2020-2021 UNC - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was worried about this as well. I cannot see my schedule on attendify. thanks for updates!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hallelujah! II just now. LM 75.4; WARS 83. IS. Would greatly appreciate any info from people who already had their interviews about how it goes.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Just received my first II!!

edit: submitted secondary 8/9

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just received my first II now as well!!! Stoked!!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Awesome Congrats!!! May I ask, when were you complete? Best of luck!
Thank you!! I don’t think I ever received a complete email but I submitted my secondary 08/13

I also just got my first II! I'm absolutely elated. 509 MCAT, 3.88 GPA, IS. I submitted my secondary on 08/11

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed here today and just gotta say the people and program are awesome!! The interviews were low stress and my one on one interviewer really knew my application which led to great conversation. Good luck to all those with/awaiting II’s

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I interviewed here yesterday and it was pretty chill, and my interviewer knew my application well and basically just asked how I got inspired to pursue my activities.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed here yesterday and it was pretty chill, and my interviewer knew my application well and basically just asked how I got inspired to pursue my activities.
What was the group interview like?

For those that interviewed yesterday, did you get an email about logistics going forward? I recall Ms. Reid mentioning the email during the last 5 min closing, but haven't received anything other than the feedback form.

What was the group interview like?

It was very low-stress! Can't say much about it, but there aren't any tricks they're trying to pull or ways to really prepare for it.

It was very low-stress! Can't say much about it, but there aren't any tricks they're trying to pull or ways to really prepare for it.
I assume it was just an ethical discussion concerning a medical case? That was what my interview for another school was like.

For those that also interviewed. Can anyone PM me an email address for admissions faculty if you were able to find them. I just want to send a follow up thank you.

For those that also interviewed. Can anyone PM me an email address for admissions faculty if you were able to find them. I just want to send a follow up thank you.
Unpopular opinion: thank yous do nothing and are just extra email clutter.

Unpopular opinion: thank yous do nothing and are just extra email clutter.
I’m sure you’re 99.9% correct but if I’m the gambling type I’m gonna take the 0.01% chance it helps to get into dream school

I’m sure you’re 99.9% correct but if I’m the gambling type I’m gonna take the 0.01% chance it helps to get into dream school
Fair enough. It's just an extra stressor for me that I have chosen to eschew in favor of being slightly less neurotic.

For those that interviewed yesterday, did you get an email about logistics going forward? I recall Ms. Reid mentioning the email during the last 5 min closing, but haven't received anything other than the feedback form.
I think the email regarding next steps will come with an acceptance, at least that's how it seemed to me.

Yikes I just noticed there's an interview confidentiality signature required on my portal that I didn't see before my interview...so heads up for others who may not have seen/signed that yet either!

Yikes I just noticed there's an interview confidentiality signature required on my portal that I didn't see before my interview...so heads up for others who may not have seen/signed that yet either!
Solid tip, thanks!

Is anyone else interviewing tomorrow and still missing their schedule on Attendify? Based on this thread, I'm assuming it doesn't show up until the day of the interview

For those who interviewed, did the faculty member who interviewed who watch your VITA video prior to meeting with you and was is something you guys discussed. No worries if you are not able to answer/disclose information in regards to this question.

For those lucky ones who got an interview how long after your secondaries did you’ll get the notification for it?

Does anyone know how far out they're scheduling interviews? Thanks!

Does anyone know how far out they're scheduling interviews? Thanks!
When I signed up about a week and a half ago, the latest date I saw was the end of October. But I didn't click over to November. There may have been options for that.

Anyone who's interviewed, the group and the one-on-one interview both lasted for an hour correct?

Just double checking, people who interviewed didn't get some sort of post-interview info email, right?

i go to unc for undergrad and know people who have gotten in on oct 15 in previous years
I hope that's the case this year as well, even with COVID slowdowns. I'm pretty sure last week was the first week of interviews, so we'll see.

I hope that's the case this year as well, even with COVID slowdowns. I'm pretty sure last week was the first week of interviews, so we'll see.
I was on the first interview day and they said that the plan was to begin sending out acceptances within the first couple weeks of Oct 15, if not on Oct 15!

I was on the first interview day and they said that the plan was to begin sending out acceptances within the first couple weeks of Oct 15, if not on Oct 15!
Fingers crossed that we all get in soon and can take a breath or two. Lol

Any IIs here recently from OOS? I was complete early Aug but it’s been quiet.

Ahhh I really want to go here, I submit during the first week on August but haven’t heard back... I’m also an IS reapplicant, are my chances slim now or is there still possibilities to get an interview later on?

Complete 7/24 and a NC resident, haven't heard anything yet

Hey guys I have an interview tomorrow, was it just one on one interviews?