifying exactly what the email said? The language on the website seems to be a little ambiguous...
Last edited:
Haven't received an II but just completed the VITA today (received 10/29ish). I'll keep y'all posted on any news haha
penguinspenguins
Full Member
"we have received your VITA Interview, a part of the pre-interview process." I guess they could mean you have to do it to do the real interview? But I got the 10/29 VITA request and have not heard anything sincewould you mind specifying exactly what the email said? The language on the website seems to be a little ambiguous...
dreammachine333
New Member
Got it - thanks for clarifying! I agree with @diazoniumsalt that it would be weird if they used it as a pre-screen for some applicants and not for others, so sending you good vibes that it works out!"we have received your VITA Interview, a part of the pre-interview process." I guess they could mean you have to do it to do the real interview? But I got the 10/29 VITA request and have not heard anything since
I don't think it's a screen. During the interview day, they asked us to complete the vita if we haven't yetGot it - thanks for clarifying! I agree with @diazoniumsalt that it would be weird if they used it as a pre-screen for some applicants and not for others, so sending you good vibes that it works out!
penguinspenguins
Full Member
what happened with mayo?So either they mayo’d some people or they’re having some interview slot availability issues...
They accidentally accepted all interviewees last cycle by sending everyone the acceptance email.what happened with mayo?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone who interviewed recently get the feeling that they're interviewing way more people than past years? I think in my interview group there were over 35-40 people which would make it much more than the ~450 that is in that US news spreadsheet
In my interview they said they were interviewing 500 to get a class of 90Did anyone who interviewed recently get the feeling that they're interviewing way more people than past years? I think in my interview group there were over 35-40 people which would make it much more than the ~450 that is in that US news spreadsheet
I can confirm this. I believe we were told that they are interviewing just south of 500 people for a class of 90 during the interview orientation.In my interview they said they were interviewing 500 to get a class of 90
Did anyone who interviewed recently get the feeling that they're interviewing way more people than past years? I think in my interview group there were over 35-40 people which would make it much more than the ~450 that is in that US news spreadsheet
May I ask what US news spreadsheet?
May I ask what US news spreadsheet?
This thing;
In my interview they said they were interviewing 500 to get a class of 90
I guess they're just having less interview days then it seems.
🙁Anyone here not receive a VITA invite or interview. It's nearly December, I'm not very optimistic tbh
+1 I'm trying to hold onto hopeAnyone here not receive a VITA invite or interview. It's nearly December, I'm not very optimistic tbh
Me, it sucks 🙁Anyone here not receive a VITA invite or interview. It's nearly December, I'm not very optimistic tbh
icedmocha223
Full Member
congrats!! when did you record your vita? still waiting for my II.... 🙁holy crap just got official II after VITA invite on 10/29! PRETTY CONFIDENT VITA=II CUZ I FKED UP MY VITA LMAO. They're probably just waiting to spread out the IIs after VITA.
Thanks! I had already completed VITA for another school when I was invited on 10/29. I'm sure yours will come eventually. It's just a long, agonizing wait once the VITA gets you hopeful.congrats!! when did you record your vita? still waiting for my II.... 🙁
This thing;
I guess they're just having less interview days then it seems.
This thing;
Thanks for the great info. Is there a link of this spreadsheet so that I can save it? Thanks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sturgeon surgeon
Full Member
II received yesterday ~8PM EST. Complete Sept 15. Have not received a Thursday VITA email, maybe this Thursday? I have already completed it for other schools.
A paper of mine just got accepted. I'm a 5th author on it. Is it worth the update? I also have two first author pubs but those are still in review
If you interviewed already, go ahead. Otherwise, they don't accept or want pre-interview updates, per the policies listed on their website.A paper of mine just got accepted. I'm a 5th author on it. Is it worth the update? I also have two first author pubs but those are still in review
so are VITAs/II's probably done being sent out here?
Yup, interviewed there this past weekIf you interviewed already, go ahead. Otherwise, they don't accept or want pre-interview updates, per the policies listed on their website.
I’d definitely update them, then. It won’t hurt.Yup, interviewed there this past week
Thanks for the great info. Is there a link of this spreadsheet so that I can save it? Thanks.
TBH the only way iwas able to find the link was to go into the html code of the sdn forum and then look for the google drive link. I had pasted the link in my post but I think it renders the page automatically for reasons above my paygrade.
MDAesthetic
Full Member
what time does Stanford's interview start/end? Is there a presentation before?
D
deleted1081241
Me too, and I LOVE Stanford 😢Me, it sucks 🙁
prototypeblitz
Full Member
Does stanford accept LOIs??
Same 😢Me too, and I LOVE Stanford 😢
Same. One of my LOR writers is from Stanford so super bummed 🙁 didn't expect much being from the East Coast but still was hopingMe too, and I LOVE Stanford 😢
At least you have one acceptance !Same. One of my LOR writers is from Stanford so super bummed 🙁 didn't expect much being from the East Coast but still was hoping
Literally my same case 😢 I guess applying later didn’t help, but I was really hoping the top schools would be more flexible because of COVID, as they claimed they would be...Same. One of my LOR writers is from Stanford so super bummed 🙁 didn't expect much being from the East Coast but still was hoping
Same. One of my LOR writers is from Stanford so super bummed 🙁 didn't expect much being from the East Coast but still was hoping
Is there an assumption that there is no further IIs from Stanford?Literally my same case 😢 I guess applying later didn’t help, but I was really hoping the top schools would be more flexible because of COVID, as they claimed they would be...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No.Is there an assumption that there is no further IIs from Stanford?
hopefulfuturemed
Full Member
Hi there! I had submitted my secondary app for Stanford 7/21, did VITA for another school in September.
Still haven't gotten any email at all from Stanford... Anyone who submitted in July in the same boat? Kinda nervous 🙁
Still haven't gotten any email at all from Stanford... Anyone who submitted in July in the same boat? Kinda nervous 🙁
D
deleted1038508
Same completion date as you and silence. I mean, it's Stanford. What do you expect? I'm not getting my hopes up lolHi there! I had submitted my secondary app for Stanford 7/21, did VITA for another school in September.
Still haven't gotten any email at all from Stanford... Anyone who submitted in July in the same boat? Kinda nervous 🙁
Hi there! I had submitted my secondary app for Stanford 7/21, did VITA for another school in September.
Still haven't gotten any email at all from Stanford... Anyone who submitted in July in the same boat? Kinda nervous 🙁
Silence here as well.
For everyone who is worried about not receiving II, I know it is not easy, but try to relax and as Goro says , “assume you have been rejected from everywhere until you get that first A.”
There are no guarantees and this process is so random. Trust that schools will see the greatness in you as an applicant and if they don’t it’s their loss!
I do believe that even for folks who submitted late, if you bring something special or the school wants you they will find a way to get you!
There are no guarantees and this process is so random. Trust that schools will see the greatness in you as an applicant and if they don’t it’s their loss!
I do believe that even for folks who submitted late, if you bring something special or the school wants you they will find a way to get you!