2020-2021 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still waiting lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received! Let's go!

Reactions: 1 user
My application was verified 6/3 and I still haven't received a secondary.... it seems like lots of people who got verified much later have already gotten them so idk if I should start feeling worried. I thought for sure I would get the first batch sent out :(

My application was verified 6/3 and I still haven't received a secondary.... it seems like lots of people who got verified much later have already gotten them so idk if I should start feeling worried. I thought for sure I would get the first batch sent out :(

I wouldn’t worry too much if I was you. They receive nearly 12,500 applications a year, and with the pandemic, their workflow is probably slower to send them out. Everyone receives one so I’m sure you will get one soon. The delay probably has nothing to do with your qualifications.

Secondary received this morning OOS. Submitted 7/16!

Have any been marked "Under Review"? My application is currently "in-progress" with Red X, but marked complete.

I was verified yesterday still no secondary but I guess the order of when you’re verified doesn’t seem to matter...

I emailed Tulane Admissions and they said they are receiving lots of applications, so trying to send out as fast as they can. They sent me the email at 9:03am and quite literally, I got my secondary at 9:05 am lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the secondary an hour ago so they might be sending out at multiple times throughout the day!

anyone know if they will start reviewing an app if they have the committee letter packet but not one individual letter?

Hi everyone, I submitted my secondary app already and my committee letter was received by Tulane (i submitted it through AMCAS and it shows received in the notes section of the application status portion of the portal) but the application status icon still comes out red as opposed to with the green checkmark for my letter of rec. Anyone have the same issue? Thank you and good luck to all those applying :)

Submitted my primary on 05/28 and still no secondary:(. Don't want to be neurotic but should I contact admissions?

Submitted my primary on 05/28 and still no secondary:(. Don't want to be neurotic but should I contact admissions?
i'm in the same boat as you, submitted 5/28, verified 6/4 -- i'm sure the secondary is coming.

Reactions: 3 users

n=1, but I contacted admissions on Wednesday this week to explain my concern as my colleagues were receiving apps to Tulane and I was not, so asking if they ran into some technical difficulties with my file. They replied this morning that they are receiving a lot of applications and will send me the secondary shortly. 5 minutes later, I got the secondary. For reference, I submitted my primary 5/28, verified 6/4, non-trad, ORM, international (Canadian) applicant.

secondary "In what ways did the COVID-19 pandemic alter/interrupt your medical school application?"

So I have an essay talking about how covid-19 impacted me that I wrote for other schools, but it didn't "alter/interrupt" my med school app. Do you guys think I should still include it in my Tulane app or no?

How are you guys interpretting this question? Like should I talk about how my research/volunteering time was cut short etc? Or is this more specific for people who had like MCAT problems?

How are you guys interpretting this question? Like should I talk about how my research/volunteering time was cut short etc? Or is this more specific for people who had like MCAT problems?

I talked about MCAT and also research and volunteer disruption.

Since I haven't received a secondary yet, did they get rid of this question: "What have you been pursuing since graduation? (150 words)"
Hey! It is still on there if you select that you‘be already graduated!

When it says to list leadership positions, hobbies, and non-academic interests are we actually supposed to just list them? Many of these have been described in detail elsewhere in my application, so I feel like it's a waste of my time and theirs to offer a description.

Thanks!

When it says to list leadership positions, hobbies, and non-academic interests are we actually supposed to just list them? Many of these have been described in detail elsewhere in my application, so I feel like it's a waste of my time and theirs to offer a description.

Thanks!

I just listed personally. They can see it all on AMCAS.

I took a bit of a different route. As a non trad, I listed activities that were related BUT NOT on my primary.

I took a bit of a different route. As a non trad, I listed activities that were related BUT NOT on my primary.

My leadership activities are all already on my primary. Not all of my hobbies are but I’m not sure what I’d even say about them so I guess I’ll just list them

Anyone complete yet? Still red check by in progress. Everything else green/in.

My 2 cents: That red check for "in progress" will only go green once you receive a complete email and saying that your file is now under review. I heard they do it manually as compared to other schools where you receive a complete email automatically. could be wrong though

n=1, but I contacted admissions on Wednesday this week to explain my concern as my colleagues were receiving apps to Tulane and I was not, so asking if they ran into some technical difficulties with my file. They replied this morning that they are receiving a lot of applications and will send me the secondary shortly. 5 minutes later, I got the secondary. For reference, I submitted my primary 5/28, verified 6/4, non-trad, ORM, international (Canadian) applicant.
Do you think contacting the admissions person was the reason you got the secondary 5 minutes later? I might go the same route on Monday.

Do you think contacting the admissions person was the reason you got the secondary 5 minutes later? I might go the same route on Monday.

To be honest, I don't know. Could be a coincidence. Given that I'm seeing others receive secondaries, I didn't want to leave anything up to chance, because I've heard horror stories of technical difficulties. So, I asked in a polite way.

For the COVID question: is it a bad idea to reuse the AACOMAS primary COVID answer? Would it be better to just leave the secondary blank? How are you writing this to avoid redundancy?

For the COVID question: is it a bad idea to reuse the AACOMAS primary COVID answer? Would it be better to just leave the secondary blank? How are you writing this to avoid redundancy?
One school doesn't get to see another school's secondary essays, and AMCAS doesn't get to read AACOMAS apps.
If you have already written an essay that is applicable, you are free to re-use it, just be sure the word count is correct and that you don't mention one school in another's application

Last edited:
Has anyone without an MCAT score received a secondary? Wondering if that's how they're sending them out?

For the COVID essay, are you guy strictly putting how it affected your application or are you also adding what you learned from the experience?

Anyone from OOS and still not recieved secondary?

Reactions: 5 users
Still no secondary verified far before 7/10