You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Wisconsin
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I have questions for people who recently got accepted:
1) The portal keeps saying that there’s an error when I tried to download the Acknowledgement of Acceptance. Is anyone else experiencing this?
2) It seems like the letter is the same as the one in the “Offer Response” tab. If so, signing this acceptance acknowledgment letter DOES NOT indicate that you’re going to commit to enroll, correct? I just want to TRIPLE check with you guys. Lol
3) If I don’t see any scholarship offered along with my acceptance offer, is it safe to assume that I haven’t been offered any?
1) The portal keeps saying that there’s an error when I tried to download the Acknowledgement of Acceptance. Is anyone else experiencing this?
2) It seems like the letter is the same as the one in the “Offer Response” tab. If so, signing this acceptance acknowledgment letter DOES NOT indicate that you’re going to commit to enroll, correct? I just want to TRIPLE check with you guys. Lol
3) If I don’t see any scholarship offered along with my acceptance offer, is it safe to assume that I haven’t been offered any?
smc253
Full Member
Yes, yes, & yes haha. I asked all 3 of these questions to the admin team because I was also confused. About the scholarships, they said they usually offer at the time of admission but they also send a small number out later.Hi everyone, I have questions for people who recently got accepted:
1) The portal keeps saying that there’s an error when I tried to download the Acknowledgement of Acceptance. Is anyone else experiencing this?
2) It seems like the letter is the same as the one in the “Offer Response” tab. If so, signing this acceptance acknowledgment letter DOES NOT indicate that you’re going to commit to enroll, correct? I just want to TRIPLE check with you guys. Lol
3) If I don’t see any scholarship offered along with my acceptance offer, is it safe to assume that I haven’t been offered any?
#3) 🙁. I'm happy that I got an acceptance, but still haha. and thank you! and CONGRATS to youYes, yes, & yes haha. I asked all 3 of these questions to the admin team because I was also confused. About the scholarships, they said they usually offer at the time of admission but they also send a small number out later.
I interviewed 11/11 and haven't heard anything.Anyone else who interviewed on 11/11 not hear back yet?
Do you know why we haven’t heard anything back yet? UW admissions Twitter page made it sound like they had reviewed and released the decisions for November interviews and even some of early December interviews. Their tweets have me really worried.I interviewed 11/11 and haven't heard anything.
I believe the portal says wait 8 weeks until you contact them about decision status. Given that you November interviewees are past the 8 week mark, I'd recommend contacting them to ask for a status update.Do you know why we haven’t heard anything back yet? UW admissions Twitter page made it sound like they had reviewed and released the decisions for November interviews and even some of early December interviews. Their tweets have me really worried.
Interviewed 11/11 also and just got the waitlist email too 🙁Waitlisted. Just got the email. Interviewed 11/11-11/13. Heartbroken as this was my top choice. LM 78 IS ORM.
It will probably get posted tomorrow for you. Mine was posted the Monday before my interview week.For anybody interviewing next week (1/25-1/27), have you guys had the interview section uploaded onto your portal? I have not and thus have not received specific times that my interview is scheduled for. Should I email the school?
futurephysician74!
Full Member
Same situation. It hasn’t been uploaded yet .I interview next week (1/27-1/29) and still do not have the interview section uploaded. Really need to request off work next week. Should I email or are other people having this problem as well?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same thing here.Same situation. It hasn’t been uploaded yet .
futurephysician74!
Full Member
Finally, it’s up!Same thing here.
Mine has not shown up unless I cannot find where it is, is it in a different area or is it easily noticeable on the portal?Finally, it’s up!
Mine has not shown up unless I cannot find where it is, is it in a different area or is it easily noticeable on the portal?
It is very apparent on the portal, just on the menu on the left of the home screen of the secondary app. Mine was up this morning.
Last edited:
MehtaKnight01
New Member
Hi, does anyone know how UWM feels about letters of intent? Just had my interview a week ago.
Letters of intent are almost always reserved for those on the waitlist. Additionally, apart from interview thank you notes, I haven't heard of UW accepting any application materials after submission of your secondary. You could try writing/calling the admissions office to get a direct answer but my inclination is that they likely wont be receptive to pre-decision materials.Hi, does anyone know how UWM feels about letters of intent? Just had my interview a week ago.
Go PackI believe they do not accept updates, or letters of interest or intent
I guess I should call the school tomorrow and figure out why my portal isn’t updated.It is very apparent on the portal, just on the menu on the left of the home screen of the secondary app. Mine was up this morning.
fullofbeanz
Full Member
Just got an II! IS, complete 8/16 (first day possible for IS), LM 77.5
Just got an II! IS, complete 8/16 (first day possible for IS), LM 77.5
curious as to when the latest scheduled option was for you? Late Feb, Early March?
fullofbeanz
Full Member
Mine is scheduled for Feb. 24-26curious as to when the latest scheduled option was for you? Late Feb, Early March?
futurephysician74!
Full Member
I did mine today. I don’t even remember what I said 😭Anyone else do their vita and feel that it was super cringe 😭😭
Me too 😩😩😩😩 glad to know someone is in the same boat. Really hope they’re not weighing it a lot. The thought of adcoms watching and rewatching it is haunting meI did mine today. I don’t even remember what I said 😭
fullofbeanz
Full Member
I feel like mine was terrible. It was all a blur. I completed it in early October for a school that only uses VITA...and considering that the school rejected me I think it’s safe to say that mine isn’t stellar 😅 But hopefully they don’t weigh it too heavily here!Anyone else do their vita and feel that it was super cringe 😭😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SotaMedical
Full Member
Anyone who interviewed in December hear back yet?
Not yet. Interviewed 12/4. The UWisc Admissions twitter said they weren't able to review most of the December applicants before the release on Jan 8 but they would have another release "in a couple weeks". My 8 week mark is coming up this Friday, so hoping that the release is this week. Waiting is the hardest part 🙂Anyone who interviewed in December hear back yet?
penguinspenguins
Full Member
anyone on here get updated on scholarships? I thought they said throughout the app process they would start giving them out to accepted applicants?
People either receive scholarships upon admission, or later on as they become available as far as I understand. I also believe it is mostly merit-based aid that is available.anyone on here get updated on scholarships? I thought they said throughout the app process they would start giving them out to accepted applicants?
SotaMedical
Full Member
I believe this was sent the weekend before/Monday the week of (my interview was on a Thursday). You should be able to check the online application portal and click on the interview tab and it will be listed there.Does anyone know how far in advance the admissions office sends out our exact interview date and time? I am in the interview group next week and haven’t heard about what day I have been assigned.
SotaMedical
Full Member
Anyone have any idea when the next round of decisions on post interview applicants will come out?
The last release was on 1/8 for those that interviewed 11/11-11/20 (exactly 8 weeks after the 11/11 date). Tomorrow will be exactly 8 weeks after the 12/4 interviews, so I'm guessing they'll do another release tomorrow. Who knows which interview dates will be included or if it'll actually be tomorrow, but here's hoping! I've been checking the UWisc Med Admissions twitter/FB page obsessively.Anyone have any idea when the next round of decisions on post interview applicants will come out?
Edit: wording
SotaMedical
Full Member
Anyone receive word if they are sending out decisions today?
Edit: just saw on uwisc med admissions twitter they hope to release Monday. Good luck everyone!!
Edit: just saw on uwisc med admissions twitter they hope to release Monday. Good luck everyone!!
Last edited:
accepted yesterday (1/29) via phone call! Interviewed 12/4. IS 🙂
This is the UW thread, different school than MCWDo you think the interview questions posted on SDN for the Medical College of Wisconsin were helpful for those interviewed already? Thanks
Oops sorry. Thanks for letting me know.This is the UW thread, different school than MCW
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, that is also what they told us last week when I interviewed.I had a wonderful time interviewing this week for this school.. from what I read, I should be waiting about 8 weeks before a post-II decision correct?
SotaMedical
Full Member
Fingers crossed for everyone waiting to hear back today 🤞🤞 good luck y'all!!
I got a phone call last week and got an email this morning!For those of you accepted last week via phone call, has your online portal changed at all or did you receive anything in writing yet?
Did you receive a follow up email about your scholarship?Okay. I received my scholarship offer in my call from the school and older threads say that when they received it later, they were contacted suddenly
Similar threads
- Replies
- 722
- Views
- 237K