You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Stanford
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Same... honestly, I kinda didn’t expect much from Stanford cuz my most recent ex went there for UG and works at *that* big tech company nearby, so being at the school and the thought of going there was less palatable to me for a time... But now I’m over my ex, and I want to go again LOLNo VITA. No II. No R lol I don’t know how to interpret this. Complete in July. I am trying not to get my hopes up too much
Last edited:
at this point I think I'm gonna stop waiting for the shoe to drop lol 😶10/29 VITA but no R or II yet....I am stressed and worried
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm wondering whether they may have pulled a Mayo and sent out some VITAs that they didn't mean to?? Which would explain the R that some people have received even though they've stated that the VITA is not a screening tool....at this point I think I'm gonna stop waiting for the shoe to drop lol 😶
penguinspenguins
Full Member
wait I was under the impression it was used as a screening tool. Did it say somewhere it was not used as one?I'm wondering whether they may have pulled a Mayo and sent out some VITAs that they didn't mean to?? Which would explain the R that some people have received even though they've stated that the VITA is not a screening tool....
TBH I don't know... I'm just an anxious mess of anxiety and coffee, don't even listen to me.wait I was under the impression it was used as a screening tool. Did it say somewhere it was not used as one?
I think Stanford does use it to screenwait I was under the impression it was used as a screening tool. Did it say somewhere it was not used as one?
penguinspenguins
Full Member
haha I feel you, I've emailed them about it and they still did not give a direct answer. I'm still waiting on the real II from the 10/29 VITA request batchTBH I don't know... I'm just an anxious mess of anxiety and coffee, don't even listen to me.
Hey, at least you received a VITA! Definitely a positive sign. I've heard nothing, although I did end up being complete 10/18 so maybe they just haven't gotten to me yet. OR THEY HATE ME AND I'M NEVER GETTING INTO MED SCHOOL AHHHHhaha I feel you, I've emailed them about it and they still did not give a direct answer. I'm still waiting on the real II from the 10/29 VITA request batch![]()
I got an II w/o doing VITA.I think Stanford does use it to screen
nycccpremed
Full Member
Did anyone get a VITA invite this week?
justagirl213
Full Member
Welp it’s 4pm, no VITA, no R....
nycccpremed
Full Member
Welp it’s 4pm, no VITA, no R....
Samee! Maybe they forgot abt us [emoji23]
stopbiting
Full Member
I got an II w/o doing VITA.
Can confirm, I know others who received their II before they received a Vita invite. Just want to reiterate for those of you who are stressed about not hearing about an II yet, this is an incredibly challenging year to apply to Stanford. The dean told a colleague of mine that they had "almost double" the number of applications as last year. Still only ~90 seats per class.
Not saying anyone should give up hope or anything, just know that (likely because of the MCAT adjustments) this is a crazy year for Stanford. You guys are all awesome no matter what.
Open offer to anyone who wants to learn more about the program, just DM me
For some reason all my coffee convinced me that today was the DAY but yeah no VITA and now I'm too caffeinated to eat food y'all
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does Stanford offer post-R feedback?
Sounds like 'Fauci effect' 18% or 5%.No VITA. No II. No R lol I don’t know how to interpret this. Complete in July. I am trying not to get my hopes up too much
They don’t, unfortunately.Does Stanford offer post-R feedback?
Nope!Do we think they’re done sending out interview invites? 😔
nycccpremed
Full Member
Do we think they’re done sending out interview invites? [emoji17]
I dont think they’re done yet
Yes, but I got the II before I got the VITA interview request and I did VITA the day before I interviewed.You were still asked to do VITA for Stanford at some point right?
Nope!
Ugh, I hope so 😭🤞I dont think they’re done yet
futuredoc1999108753
Full Member
I got a vita from Stanford on Dec. 3rd but no interview
I got a vita from Stanford on Dec. 3rd but no interview
Me too 🙁 Doing the VITA tomorrow
neuroticaf
Full Member
random question: do we submit FAFSA only after we get into schools? or do we submit that while we're still applying?
Black_Taurean
Full Member
Honestly, I submitted to schools that I had interviewed with and then adjusted as admissions decisions came outrandom question: do we submit FAFSA only after we get into schools? or do we submit that while we're still applying?
neuroticaf
Full Member
do you think that would hurt our chances if they see we're applying for aid? And would it hurt to just apply after getting admitted? Or is it more of a first-come first served rolling?Honestly, I submitted to schools that I had interviewed with and then adjusted as admissions decisions came out
fullofbeanz
Full Member
You should to do it while you are applying. I didn’t realize that until it was mentioned during one of my interviews. I would complete it ASAP. One of the schools I applied to said they hand out aid based on the date the FAFSA was completed (aka not from the date you were admitted).random question: do we submit FAFSA only after we get into schools? or do we submit that while we're still applying?
Black_Taurean
Full Member
as stated above, it doesn't hurt your chances. Financial aid is something that you don't delay due to how schools process need-based aiddo you think that would hurt our chances if they see we're applying for aid? And would it hurt to just apply after getting admitted? Or is it more of a first-come first served rolling?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredoc1999108753
Full Member
I am doing Vita tomorrow too! How are you practicing do you have any advice ?Me too 🙁 Doing the VITA tomorrow
I did two practice VITAs, they were the same questions both times. I think VITA was pretty stupid. If you are a regular applicant it shouldn't be too bad but if you are non-Trad it leaves a lot to he desired. A big problem is because all of the questions are prepared before hand, and not based on your application, a lot of what you can be asked isn't necessarily applicable to your specific life history. It makes it rather difficult to emphasize your stronger qualities.I am doing Vita tomorrow too! How are you practicing do you have any advice ?
I did two practice VITAs, they were the same questions both times. I think VITA was pretty stupid. If you are a regular applicant it shouldn't be too bad but if you are non-Trad it leaves a lot to he desired. A big problem is because all of the questions are prepared before hand, and not based on your application, a lot of what you can be asked isn't necessarily applicable to your specific life history. It makes it rather difficult to emphasize your stronger qualities.
I don’t necessarily agree that there is an inherent disadvantage to non trad students. VITA allegedly serves as a replacement to the MMI, which in my experience is just a slurry of random questions. So if anything, by lending experience irrelevant, it evens the playing field for all applicants by only evaluating your character and ability to respond effectively. Just my two cents though.
I am doing Vita tomorrow too! How are you practicing do you have any advice ?
I’m just doing the practice questions for familiarity and leaving the rest up to fate lol.
futuredoc1999108753
Full Member
Are you smiling during the vita? Not sure if I should or noI’m just doing the practice questions for familiarity and leaving the rest up to fate lol.
Black_Taurean
Full Member
I smiled because i know i have rbfAre you smiling during the vita? Not sure if I should or no
D
deleted1070467
Does anyone know the January decision release date?
Dr. Gibbs told us that the best time to send letters of intent/interest is after you are waitlistedDoes anyone know if Stanford takes/appreciates post-II letters of interest/intent or updates? I know they said to email updates within 2 weeks of interviews, and my interview was a long time ago in October. However, I just recently received some news that can be used in an update. Thanks!
justagirl213
Full Member
Just a heads up- my friend works at Stanford and she said most faculty are on break from Dec 14- Jan 4, so it might be radio silence until 2021.
At my interview day, they said that medical admissions staff are still working through those days (rip). Everyone else was off for break though.Just a heads up- my friend works at Stanford and she said most faculty are on break from Dec 14- Jan 4, so it might be radio silence until 2021.
Black_Taurean
Full Member
That stinks. I hope they resolve the fates of the 10/29 VITA crew during this stintAt my interview day, they said that medical admissions staff are still working through those days (rip). Everyone else was off for break though.
futuredoc1999108753
Full Member
I just submitted Vita yesterday and have gotten a II
justagirl213
Full Member
Congrats!! Today? When where you complete?I just submitted Vita yesterday and have gotten a II
mcmdsp1234
Full Member
That's awesome!! When were you invited for your Vita?I just submitted Vita yesterday and have gotten a II
Last edited:
Black_Taurean
Full Member
Congrats! What dates are available?I just submitted Vita yesterday and have gotten a II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just submitted Vita yesterday and have gotten a II
Dang. I also was invited for VITA 12/3, submitted Saturday, but haven’t heard back. Mild panic setting in.
Last edited:
October VITA gang reporting in — just invited to interview for the PSTP and MD program 🙂
Black_Taurean
Full Member
This gave me hope, thank you for sharingOctober VITA gang reporting in — just invited to interview for the PSTP and MD program 🙂
nycccpremed
Full Member
Do you guys think that there could be more VITA invites this Thursday?[emoji2371]
Complete in July and radio silence since (lowkey still hoping)
Complete in July and radio silence since (lowkey still hoping)
mcmdsp1234
Full Member
So exciting!!!! Congrats!!! What were the interview dates available?October VITA gang reporting in — just invited to interview for the PSTP and MD program 🙂