2020-2021 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still waiting on a secondary, OOS verified 6/4

Members don't see this ad.

Advice or Tip needed: I did not have a leadership skill in college, but I current have a leadership role in my job, can I talk about the leadership role in my job instead?

Advice or Tip needed: I did not have a leadership skill in college, but I current have a leadership role in my job, can I talk about the leadership role in my job instead?

I think it makes more sense for you to list your work-related leadership skills than to leave that question blank

Members don't see this ad :)
Lmao I'm so neurotically stressed that I haven't received a secondary yet. I know how time-sensitive tulane is and it's one of my top choices!! Others are still waiting as well, correct?

Yes I’m still waiting (somewhat patiently). I’m out of state

Reactions: 1 users
Lmao I'm so neurotically stressed that I haven't received a secondary yet. I know how time-sensitive tulane is and it's one of my top choices!! Others are still waiting as well, correct?
Still waiting! OOS.

Yes! I'm OOS, verified 6/2 and still waiting.

secondary "In what ways did the COVID-19 pandemic alter/interrupt your medical school application?"

So I have an essay talking about how covid-19 impacted me that I wrote for other schools, but it didn't "alter/interrupt" my med school app. Do you guys think I should still include it in my Tulane app or no?

Members don't see this ad :)
For the list of leadership roles are y'all simply listing them - or also briefly describing what you did/skills you used?

Received my secondary today. A bit surprised since I haven't taken the CASPER yet

Can working as a teacher's assistant count as a leadership activity?

Reactions: 1 user
For the list of leadership roles are y'all simply listing them - or also briefly describing what you did/skills you used?
I believe if it says list, then list it. I listed mine and looking at other threads most other people did too.

Still no secondary so I'm kind of annoyed considering they work pretty fast over there and I wanted to get ahead of the curve. Fingers crossed it comes through today.

Was verified before the send date and was hoping to get earrly :(

unless I am mistaken i feel like getting everything in before end of july-ish for tulane will still leave you in a good spot. I think getting into august/sept is when you would be considered "late" for them

unless I am mistaken i feel like getting everything in before end of july-ish for tulane will still leave you in a good spot. I think getting into august/sept is when you would be considered "late" for them
thanks for that insight. I already have my secondary written so it's literally a matter of getting the email.

thanks for that insight. I already have my secondary written so it's literally a matter of getting the email.
i hope i'm right! but that's what I think based off of old threads. and i'm in the exact same position haha

Those who have received secondaries, when did you get verified? I got verified July 1st and nothing.

I was verified on 6/4 and still waiting on the secondary.

OOS.

Fyi all, I was verified on 5/28 and still have not received secondary. Nothing alarming about my stats, plus on their website, they clearly say that they send secondaries to everyone. I wouldn't worry about it

Fyi all, I was verified on 5/28 and still have not received secondary. Nothing alarming about my stats, plus on their website, they clearly say that they send secondaries to everyone. I wouldn't worry about it
whoa -- did not know you could be verified the same day as submission
nice!

Really? MSAR says they prescreen before sending out secondaries. I thought I was special there for a sec lol

Really? MSAR says they prescreen before sending out secondaries. I thought I was special there for a sec lol
"Every student who applies to TUSOM will need to fill out a secondary application. Once AMCAS verifies your application, they send the application to us. AMCAS can take a few weeks to verify your application, but once your primary application or AMCAS application is verified, AMCAS sends you an e-mail informing you Tulane has received your application. Within the next week, you will be emailed a secondary application from TUSOM."
Right below that section, they mention screening for interviews once everything is in!
source: MD Admissions | Medicine

Note: I also checked MSAR and it says "Secondary application sent to: All applicants"

I don't mean to pour fuel into the neurotic fire of pre-meds, but my application was verified 6/4 and I have not received a secondary yet. However, I am an international student (Canada), but my MCAT score, LoRs and CASPer results are all ready. Still (patiently) waiting.

I don't mean to pour fuel into the neurotic fire of pre-meds, but my application was verified 6/4 and I have not received a secondary yet. However, I am an international student (Canada), but my MCAT score, LoRs and CASPer results are all ready. Still (patiently) waiting.
I'm Canadian too, got mine today. Verified Monday and Released Monday July 13th. CASPer not ready yet.

For the purposes of their secondary what is defined as first-generation college student, no parent with a 4-year college degree?

OOS applicant, verified in June and still waiting for secondary.

Quick question. My LOR says it was received on July 7th, but under the application status, it still has the red exclamation point indicating that my LOR is not ready. Anyone else experiencing this?

Quick question. My LOR says it was received on July 7th, but under the application status, it still has the red exclamation point indicating that my LOR is not ready. Anyone else experiencing this?
Mine did too the day I submitted the secondary. The next day it was a green check mark with received by it

anyone get a secondary today?

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
Mine did too the day I submitted the secondary. The next day it was a green check mark with received by it
Thank you! Can I ask you how long after that did it take you to get the in Progress email?

Goddamn this is an especially neurotic thread lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
For
Thank you! Can I ask you how long after that did it take you to get the in Progress email?
For reference I was complete with green check marks first day I submitted and haven’t gotten a complete/in progress email. Just a red x by in progress.

I still haven’t gotten the “In Progress” email. As of yesterday there was still a red exclamation mark beside it

Lol, meanwhile others are still waiting for secondaries. My goodness!

Tulane definitely saw my CASPer and was like mmmmmm..... better not

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users