2020-2021 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any idea up to what interview dates the committee will be reviewing?
Does anybody know up until what day they've reviewed/announced so far? And is the review strictly chronological, such that if one isn't offered an A and the committee has already made a decision about others who interviewed on the same day, it's a likely W/R?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wasn't there another round of As last week? Would this imply that they also met last week?

Wasn't there another round of As last week? Would this imply that they also met last week?
Yes There were A’s last week as well. They meet on Thursday’s and it seems they met the last 2 Thursday’s.
All interview dates are on the table with no apparent correlation between interview date and review date. Someone got accepted 2 weeks after their interview, some people several months after.

Reactions: 2 users
What are post-II R, WL, and A rates like?
Not sure about WL rates, but acceptances are in DataKing’s signature at the top of this thread. Pretty low for WashU, but honestly similar to many of the other top schools. From what I gather, they interview many, many more students than spots so that they can curate exactly the type of class they want.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have advice on thank you notes? I’m a bit on the fence because I made it a point in my interview to carve out a few seconds at the end to thank them for interviewing me and considering my application, hence don’t want to sound tooo kiss-ass-y. Also, only one of my interviewers gave me her email and it would be weird to only send one thank you note. Thoughts?

Any accepted students got news about merit aid?

• Hmm
Nope. But I'm hoping for it every day lol.

Are you sure? Last year there were so many decisions made in Feb...
oh damn, I thought a wave of feb acceptances were already sent out. Do you think it's possible that someone who interviewed in feb will hear back this month...?

Are medical schools able to see where an applicant has been accepted once the Choose Your Medical School Tool is available on the 19th, or does that not occur until a later traffic day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are medical schools able to see where an applicant has been accepted once the Choose Your Medical School Tool is available on the 19th, or does that not occur until a later traffic day?
They don't know where you even matriculate until October. They only see aggregate numbers of how many of their accepted applicants PTE WashU versus another institution versus no selection yet.

Still waiting for any IIs but at this point it seems like its over.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
What happens at Meet the M1s? Is it just a time for us to ask questions? Should I try to attend more than one of these sessions?

Any accepted students got news about merit aid?

i received a call from dean ratts, and my app portal updated with a formal letter a week later. still pretty unbelievable.

• Love
oh damn, I thought a wave of feb acceptances were already sent out. Do you think it's possible that someone who interviewed in feb will hear back this month...?
I'm pretty sure they increased the frequency of their meetings in Feb last year if you look at last year's thread. And kept that frequency until mid-march when they then started sending out more post-II R's.

Edit: I.e. they met multiple times in Feb.

Edit 2: and to actually answer your question, I think so! Someone who interviewed in January got their decision a couple weeks later :)

Last edited:
  • Care
Just curious, but have any December MD interviewees heard back recently?

Reactions: 1 users
What happens at Meet the M1s? Is it just a time for us to ask questions? Should I try to attend more than one of these sessions?

It's a time for you to ask questions and get honest answers and meet some of the current students and people who might be in your class. Bonus, you get to see me in person (virtually) on some of them. As for more than one, that's your call. Some folks do a bunch, others do none!

Got the call for the full tuition scholarship a few minutes ago :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 32 users
That is amazing!!! Massive congratulations are in order, again!! 😊😊😊😊😊

Did they really call you at ~8:30pm CST?? Like SHEESH— is truly no time of day safe? 😂❤️🤞

• Love
  • Haha
Congrats! Had you previously been accepted in a different call, or did they accept and offer the scholarship at the same time?

That is amazing!!! Massive congratulations are in order, again!! 😊😊😊😊😊

Did they really call you at ~8:30pm CST?? Like SHEESH— is truly no time of day safe? 😂❤️🤞
Thanks so so much ☺️☺️☺️! I was def was not expecting the call this late but I saw the MO area code and was like hmmmmmm

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
This thread's eerie silence drives right to the core of my post-II anxiety. Commiserate with me!

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Do they release decisions on Thursdays?
Kinda? It seems like they meet every couple of weeks or so on Thursday (though I think there have been back-to-back weeks) and then you may get a call that day or the following days.

• Wow
It looks like the last A wave was on Feb 5? I feel like we’ll get calls prolly tomorrow....

Just got the call!!! Accepted!! Gaahh so excited!!!

• Love
Reactions: 32 users
it seems like a ton of calls have went out already, are we sure this year isn't different and most are still happening in march....

it seems like a ton of calls have went out already, are we sure this year isn't different and most are still happening in march....
Not that many calls have gone out imo compared to schools that have distinct waves of calls. I really think the most in March thing is still a thing