You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Stanford
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Which two people? Did they specifically state that they didn't get II after VITA? Or did they just not reply to the thread after VITA invite?My friend tried to call, however, it goes straight to voicemail. Are we sure a VITA invite = interview because it seemed like 2 people on the thread didn't end up getting the interview.
Received VITA email yesterday (was already completed for another school). No II yet. LM 69, OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those two got it eventually, both 10 days after finding out about VITAMy friend tried to call, however, it goes straight to voicemail. Are we sure a VITA invite = interview because it seemed like 2 people on the thread didn't end up getting the interview.
When you go under “contact us” in the Stanford portal, it tells you to email their admissions office. They probably aren’t taking calls since they’re working remotely.My friend tried to call, however, it goes straight to voicemail. Are we sure a VITA invite = interview because it seemed like 2 people on the thread didn't end up getting the interview.
I think it's because Stanford was interviewing the PSTP people first.Seems like most people who get VITA apply to PSTP? Wondering if all PSTP get VITA or any non-PTSP get VITA?
I'm non-PSTP and got the VITA invite.
PSTP applicant here but I was complete pretty late... first wk of October.
PSTP applicant here who applied the first week of October too! Have you heard back for an interview yet?PSTP applicant here but I was complete pretty late... first wk of October.
Nope! I'm already going to assume the big R. lmao.PSTP applicant here who applied the first week of October too! Have you heard back for an interview yet?
Lmao, same here tbhNope! I'm already going to assume the big R. lmao.
D
deleted1070467
Does anyone know if the traditional, virtual interview they are doing this cycle is an open or closed interview?
Does anyone know if the traditional, virtual interview they are doing this cycle is an open or closed interview?
Just interviewed last week and mine was open file
D
deleted1070467
Just interviewed last week and mine was open file
Was this for the "regular MD" interview? And, any information on # of interviews or length?
Was this for the "regular MD" interview? And, any information on # of interviews or length?
Yes, regular MD. I had one, 1:1 interview with a faculty member. It lasted about 20 minutes. I'm pretty sure the VITA serves as a replacement for the MMI, so you won't have an MMI during your actual interview day
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know how they're weighing the VITA vs the 101 interview?
Anyone know how they're weighing the VITA vs the 101 interview?
Honestly, unsure. I am leaning towards thinking that VITA might be a pre-interview screen after all (I'm really hoping not considering I got the VITA invite a few days ago without the II yet 🙁). From their website:
"Eligible applications will be reviewed for consideration of an interview...Applicants who are in consideration, may also be invited to complete the AAMC VITA. The VITA will be complementary to our holistic review process."
From How to Apply Step 3
That being said, based on the fact that everyone who got the VITA earlier got an II a few days later, it looks like they aren't being too screen-y with the VITA responses and it might just be a "does this person have any red flags?" check. There are also some other things to consider such as the fact that some people got formal IIs without having done VITA yet.
I felt like I bombed the VITA, so if I get an II, we will know for sure that VITA is not a pre-II screen haha..Honestly, unsure. I am leaning towards thinking that VITA might be a pre-interview screen after all (I'm really hoping not considering I got the VITA invite a few days ago without the II yet 🙁).
Another thought is that, since reviewing VITAs take additional time, it may be reviewed after adcoms like the primary/secondary apps? Just throwing out ideas.I don’t think it’s a pre-interview screen, because if it was, then all applicants would get a VITA invite in order to be considered for interviews, no? I and many others applied, and haven’t received an email to complete VITA.
Another thought is that, since reviewing VITAs take additional time, it may be reviewed after adcoms like the primary/secondary apps? Just throwing out ideas.
I dunno but the way they do this with tantalizing us with the VITA update and then several days passing before a (maybe) II is crazy.
If you get a VITA invite, I think you'll get an II. I think their app system is just delayed, I get confirmation emails like days after the event.
Bob from Chicago out here giving me the hope I need
D
deleted1070467
Yes, regular MD. I had one, 1:1 interview with a faculty member. It lasted about 20 minutes. I'm pretty sure the VITA serves as a replacement for the MMI, so you won't have an MMI during your actual interview day
Wow, that is a *lot* riding on a 1/3 of an hour haha
D
deleted1070467
If you get a VITA invite, I think you'll get an II. I think their app system is just delayed, I get confirmation emails like days after the event.
I second this...I don't think order of SMS or VITA notification means anything...getting either means II
Dang it, my VITA definitely was not my best work lolWow, that is a *lot* riding on a 1/3 of an hour haha
Honestly, unsure. I am leaning towards thinking that VITA might be a pre-interview screen after all.
There is no way this is true. I received my II last Wednesday before I got my Vita invitation the day after, Thursday. Y'all need to chill out and stop stress panicking lol.
Rip that’s barely any time at all. I’m scared I botched VITA, so I was really banking on the virtual interview going well. Anyone know how much weight VITA will carry relative to the actual interview?Yes, regular MD. I had one, 1:1 interview with a faculty member. It lasted about 20 minutes. I'm pretty sure the VITA serves as a replacement for the MMI, so you won't have an MMI during your actual interview day
Black_Taurean
Full Member
Should I just film my VITA before hearing from Stanford admissions about scheduling my 1:1?
That was such a big wave of VITA invites I feel like if it’s not a pre-screen those of us that didn’t get it are donezo
That was such a big wave of VITA invites I feel like if it’s not a pre-screen those of us that didn’t get it are donezo
Don't do this to yourself!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have some questions:
1) Do I need to select the MD-Physician Scientist training (not MSTP) or can I just select MD? I know they ask about Discovery curriculum as 2° essay, but not sure when interested in Berg Scholar + MD means I have to select MD-Physician Scientist Training
2) if they ask for my ORCid, why r they asking me to fill out publication info?
1) Do I need to select the MD-Physician Scientist training (not MSTP) or can I just select MD? I know they ask about Discovery curriculum as 2° essay, but not sure when interested in Berg Scholar + MD means I have to select MD-Physician Scientist Training
2) if they ask for my ORCid, why r they asking me to fill out publication info?
Hey! Was just wondering how long it took for them to send you the secondary? I've been waiting for weeks and still haven't gotten it, but all my others came through right awayI have some questions:
1) Do I need to select the MD-Physician Scientist training (not MSTP) or can I just select MD? I know they ask about Discovery curriculum as 2° essay, but not sure when interested in Berg Scholar + MD means I have to select MD-Physician Scientist Training
2) if they ask for my ORCid, why r they asking me to fill out publication info?
Has anyone who got the VITA invite last Thursday gotten an interview invite yet? I’m getting anxious lol
Has anyone who got the VITA invite last Thursday gotten an interview invite yet? I’m getting anxious lol
VITA invite Thursday, no II yet (PSTP)
What time did hou receive your vita? EstI got the invite last thursday and haven't received II either. guess we just have to be patient! 🙂
kittensneezes
Full Member
Same hereI got the invite last thursday and haven't received II either. guess we just have to be patient! 🙂
VITA invite today at 4 pm EST. No II
Congrats! What was your complete date?
Completed on 8/24/2020Congrats! What was your complete date?
Did anyone else have an issue receiving a secondary invitation? Yes, I know it is late.
Admissions told me they sent it a month ago, but I have no record of receiving it. I have a brand new email account for medical school applications and have never deleted an email. I looked in Spam and Trash just in case.
Admissions told me they sent it a month ago, but I have no record of receiving it. I have a brand new email account for medical school applications and have never deleted an email. I looked in Spam and Trash just in case.
Did anyone else have an issue receiving a secondary invitation? Yes, I know it is late.
Admissions told me they sent it a month ago, but I have no record of receiving it. I have a brand new email account for medical school applications and have never deleted an email. I looked in Spam and Trash just in case.
Go to AMP and walk through the process. There's nothing unique about the secondary invite email (no password sent, no unique link).
Thank you. The admissions office “resent” my invitation, but it’s due tonight!Go to AMP and walk through the process. There's nothing unique about the secondary invite email (no password sent, no unique link).
I know it sounds preposterous, but I didn’t receive the email. I have an alert that goes to my phone for every email and no alert on the date Stanford says it was sent. There’s no way I could have accidentally deleted the alert and only deleted their secondary invite from my email account.
Hey there, I think I may be able to provide some insight into this, as I had some issues receiving the secondary application e-mail invitations from the schools that use the MedAdmit portal too. In my case, I had originally applied with my personal e-mail address. For some reason, with my personal e-mail address, emails sent from MedAdmit kept getting dropped and not making their way to me. Changing my e-mail address to my college-associated e-mail address resolved the issue and I was able to receive the secondaries from these were schools after they re-sent them to me. Hope this helps!Thank you. The admissions office “resent” my invitation, but it’s due tonight!
I know it sounds preposterous, but I didn’t receive the email. I have an alert that goes to my phone for every email and no alert on the date Stanford says it was sent. There’s no way I could have accidentally deleted the alert and only deleted their secondary invite from my email account.
Hopefully all the VITA invite/no II people hear something today. Has anyone called or emailed asking about it, or are we all just waiting based on previous applicants saying they got an II within a week ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dustnstars
Full Member
Super late, but submitted my secondary last night!!! Hoping for the best
Hopefully all the VITA invite/no II people hear something today. Has anyone called or emailed asking about it, or are we all just waiting based on previous applicants saying they got an II within a week ?
I sent an email last week, but got a response that just said that VITA = "in consideration" and to ref their website (How to Apply) ... honestly i couldn't parse what it meant really :/
Same🙂Super late, but submitted my secondary last night!!! Hoping for the best
I sent an email last week, but got a response that just said that VITA = "in consideration" and to ref their website (How to Apply) ... honestly i couldn't parse what it meant really :/
Sooo I’m guessing there’s a difference between an interview and “in consideration”?? UGH this is too much stress.
Is there a deadline for the VITA response? I have not done it yet, but plan to do it within the next two weeks for another school’s deadline.