-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Tulane
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
plagnuber8
New Member
Anyone on here interviewed 1/28 and waiting? Saw someone who interviewed on that date got accepted already and was just wondering if there are any others out there waiting!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seeing a lot of questions about interview decisions, I'm re-posting previous replies without combing 53 pages (which is arguably a lot of pages).
1. While their website during pre-COVID times mentions 3-5 weeks to have a decision, the average this year is between 4 to 12-weeks. The personal anecdote is 4-weeks.
2. The review process is not chronological. To quote TUSOM's admissions' policies, "The Admissions Review Committee (ARC) receives a random assignment of 10-12 applications per week of the admissions cycle". So, depending on when your application is reviewed, your decision may or may not come out in the near future.
Again, I don't want sound "matter of fact" to stir everyone given that this is a stressful, long and arduous process. I hope this post can alleviate some nerves, or at the very least, shed some light on a very confusing process 🙂
1. While their website during pre-COVID times mentions 3-5 weeks to have a decision, the average this year is between 4 to 12-weeks. The personal anecdote is 4-weeks.
2. The review process is not chronological. To quote TUSOM's admissions' policies, "The Admissions Review Committee (ARC) receives a random assignment of 10-12 applications per week of the admissions cycle". So, depending on when your application is reviewed, your decision may or may not come out in the near future.
Again, I don't want sound "matter of fact" to stir everyone given that this is a stressful, long and arduous process. I hope this post can alleviate some nerves, or at the very least, shed some light on a very confusing process 🙂
burntoutbeelise
New Member
pre-II R today (finally) under review on 2/15
not too surprised because the email said there were 13,000 applicants for 190 spots
not too surprised because the email said there were 13,000 applicants for 190 spots
Never received under review email, but just received a hold 😳 kinda confused but here we go! Completed early sep
+1 Same! Really confused how I got put on hold when my app never went under reviewNever received under review email, but just received a hold 😳 kinda confused but here we go! Completed early sep
+1pre-II R today (finally) under review on 2/15
not too surprised because the email said there were 13,000 applicants for 190 spots
mandalorianpremed
Full Member
I think someone posted before that they know of someone who got an R this cycle but I think it happens pretty infrequentlyDoes everyone get either waitlisted or accepted? Are there any Post-II Rs?
confidence_is_key_
Full Member
I just got an "under review" email. I'll stay hopeful even though it's not looking too good right now lol
mandalorianpremed
Full Member
Literally same, I really thought we would hear back next week and then I got so scared when I didn't but it is a relief that others havent heard back too, but fingers crossed we will. Especially those who have been waiting months!Hopefully this is our week for some acceptances!! Fingers crossed for everyone (especially those waiting from November 😢 ) I interviewed Feb. 4 and am losing my mind
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lurkerlongtime
New Member
Accepted!! Interviewed 1/7!! don't lose hope, people!!
Congrats!! That's amazing! You say that but the light at the end of the tunnel appears to be getting dimmer. Still radio silence after my interview in November :/Accepted!! Interviewed 1/7!! don't lose hope, people!!
Are there interviews still being offered for this school? I got the exact same email todayI just got an "under review" email. I'll stay hopeful even though it's not looking too good right now lol
Alright guys and gals and non-binary pals on hold for interview, last interview is March 11th so I’m gone ahead and eat my L for the incoming “there are many exceptional applicants, but we regret to inform you that we ****ed you”.
RIP.
RIP.
Alright guys and gals and non-binary pals on hold for interview, last interview is March 11th so I’m gone ahead and eat my L for the incoming “there are many exceptional applicants, but we regret to inform you that we ****ed you”.
RIP.
Same.
My application literally went to 'under review' this morning and my hopes aren't too high that it will pan out to much of anything.
Last edited:
"We are still inviting applicants for interviews as we have a couple more interview days in the applications season. The committee is meeting this week to finalize the last interview decisions. You should receive notification this week. We wish you well and hope you have a good rest of your day.
TUSOM Admissions Team"
TUSOM Admissions Team"
When was this?"We are still inviting applicants for interviews as we have a couple more interview days in the applications season. The committee is meeting this week to finalize the last interview decisions. You should receive notification this week. We wish you well and hope you have a good rest of your day.
TUSOM Admissions Team"
I got that email this morning, as well. A friend of mine who also applied, received the same email today as well.When was this?
today.When was this?
firstgenhopeful
Full Member
Pre-II R this morning- LM 65, OOS, under review 2/18.
Hmmm. Under review or hold for possible interview? This seemingly didn’t go to all of us so y’all might be in luck.I got that email this morning, as well. A friend of mine who also applied, received the same email today as well.
yeah i was only put under review this morning and didn't get that so it seems like it might be a good thing if you did!Hmmm. Under review or hold for possible interview? This seemingly didn’t go to all of us so y’all might be in luck.
I am in hold for possible interview and did not get this email. Maybe they emailed admissions with a question and this was their response? Hard to believe this would’ve been a mass email sent out to everyone right?Hmmm. Under review or hold for possible interview? This seemingly didn’t go to all of us so y’all might be in luck.
Yes, I emailed admissions and that was their response. Sorry for any confusion.I am in hold for possible interview and did not get this email. Maybe they emailed admissions with a question and this was their response? Hard to believe this would’ve been a mass email sent out to everyone right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Received pre-II R just now, was on hold since July so definitely saw it coming! Good luck to everyone else!
Me as well. Saw it coming as well as the "on-hold status". GL to everyone elseReceived pre-II R just now, was on hold since July so definitely saw it coming! Good luck to everyone else!
+ 3 pre-II R. Was on hold in August so figured.
Good Luck to everyone else 🙂
Good Luck to everyone else 🙂
saw someone earlier in the thread manage it!Anyone from on hold get an interview?
Yes i did. My hold was in November i thinkAnyone from on hold get an interview?
Got the R. Today is their last interview for regular applicants and tomorrow they’re completely done. Here comes the train pals 🙁.
Hello_There_117
Full Member
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait how do we know that today is the last day of interviews?
The R email mentioned about the last day of interview ???Got the R. Today is their last interview for regular applicants and tomorrow they’re completely done. Here comes the train pals 🙁.