You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 UNC - Chapel Hill
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
purple_jpg
Full Member
Is their website down or is that just me lol
Sounds like this process is going swimmingly.Is their website down or is that just me lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just received my first II now as well!!! Stoked!!!
Awesome Congrats!!! May I ask, when were you complete? Best of luck!
Thank you!! I don’t think I ever received a complete email but I submitted my secondary 08/13Awesome Congrats!!! May I ask, when were you complete? Best of luck!
And I was complete 08/12.Awesome Congrats!!! May I ask, when were you complete? Best of luck!
Soarin'154
Full Member
I also just got my first II! I'm absolutely elated. 509 MCAT, 3.88 GPA, IS. I submitted my secondary on 08/11
I also just got my first II! I'm absolutely elated. 509 MCAT, 3.88 GPA, IS. I submitted my secondary on 08/11
WOW Congrats to you all!!! Thank you 🙂
purple_jpg
Full Member
I interviewed here today and just gotta say the people and program are awesome!! The interviews were low stress and my one on one interviewer really knew my application which led to great conversation. Good luck to all those with/awaiting II’s
futuredoc4634
Full Member
I interviewed here yesterday and it was pretty chill, and my interviewer knew my application well and basically just asked how I got inspired to pursue my activities.
What was the group interview like?I interviewed here yesterday and it was pretty chill, and my interviewer knew my application well and basically just asked how I got inspired to pursue my activities.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What was the group interview like?
It was very low-stress! Can't say much about it, but there aren't any tricks they're trying to pull or ways to really prepare for it.
I assume it was just an ethical discussion concerning a medical case? That was what my interview for another school was like.It was very low-stress! Can't say much about it, but there aren't any tricks they're trying to pull or ways to really prepare for it.
Unpopular opinion: thank yous do nothing and are just extra email clutter.For those that also interviewed. Can anyone PM me an email address for admissions faculty if you were able to find them. I just want to send a follow up thank you.
I’m sure you’re 99.9% correct but if I’m the gambling type I’m gonna take the 0.01% chance it helps to get into dream schoolUnpopular opinion: thank yous do nothing and are just extra email clutter.
Fair enough. It's just an extra stressor for me that I have chosen to eschew in favor of being slightly less neurotic.I’m sure you’re 99.9% correct but if I’m the gambling type I’m gonna take the 0.01% chance it helps to get into dream school
purple_jpg
Full Member
I think the email regarding next steps will come with an acceptance, at least that's how it seemed to me.For those that interviewed yesterday, did you get an email about logistics going forward? I recall Ms. Reid mentioning the email during the last 5 min closing, but haven't received anything other than the feedback form.
regina-phalange
Full Member
How long was each interview?
About 45 minutes for individual and same for groupHow long was each interview?
For those who interviewed, were your one-on-ones with faculty?
purple_jpg
Full Member
Yes!For those who interviewed, were your one-on-ones with faculty?
Solid tip, thanks!Yikes I just noticed there's an interview confidentiality signature required on my portal that I didn't see before my interview...so heads up for others who may not have seen/signed that yet either!
Is anyone else interviewing tomorrow and still missing their schedule on Attendify? Based on this thread, I'm assuming it doesn't show up until the day of the interview
For those who interviewed, did the faculty member who interviewed who watch your VITA video prior to meeting with you and was is something you guys discussed. No worries if you are not able to answer/disclose information in regards to this question.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
regina-phalange
Full Member
did they ever say when decisions would be released?
SoccerKeeper00
Full Member
Not really, just that the earliest possible was October 15th. They didn't make any kind of commitment to that date though. Loldid they ever say when decisions would be released?
For those lucky ones who got an interview how long after your secondaries did you’ll get the notification for it?
About a month.For those lucky ones who got an interview how long after your secondaries did you’ll get the notification for it?
D
deleted899789
Does anyone know how far out they're scheduling interviews? Thanks!
When I signed up about a week and a half ago, the latest date I saw was the end of October. But I didn't click over to November. There may have been options for that.Does anyone know how far out they're scheduling interviews? Thanks!
Anyone who's interviewed, the group and the one-on-one interview both lasted for an hour correct?
Anyone who's interviewed, the group and the one-on-one interview both lasted for an hour correct?
Yep
strawberryflower
Full Member
i go to unc for undergrad and know people who have gotten in on oct 15 in previous yearsNot really, just that the earliest possible was October 15th. They didn't make any kind of commitment to that date though. Lol
Same, but UNC started interviews later this cycle because of COVID.i go to unc for undergrad and know people who have gotten in on oct 15 in previous years
futuredoc4634
Full Member
Nope, just an anonymous survey later the day I interviewedJust double checking, people who interviewed didn't get some sort of post-interview info email, right?
SoccerKeeper00
Full Member
I hope that's the case this year as well, even with COVID slowdowns. I'm pretty sure last week was the first week of interviews, so we'll see.i go to unc for undergrad and know people who have gotten in on oct 15 in previous years
purple_jpg
Full Member
I was on the first interview day and they said that the plan was to begin sending out acceptances within the first couple weeks of Oct 15, if not on Oct 15!I hope that's the case this year as well, even with COVID slowdowns. I'm pretty sure last week was the first week of interviews, so we'll see.
SoccerKeeper00
Full Member
Fingers crossed that we all get in soon and can take a breath or two. LolI was on the first interview day and they said that the plan was to begin sending out acceptances within the first couple weeks of Oct 15, if not on Oct 15!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Big upvote on thatFingers crossed that we all get in soon and can take a breath or two. Lol
Ahhh I really want to go here, I submit during the first week on August but haven’t heard back... I’m also an IS reapplicant, are my chances slim now or is there still possibilities to get an interview later on?
Complete 7/24 and a NC resident, haven't heard anything yet