2020-2021 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh looks like they’re making their way through Sept then

have Rs gone out for Sept yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't really get how UCSF sends interviews because it seems to be going chronologically. If you haven't been rejected yet (submitted early august), what does that mean? Is it likely you will get an invite or rejection soon? this school be breaking my heart

Reactions: 1 users
I don't really get how UCSF sends interviews because it seems to be going chronologically. If you haven't been rejected yet (submitted early august), what does that mean? Is it likely you will get an invite or rejection soon? this school be breaking my heart
My theory is that they send the ii first and then the rejections. So I feel like their caught up till September in ii and the next R wave is going to be coming

I was also complete early sept and haven’t heard back

heart also breaking

Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II rejection just now. IS, WARS ~81, LM 70. Complete September. Stings a bit but so it goes.

Good luck to everyone else and peace out!

• Care
pre-II R- OOS, ORM, LM 75, complete 9/16; good luck homies :)

• Care
Really random, but I just received a secondary invite from here.. Yes, that's right, a SECONDARY. LOL I'd already forgotten about them and thought I was done with secondaries. Sigh. Do you all think it'd be worth it to submit the secondary, or is it pretty much too late at this point?

Reactions: 2 users
Really random, but I just received a secondary invite from here.. Yes, that's right, a SECONDARY. LOL I'd already forgotten about them and thought I was done with secondaries. Sigh. Do you all think it'd be worth it to submit the secondary, or is it pretty much too late at this point?
Also received a secondary invite tonight lol... submitted primary in early Aug

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say do it if $ allows, I got a late secondary from another school which ended up turning into an II! Ya never know!

Thank you for the solid advice! Time to do some more writing. ;)

Also received a secondary invite tonight lol... submitted primary in early Aug
Just got a Secondary! Turned in primary October 15!

Are you both IS or OOS? I'm OOS. Wondering if maybe that's why it took so long?

Secondary! I also forgot about them and assumed it was an R at first lol I'm IS, LM 68 and submitted like the first week of September

Just got a secondary as well, seems kinda fishy... not sure if I want to spend 80$ this late in the cycle.

For those that have already interviewed, do they usually send a day overview a couple days before?

Does anyone know what percent of total UCSF applicants receive a secondary? Sorry if this was asked earlier in the thread, I can't find it ! Thanks so much.

for people just now receiving secondaries - are you submitting ? I know it's late in the cycle and I have a secondary I never did from a program that extended its deadline to february so trying to hear thoughts and see if a december completion is worth it?

for people just now receiving secondaries - are you submitting ? I know it's late in the cycle and I have a secondary I never did from a program that extended its deadline to february so trying to hear thoughts and see if a december completion is worth it?
my motto -> let THEM say "No" to YOU

in other words, if you have the opportunity to submit a secondary, shoot your shot :)

my motto -> let THEM say "No" to YOU

in other words, if you have the opportunity to submit a secondary, shoot your shot :)
I have really bad hand eye coordination so my aim isnt that good but thanks for the input! just heard a lot of talk about submitting secondaries this late being pointless unless your app is perfect and extended deadlines only being money grabs

• Haha
Is anyone still waiting for a secondary? LOL i submitted like mid august and i'm sure its an R by now but just wanted to see if anyone is in the same boat :)
I really have no idea how this process works. I had no business applying here but ended up getting a secondary somehow. I haven't been rejected yet but wondering if that R will be coming soon.

I also don't think I should've applied as an OOS, ORM, LM 70 applicant, but I also received a secondary, complete 9/18, and haven't received the Pre-II R yet.

I did applied too in 3rd week of October , more late than you guys . OOS ORM LM 82 haven't received the Pre-II R yet . Without MCAT score consideration is it worth applying as OOS ???

Pre-II R. LM low 70s, OOS, ORM, secondary received+submitted early Sept. Good luck to all!

• Care
Pre-II R. Submitted secondary 9/12. Welp.

• Care
Pre-secondary rejection right now. Submitted primary back in July! So definitely seems like those secondaries that went out yesterday and today are from heavy screening, so to those who got one, shoot your shot (if finances allow)! As for me, I’m bowing out. Good luck everyone!

Ahh, anyone else complete mid-August with no word either way?
Mid-September complete and no word yet. I just want to know, even if it is an R. I just don't get how people with much better stats than me are getting Rs and I'm supposedly still in the running.

Mid-September complete and no word yet. I just want to know, even if it is an R. I just don't get how people with much better stats than me are getting Rs and I'm supposedly still in the running.
They're mcat blind pre interview so stats don't matter as much.

Totally forgot about that. But GPA blind also?
Tbh I don’t really believe they’re mcat blind. If we have a mcat and aren’t planning to retake and they’re going to look at the mcat after interview why would they not look now?

Reactions: 3 users
Tbh I don’t really believe they’re mcat blind. If we have a mcat and aren’t planning to retake and they’re going to look at the mcat after interview why would they not look now?

Initially, I think the school tried to establish a fair ground for people whose mcat was delayed due to COVID-19. This means applicants are still expected to have a score ready at some point during this application cycle. I took mcat million years ago and am not fully aware of what happened amid the COVID-19 but is there anyone who still doesn't take MCAT? Regardless of the current special situation (aka pandemic), UCSF is known for doing a holistic review and has a mean & median MCAT score significantly lower than other schools in the same tier.

Is it true that ucsf doesn't place much weight on interviews? If that's true, What do you think stands out in those who receive offers vs rejections?

Reactions: 3 users