nycccpremed
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't received a VITA, complete silence and at this point I'm assuming the R is coming.
Same here! Haven’t received a VITA yet. I’m just assuming the R will be here soon 🙁
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I haven't received a VITA, complete silence and at this point I'm assuming the R is coming.
Interesting they sent Rs first to the people that got VITA but no II.I haven't received a VITA, complete silence and at this point I'm assuming the R is coming.
Interesting they sent Rs first to the people that got VITA but no II.
I believe this is it. My guess is that those who got II before VITA were already strong enough applicants to interview. For example, hypothetically, if one applicant were a nobel laureate, I'd interview him/her regardless of VITA lmao. Who knows tho..Is VITA used a screening tool for some applicants (maybe those on the cusp of II) but not for others? This cycle is so so weird
I survived. Anyone else?Dang did anyone from the 10/29 VITA/No II gang survive this massive wave of Rs?
At this point, who knows? 😭 This application cycle has been so nebulous... I've been complete since the first week of October, and no VITA, interview invite, or rejection from here yet. Just total silence.if we've had silence since complete but no R yet is the R coming or there's still a chance lol
I am staying positive. You are not rejected until you receive that dreaded email. But remember 11k apps for 90 seats! I am sure it is just picking from a hat.if we've had silence since complete but no R yet is the R coming or there's still a chance lol
I genuinely think that they are experiencing delays in processing apps. They might send more VITAs and IIs in the next two months (hopefully)if we've had silence since complete but no R yet is the R coming or there's still a chance lol
I agree. It isn’t over until you get the rejection email. my only wish was that admissions had clarified the purpose of the VITA for all applicantsI am staying positive. You are not rejected until you receive that dreaded email. But remember 11k apps for 90 seats! I am sure it is just picking from a hat.
Exactly! My only wish, too! I don't appreciate how nebulous they're being, especially during this application cycle with everything going on.I agree. It isn’t over until you get the rejection email. my only wish was that admissions had clarified the purpose of the VITA for all applicants
!!!!!I agree. It isn’t over until you get the rejection email. my only wish was that admissions had clarified the purpose of the VITA for all applicants
We wish admissions clarified a lot of things!!!I agree. It isn’t over until you get the rejection email. my only wish was that admissions had clarified the purpose of the VITA for all applicants
They must have sent wrong VITAs to some applicants including me 🙁
Why did this to me Stanford... Why let me take the VITA and then kept me in the dark 🙁
Positive thoughts your way. If not yet rejected, you are not yet rejected, right?Also 10/29 vita, no R in this last wave. No clue what this means at this point lol
!!!!!!!We wish admissions clarified a lot of things!!!
A few people from October heard back too in the rejection wave that came out.I submitted on the last day possible 11/5 lol so I guess I won't be hearing back for a while if August/September people are hearing back only now
When did you submit your VITA?10/29 vita (one question semi-botched) and no R....if vita were a screen, I think I'd have probably been screened out lol
Me too 😛I submitted on the last day possible 11/5 lol so I guess I won't be hearing back for a while if August/September people are hearing back only now
Sometime in August for another schoolWhen did you submit your VITA?
same heree! complete 7/23 and radio silence since thenJuly complete, no vita, no II, no R. I don't understand anything, but I guess i'll just wait.
Yep. Complete in late July. Was kind of expecting it from Stanford, knew it was a long shot 🙂 Good luck to all other applicants!!I'm so sorry about the R 🙁 was that pre VITA?
I’m still (barely) aliveDang did anyone from the 10/29 VITA/No II gang survive this massive wave of Rs?
you'll get an email that stanford was addedIf I completed a VITA for a diff school will Stanford also automatically see my response? Or will an email come to me saying Stanford also requests a VITA and then my recording gets sent to them?
PS nice reddit/premed meme...Who sends an R at 9PM on a Sunday... I was trying to enjoy a movie with my boyfriend :'(
more than 10,000 apps for 90 seats, that's less than 1% acceptance rate! what could I expect? guess I should just assume that it will be an R anyway. After all I did not have a Nature pub
Rejection wave came on 12/6 + 12/7.when did the rejection wave come
The rejection wave was earlier this week, between 12/6-12/7.when did the rejection wave come
earlier in the thread some VITA ppl from the 10/29 group did receive a RI wonder if any VITA people have gotten an R? I got VITA on 10/29 and I haven't heard anything from Stanford since
wow that’s impressive. do u have any ties to Stanford?Yeah I’m curious too. I interviewed on 11/18, got the II from Stanford on 10/28, and the AAMC VITA notification on 10/29, which doesn’t make much sense if VITA is used as a pre-screen. My II from Stanford said VITA would be used in conjunction with the virtual interview. It would also be kinda weird/sus if they used VITA to pre-screen some applicants but not others.
Nope. Also lol I recognize you from the UA thread, rip us 😅wow that’s impressive. do u have any ties to Stanford?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.