2020-2021 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone received a post-submission complete email saying their application is under review?

Members don't see this ad.

Also curious about the COVID question, my application was not affected do the pandemic; i took my MCAT back in september. But other stuff like work has been. Should this be included or are they really only asking about application interference ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also curious about the COVID question, my application was not affected do the pandemic; i took my MCAT back in september. But other stuff like work has been. Should this be included or are they really only asking about application interference ?
I would include work stuff

Not yet, I submitted on 7/16 and got an email saying we will get another email when it is "complete and under review."
Same, complete with green checkmark but no complete email or status change yet. "in progress"...

Anyone willing and able to look over my Tulane secondary? I would greatly appreciate any feedback :) More than happy to swap

Is anyone still waiting on a secondary? I'm going nuts (OOS)

Reactions: 3 users
Same, OOS, verified pretty early, still waiting. To be honest though i dont mind too much, i'm behind on a lot of other schools so I'm happy to not have one extra to worry about right now lol

Reactions: 1 user

I wouldn't worry about it!

I was verified on 05/28 and just received a secondary this morning. Punctual submission of the secondaries is less important this cycle. Still get them in before September, but I think adcoms will be more accepting of later subs

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Same, OOS, verified pretty early, still waiting. To be honest though i dont mind too much, i'm behind on a lot of other schools so I'm happy to not have one extra to worry about right now lol

v real v real i'm suffering

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Was about to submit my secondary and keep getting an error page. It now won't let me sign in :( is this happening to anyone else rn

I navigated away from the secondary portal (closed the tab). Went back later to edit and got an error message that the page no longe existed. Anybody have any idea why I cannot access the portal any longer, or how I can access it once again?

OOS, secondary received this morning. There are bugs where I can't put more than 150 characters in it though and I am trying to have them fix it.

Does anyone's status state "Interview" at the bottom underneath "In Progress"? I don't recall this being there previously but there are not actions available in the portal and all of the "Application Status" icons have an image error indication (little landscape image). I may just be overly optimistic....

Does anyone's status state "Interview" at the bottom underneath "In Progress"? I don't recall this being there previously but there are not actions available in the portal and all of the "Application Status" icons have an image error indication (little landscape image). I may just be overly optimistic....

I haven’t submitted my app and I see that on my portal too. Not sure if it was there when I first logged in though

edit: here is a screenshot of what my portal looks like
DEDC41C3-F51F-48E2-BA8A-1E1744D5C11D.jpeg

Mine does. It definitely wasn't there before

Yep mine does now. It wasn't there before

Thanks for the quick response, y'all!

Should we expect a complete email? Been complete like 7/14

Looking at last years thread

they started marking secondaries complete close to two weeks after they started to come out. Interview invites started to come out very soon after that

If we assume a similar timeline with the given circumstances then I’d expect the first complete Emails and interview invites to start coming in at the end of this week or beginning of next week

Reactions: 1 users
anyone else still waiting for a secondary

+1 trying to contain my optimism

Do you know if this happens to everyone or just people they want to interview?

This definitely seems to be happening to everyone considering I see it and haven’t even submitted my secondary

Goddamn! Tulane is going to send out interview invites before I get a secondary and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.

Reactions: 3 users
So you guys have check marks appearing now? Mine still shows blank boxes which wasn’t there yesterday

So you guys have check marks appearing now? Mine still shows blank boxes which wasn’t there yesterday
No check marks. I still have the blank box. The box was filled with the broken image for java/html (wasn’t CE sorry lol). Part of it is green which is what the confusion was.

does anyone know if applying to the MD/MPH program is relatively more competitive than just applying to the MD program? i know you have to be accepted to the MD program before you can apply to the MPH program, but there is a question on the secondary asking whether or not i am applying to the dual degree program. any thoughts?

Anyone who has FAP, what was the "fee reduction" that Tulane gave you? It seems as though they don't waive the entire secondary fee, thanks!

Hello everyone, for the question, "list any leadership positions, in clubs or organizations, you may have held", are you going to repeat your primary application or do a mixture of positions (i.e. some listed on primary, some new ones too)?
Also are people doing a bullet point style list or paragraph style?

Does anyone else think this question seems redundant? I'm half tempted to put "See primary application." :)

Also are people doing a bullet point style list or paragraph style?

Does anyone else think this question seems redundant? I'm half tempted to put "See primary application." :)

I put bullet-point for the leadership question, and I wrote paragraph-style for hobbies and interests. Personal preference though