2019-2020 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew. Good luck all-- This is a fantastic place.

Reactions: 1 users
You guys know if the school provides things like Boards and Beyond, pathoma, etc etc?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if this school requires a PTE to hold my spot? I'm still waiting on other schools and I was accepted here recently, so I haven't really been able to realistically narrow down my school choices.

Does anyone know if this school requires a PTE to hold my spot? I'm still waiting on other schools and I was accepted here recently, so I haven't really been able to realistically narrow down my school choices.
By April 30th, you need to have PTE for one school you have been accepted to. So all of your other acceptances are withdrawn, but you can still be on waitlists. if you get a decision after april 30th I think you have 5 days to decide if you want to keep your current acceptance or take the new one. So you don't need to have PTE for any school until april 30

By April 30th, you need to have PTE for one school you have been accepted to. So all of your other acceptances are withdrawn, but you can still be on waitlists. if you get a decision after april 30th I think you have 5 days to decide if you want to keep your current acceptance or take the new one. So you don't need to have PTE for any school until april 30

As I understand it, we have the option of committing to enroll on April 30th. If you wish, you can still select the PTE option and still hold multiple acceptances after April 30th. However, at this point it is up to each individual school to decide how they wish to follow the AMCAS traffic guidelines.
1588026468733.png

As I understand it, we have the option of committing to enroll on April 30th. If you wish, you can still select the PTE option and still hold multiple acceptances after April 30th. However, at this point it is up to each individual school to decide how they wish to follow the AMCAS traffic guidelines.
View attachment 304211

I think you’re right it is school specific. As a heads up, Stonybrook does require you to drop other acceptances on/after April 30th! This was an email We got from Stonybrook!
2B4FE4FA-E998-46C1-A802-A3394B4BEB95.jpeg

Isn't June 15th a bit early to make students commit to enrolling? I thought most schools made their CTE deadlines in July. June seems early because certain schools only start looking at their waitlists in June rather than May, so maybe WL action is still happening late June

Isn't June 15th a bit early to make students commit to enrolling? I thought most schools made their CTE deadlines in July. June seems early because certain schools only start looking at their waitlists in June rather than May, so maybe WL action is still happening late June

CTE deadlines are up to the school’s discretion. Some schools have their CTE deadline 4/30. It’s up to them how long they want to give their students for waitlist movement unfortunately

Members don't see this ad :)
So interviewed January 23rd... radio silence since then. Do I email Ms. Miller and ask what's up or just wait until April 30th when there will probably be some communication??

I was accepted on Friday and still having trouble logging in to the SOLAR portal. Can anyone else log on?

So.... that FA email from Mary Allen clears it up I guess.... If you didn't receive an email from her, you're not getting a need based grant or aid.

Does this mean we just wait for them to tell us when/how we take out loans? Lol, looking for some solidarity and reassurance that I'm not the only one horribly confused and worried.....

Reactions: 2 users
So.... that FA email from Mary Allen clears it up I guess.... If you didn't receive an email from her, you're not getting a need based grant or aid.

Does this mean we just wait for them to tell us when/how we take out loans? Lol, looking for some solidarity and reassurance that I'm not the only one horribly confused and worried.....

Did anyone receive need based grants? I thought I would since I’m seriously financially disadvantaged but I didn’t. The office hasn’t been good with communication at all. They don’t respond to emails much and you can’t even call them with the pandemic. It kind of makes me disappointed with RSOM...

I'm in the same boat as you two; I feel like there hasn't been much talk at all about the institutional aid given out by RSOM...

No, not off the waitlist, I interviewed on 1/31 and sent a letter of intent 2/26.

Did anyone receive need based grants? I thought I would since I’m seriously financially disadvantaged but I didn’t. The office hasn’t been good with communication at all. They don’t respond to emails much and you can’t even call them with the pandemic. It kind of makes me disappointed with RSOM...
Make well under 100k in my household and no need based aid here :(

So for those of us who have interviewed and still have not heard back- what are your thoughts?

Make well under 100k in my household and no need based aid here :(
I feel you. During my interview they were very clear that they have very little aid to give out and that very few students would receive it. It sucks but I was glad they were up front about it at my interview. Not sure if everyone had that same experience.

So for those of us who have interviewed and still have not heard back- what are your thoughts?
Idk I'm somewhat nervous. Last week a few people on this thread who interviewed early March (same as me) got A. Makes me a bit nervous that I haven't. Though I know my interview went really well and I'm hopeful that that plus a loi I sent about a month ago may be fruitful

Agreed, and the PTE date being only two days away is stressing me out even more lol
Don't be maybe they are waiting for after and see what their class looks like and then they will fill in with whoever hasn't heard back. I. Waitlisted and waiting patiently. Idk it's just my guess that that's what they're doing.

What is the waitlist movement like here? Is there a lot of movement or not really?
I think it's pretty good. On interview day they said in the past like 30% of the incoming class comes from waitlists

Don't be maybe they are waiting for after and see what their class looks like and then they will fill in with whoever hasn't heard back. I. Waitlisted and waiting patiently. Idk it's just my guess that that's what they're doing.

That would be interviewing us for waitlist and they said during the interview they don’t do that. Not saying you are wrong, but it will really suck / unprofessional if that is the case. :(

Anyone have insight on how the school plans to start classes - normally or virtually? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be interviewing us for waitlist and they said during the interview they don’t do that. Not saying you are wrong, but it will really suck / unprofessional if that is the case. :(
I mean my claims are totally baseless but it is 4/28 two days away from decision day.

Anyone have insight on how the school plans to start classes - normally or virtually? Thanks!

Seeing the state of the campus (temp hospitals) and how bad it is in NYC, I would guess online.

I mean my claims are totally baseless but it is 4/28 two days away from decision day.

Again, not saying you are wrong, I am just frustrated at their timeline here. Also I don’t think traffic rule says schools have to release post II decisions by 4/30.

Again, not saying you are wrong, I am just frustrated at their timeline here. Also I don’t think traffic rule says schools have to release post II decisions by 4/30.
What I am saying is that I am just guessing and Idk what I am talking about and to take this with a grain of salt.
It's possible that they are doing this and still not interviewing for waitlist. It's totally possible that at the time there were spots and ppl just didn't make the first cut.

I don't think that it has to mean you are on the waitlist. It is possible they are just waiting to see how many seats they have open so they can give more people A's instead of WL and then A.

I’m trying to hold out hope that not having a decision by now isn’t necessarily a bad thing, and that maybe some of our decisions are delayed because of coronavirus.

I don't think that it has to mean you are on the waitlist. It is possible they are just waiting to see how many seats they have open so they can give more people A's instead of WL and then A.
Makes sense! I saw in past years threads few people got A after May 1st(without being placed on WL) probably for that reason

Reactions: 3 users
Seeing the state of the campus (temp hospitals) and how bad it is in NYC, I would guess online.

Damnnnnn I do NOT want to be doing anatomy online

• Haha
I received a need based grant! However, will be withdrawing! Best of luck! I wonder if they may redisburse aid?

I received a need based grant! However, will be withdrawing! Best of luck! I wonder if they may redisburse aid?
I emailed then 4 times before receiving the financial aid package haha

Do you think there's any chance of pushing that date back? I got nothing with need based aid unfortunately and I'd like to hold out for WLs at schools with more generous financial aid.

Just withdrew after some debating, hope one of you guys gets the spot!!

Also withdrew my A yesterday. Very sad had an amazing experience! Best of luck to everyone