You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Tulane
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Not yet, I submitted on 7/16 and got an email saying we will get another email when it is "complete and under review."anyone received a post-submission complete email saying their application is under review?
inked.cuse
Full Member
Also curious about the COVID question, my application was not affected do the pandemic; i took my MCAT back in september. But other stuff like work has been. Should this be included or are they really only asking about application interference ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
treesarefrends
Full Member
I would include work stuffAlso curious about the COVID question, my application was not affected do the pandemic; i took my MCAT back in september. But other stuff like work has been. Should this be included or are they really only asking about application interference ?
D
deleted1061754
Same, complete with green checkmark but no complete email or status change yet. "in progress"...Not yet, I submitted on 7/16 and got an email saying we will get another email when it is "complete and under review."
Hey, it got fixed on its own and is now 'in progress.' Goodluck!this is happening to me, did it end up getting fixed on its own or did you contact admissions?
future_dr_j
Full Member
OOS secondary received today! 🙂
Same, OOS, verified pretty early, still waiting. To be honest though i dont mind too much, i'm behind on a lot of other schools so I'm happy to not have one extra to worry about right now lolIs anyone still waiting on a secondary? I'm going nuts (OOS)
InfectiousDiseasesH&TM
Full Member
Is anyone still waiting on a secondary? I'm going nuts (OOS)
I wouldn't worry about it!
I was verified on 05/28 and just received a secondary this morning. Punctual submission of the secondaries is less important this cycle. Still get them in before September, but I think adcoms will be more accepting of later subs
Same, OOS, verified pretty early, still waiting. To be honest though i dont mind too much, i'm behind on a lot of other schools so I'm happy to not have one extra to worry about right now lol
v real v real i'm suffering
D
deleted1058452
OOS secondary received now
same!OOS secondary received now
D
deleted1057987
Was about to submit my secondary and keep getting an error page. It now won't let me sign in 🙁 is this happening to anyone else rn
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1058452
Was about to submit my secondary and keep getting an error page. It now won't let me sign in 🙁 is this happening to anyone else rn
Yeah it’s happening to me too when I try to log in so def a portal issue!
D
deleted1057987
Thanks for letting me know!!Yeah it’s happening to me too when I try to log in so def a portal issue!
I navigated away from the secondary portal (closed the tab). Went back later to edit and got an error message that the page no longe existed. Anybody have any idea why I cannot access the portal any longer, or how I can access it once again?
anyone get a complete/in progress email yet?
Does anyone's status state "Interview" at the bottom underneath "In Progress"? I don't recall this being there previously but there are not actions available in the portal and all of the "Application Status" icons have an image error indication (little landscape image). I may just be overly optimistic....
D
deleted1058452
Does anyone's status state "Interview" at the bottom underneath "In Progress"? I don't recall this being there previously but there are not actions available in the portal and all of the "Application Status" icons have an image error indication (little landscape image). I may just be overly optimistic....
I haven’t submitted my app and I see that on my portal too. Not sure if it was there when I first logged in though
edit: here is a screenshot of what my portal looks like
Mine does. It definitely wasn't there beforeDoes anyone's status state "Interview" at the bottom underneath "In Progress"? I don't recall this being there previously but there are not actions available in the portal and all of the "Application Status" icons have an image error indication (little landscape image). I may just be overly optimistic....
carbonred
Full Member
Yep mine does now. It wasn't there beforeDoes anyone's status state "Interview" at the bottom underneath "In Progress"? I don't recall this being there previously but there are not actions available in the portal and all of the "Application Status" icons have an image error indication (little landscape image). I may just be overly optimistic....
Thanks for the quick response, y'all!
D
deleted1061754
Should we expect a complete email? Been complete like 7/14
CanadianApplicant2020
Full Member
+1Yep mine does now. It wasn't there before
D
deleted1058452
Should we expect a complete email? Been complete like 7/14
Looking at last years thread
they started marking secondaries complete close to two weeks after they started to come out. Interview invites started to come out very soon after that
If we assume a similar timeline with the given circumstances then I’d expect the first complete Emails and interview invites to start coming in at the end of this week or beginning of next week
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 trying to contain my optimismDoes anyone's status state "Interview" at the bottom underneath "In Progress"? I don't recall this being there previously but there are not actions available in the portal and all of the "Application Status" icons have an image error indication (little landscape image). I may just be overly optimistic....
Do you know if this happens to everyone or just people they want to interview?+1 trying to contain my optimism
D
deleted1058452
Do you know if this happens to everyone or just people they want to interview?
This definitely seems to be happening to everyone considering I see it and haven’t even submitted my secondary
ah makes sense now, probably just a glitch in the systemThis definitely seems to be happening to everyone considering I see it and haven’t even submitted my secondary
just got an under review email
When did you submit your secondary?just got an under review email
received and submitted 7/17When did you submit your secondary?
Internationalphysician
Full Member
Likewise! Just received under review email. Submitted 7/17
D
deleted1061754
That isn’t a check mark, it’s the Java/html not loading.Green check mark at interview. What does it mean? Anyone?
Are you early decision?Likewise! Just received under review email. Submitted 7/17
I have that too. Turns out it means nothing. 🙁Green check mark at interview. What does it mean? Anyone?
ReallyNicepremed
Full Member
Goddamn! Tulane is going to send out interview invites before I get a secondary and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.
So you guys have check marks appearing now? Mine still shows blank boxes which wasn’t there yesterday
D
deleted1061754
No check marks. I still have the blank box. The box was filled with the broken image for java/html (wasn’t CE sorry lol). Part of it is green which is what the confusion was.So you guys have check marks appearing now? Mine still shows blank boxes which wasn’t there yesterday
crazypremed1234
Full Member
does anyone know if applying to the MD/MPH program is relatively more competitive than just applying to the MD program? i know you have to be accepted to the MD program before you can apply to the MPH program, but there is a question on the secondary asking whether or not i am applying to the dual degree program. any thoughts?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Internationalphysician
Full Member
No. Regular decisionAre you early decision?
longhorn17
New Member
Anyone who has FAP, what was the "fee reduction" that Tulane gave you? It seems as though they don't waive the entire secondary fee, thanks!
Also are people doing a bullet point style list or paragraph style?Hello everyone, for the question, "list any leadership positions, in clubs or organizations, you may have held", are you going to repeat your primary application or do a mixture of positions (i.e. some listed on primary, some new ones too)?
Does anyone else think this question seems redundant? I'm half tempted to put "See primary application." 🙂
Anyone who has FAP, what was the "fee reduction" that Tulane gave you? It seems as though they don't waive the entire secondary fee, thanks!
$62.50 was what I had to pay
InfectiousDiseasesH&TM
Full Member
Also are people doing a bullet point style list or paragraph style?
Does anyone else think this question seems redundant? I'm half tempted to put "See primary application." 🙂
I put bullet-point for the leadership question, and I wrote paragraph-style for hobbies and interests. Personal preference though