2020-2021 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait so you didn't get a VITA invite email?

I also did VITA for another school months ago, and I got a VITA email for Stanord on 10/29. No II though

edit: also congratulations!!!!

Thank you!! No VITA email specific to Stanford- I got a VITA email in October for a different school and completed it then, however. In the II email, they said if you have already completed VITA, Stanford admissions would just have access to that. I guess it's possible I'll receive the Stanford VITA email tomorrow, because it goes out on Thursdays?

EDIT: received email from VITA Thursday morning notifying me that Stanford has been added.
 
Last edited:
Has anyone who submitted their secondary in September heard back anything? II or VITA invites? I am trying to gage how far along they've reviewed the apps? Thanks in advance!
I'm wondering the same thing. I've been complete since late September and haven't heard anything back yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In the II email, they say you must complete VITA within two weeks. I would really try to aim for no more than 2 weeks, but reach out to admissions if you're concerned?
Mine does not say it must be completed within two weeks? All it says is Stanford added me for an interview. Also, this is neurotic because I have been swamped with assignments, but is it two weeks from the initial email TIME, or 11:59 PM?

Thank you.
 
Yal please forgive my dumbness, but I got a generic invitation to complete VITA. How do you all know which school invited you to do it? Is it just a wait and see game? I’ve got an interview in January for another school that participates in vita and didn’t know if this was theirs or a potential other one ??
 
Yal please forgive my dumbness, but I got a generic invitation to complete VITA. How do you all know which school invited you to do it? Is it just a wait and see game? I’ve got an interview in January for another school that participates in vita and didn’t know if this was theirs or a potential other one ??
what time did you get it today?
 
Yal please forgive my dumbness, but I got a generic invitation to complete VITA. How do you all know which school invited you to do it? Is it just a wait and see game? I’ve got an interview in January for another school that participates in vita and didn’t know if this was theirs or a potential other one ??
It should tell you which school requested the VITA in the email.
 
It should tell you which school requested the VITA in the email.

this was all it said. Maybe it’s just not showing on my phone? I’ll check on my computer when I get back!
 

Attachments

  • DC59F238-0E56-4EC1-9438-912F55ACB7E0.jpeg
    DC59F238-0E56-4EC1-9438-912F55ACB7E0.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 310
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine does not say it must be completed within two weeks? All it says is Stanford added me for an interview. Also, this is neurotic because I have been swamped with assignments, but is it two weeks from the initial email TIME, or 11:59 PM?

Thank you.

Sorry, I'm referring to the actual II email from Stanford. The email says you should submit VITA within 2 weeks. I never received a separate VITA email. Hope this helps!
 
Thank you! I am going to email admissions. It doesn't say a time to complete since I didn't get the official II, so I am really hoping I am not pushing it.
Let us know what they say! I'm in the same situation as you and hoping we still have time! (I haven't been able to do the VITA within these past two weeks since my VITA invite but didn't get an II email saying there was a two-week deadline.)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did my VITA about 2 months ago but haven't received anything else yet. Anyone in the same boat?
I'm assuming after Stanford vita? If so, seems like it is pre screen after all. Some people get official II before vita prob cuz the rest of their app is amazing already.
 
Last edited:
Any clue as to why the interview is only 20 minutes long? is that long enough? Do they place a greater emphasis on VITA? I feel like other schools have at least 30 min more like an hour long. Any tips for upcoming interview?
I'm wondering these questions too... also does anyone know if they use the VITA as a pre-screen for II?
 
I mean, at this point the only reasonable explanation is that they’re using VITA as a pre-screen for some applicants. There are several of us who got VITA invitations two weeks ago and no II
Does this mean if you haven't gotten an II after 10/29 VITA, you didn't make it past the screen?
 
Find it hard to believe that something as subjective as VITA could be a screen, but without hearing of IIs that went out I guess I have no better suggestion.
 
Last edited:
maybe they were screening out the uglies :/ if so, then I am ugly. I got VITA on 10/29 but have no II.
I feel like it also depends on when you sent off your VITA too. I waited until the day before the 2 week deadline to send off (working FT in an academic research lab) so I didn't expect an II before sending my VITA off
 
I feel like it also depends on when you sent off your VITA too. I waited until the day before the 2 week deadline to send off (working FT in an academic research lab) so I didn't expect an II before sending my VITA off

Yeah but what about the people who had VITA done for a previous school? They would’ve been able to download and view it immediately.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Find it hard to believe that something as subjective as VITA could be a screen, but without hearing of IIs that went out I guess I have no better suggestion.

TBH though is VITA that much more subjective than an interview anyway?
 
TBH though is VITA that much more subjective than an interview anyway?

No, they’re the same basically.. I’m just thinking out loud that it would be weird to use any subjective measure like VITA as a screen to see who gets an interview rather than it being downloaded for everyone who gets an interview (which is, I thought, the original purpose from AAMC) and used as part of the interview process.

Put another way—the things that get people interviews are their primary and secondary application contents, right?. What are the VITA responses going to tell them that would make them decide to not interview someone they otherwise were going to? It’s like interview performance and acceptances—they don’t move the needle THAT much. It’s mostly to make sure you’re a good fit and not a huge weirdo. I’m sure most people did just fine on VITA.

I’m going to stick with “they’re just being slow right now” because it makes me feel better. 😉
 
I was a 10/29 II and wasn't PTSP. Does anyone have any tips for the interview? Mine is in 3 days! It's only 1 20 minute interview tho... so idk how much I'll get to say. Harvard was way longer, at 40 mins with 2 interviews...
 
I was a 10/29 II and wasn't PTSP. Does anyone have any tips for the interview? Mine is in 3 days! It's only 1 20 minute interview tho... so idk how much I'll get to say. Harvard was way longer, at 40 mins with 2 interviews...
What’s PSTP?
And when did you receive the official II?
 
I was a 10/29 II and wasn't PTSP. Does anyone have any tips for the interview? Mine is in 3 days! It's only 1 20 minute interview tho... so idk how much I'll get to say. Harvard was way longer, at 40 mins with 2 interviews...
Mine is in 3 days too for normal MD! Do we know who we’re interviewing with beforehand?