2020-2021 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Looks like we won’t be hearing anything for a while.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• B30227C7-799B-43CA-A90E-2AC621FF9FBB.jpeg
    B30227C7-799B-43CA-A90E-2AC621FF9FBB.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 140
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else who interviewed on 11/11 not hear back yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I have questions for people who recently got accepted:
1) The portal keeps saying that there’s an error when I tried to download the Acknowledgement of Acceptance. Is anyone else experiencing this?

2) It seems like the letter is the same as the one in the “Offer Response” tab. If so, signing this acceptance acknowledgment letter DOES NOT indicate that you’re going to commit to enroll, correct? I just want to TRIPLE check with you guys. Lol

3) If I don’t see any scholarship offered along with my acceptance offer, is it safe to assume that I haven’t been offered any?

Hi everyone, I have questions for people who recently got accepted:
1) The portal keeps saying that there’s an error when I tried to download the Acknowledgement of Acceptance. Is anyone else experiencing this?

2) It seems like the letter is the same as the one in the “Offer Response” tab. If so, signing this acceptance acknowledgment letter DOES NOT indicate that you’re going to commit to enroll, correct? I just want to TRIPLE check with you guys. Lol

3) If I don’t see any scholarship offered along with my acceptance offer, is it safe to assume that I haven’t been offered any?
Yes, yes, & yes haha. I asked all 3 of these questions to the admin team because I was also confused. About the scholarships, they said they usually offer at the time of admission but they also send a small number out later.

Yes, yes, & yes haha. I asked all 3 of these questions to the admin team because I was also confused. About the scholarships, they said they usually offer at the time of admission but they also send a small number out later.
#3) :(. I'm happy that I got an acceptance, but still haha. and thank you! and CONGRATS to you

I interviewed 11/11 and haven't heard anything.
Do you know why we haven’t heard anything back yet? UW admissions Twitter page made it sound like they had reviewed and released the decisions for November interviews and even some of early December interviews. Their tweets have me really worried.

Do you know why we haven’t heard anything back yet? UW admissions Twitter page made it sound like they had reviewed and released the decisions for November interviews and even some of early December interviews. Their tweets have me really worried.
I believe the portal says wait 8 weeks until you contact them about decision status. Given that you November interviewees are past the 8 week mark, I'd recommend contacting them to ask for a status update.

Waitlisted. Just got the email. Interviewed 11/11-11/13. Heartbroken as this was my top choice. LM 78 IS ORM.

• Care
Waitlisted. Just got the email. Interviewed 11/11-11/13. Heartbroken as this was my top choice. LM 78 IS ORM.
Interviewed 11/11 also and just got the waitlist email too :(

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
For anybody interviewing next week (1/25-1/27), have you guys had the interview section uploaded onto your portal? I have not and thus have not received specific times that my interview is scheduled for. Should I email the school?

For anybody interviewing next week (1/25-1/27), have you guys had the interview section uploaded onto your portal? I have not and thus have not received specific times that my interview is scheduled for. Should I email the school?
It will probably get posted tomorrow for you. Mine was posted the Monday before my interview week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interview next week (1/27-1/29) and still do not have the interview section uploaded. Really need to request off work next week. Should I email or are other people having this problem as well?

I interview next week (1/27-1/29) and still do not have the interview section uploaded. Really need to request off work next week. Should I email or are other people having this problem as well?
Same situation. It hasn’t been uploaded yet .

Mine has not shown up unless I cannot find where it is, is it in a different area or is it easily noticeable on the portal?

It is very apparent on the portal, just on the menu on the left of the home screen of the secondary app. Mine was up this morning.

Last edited:
Hi, does anyone know how UWM feels about letters of intent? Just had my interview a week ago.

Hi, does anyone know how UWM feels about letters of intent? Just had my interview a week ago.
Letters of intent are almost always reserved for those on the waitlist. Additionally, apart from interview thank you notes, I haven't heard of UW accepting any application materials after submission of your secondary. You could try writing/calling the admissions office to get a direct answer but my inclination is that they likely wont be receptive to pre-decision materials.

It is very apparent on the portal, just on the menu on the left of the home screen of the secondary app. Mine was up this morning.
I guess I should call the school tomorrow and figure out why my portal isn’t updated.

Just got an II! IS, complete 8/16 (first day possible for IS), LM 77.5

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else do their vita and feel that it was super cringe 😭😭

I did mine today. I don’t even remember what I said 😭
Me too 😩😩😩😩 glad to know someone is in the same boat. Really hope they’re not weighing it a lot. The thought of adcoms watching and rewatching it is haunting me

Anyone else do their vita and feel that it was super cringe 😭😭
I feel like mine was terrible. It was all a blur. I completed it in early October for a school that only uses VITA...and considering that the school rejected me I think it’s safe to say that mine isn’t stellar 😅 But hopefully they don’t weigh it too heavily here!

• Care
Anyone who interviewed in December hear back yet?
Not yet. Interviewed 12/4. The UWisc Admissions twitter said they weren't able to review most of the December applicants before the release on Jan 8 but they would have another release "in a couple weeks". My 8 week mark is coming up this Friday, so hoping that the release is this week. Waiting is the hardest part :)

Reactions: 1 users
anyone on here get updated on scholarships? I thought they said throughout the app process they would start giving them out to accepted applicants?

anyone on here get updated on scholarships? I thought they said throughout the app process they would start giving them out to accepted applicants?
People either receive scholarships upon admission, or later on as they become available as far as I understand. I also believe it is mostly merit-based aid that is available.

Does anyone know how far in advance the admissions office sends out our exact interview date and time? I am in the interview group next week and haven’t heard about what day I have been assigned.

Does anyone know how far in advance the admissions office sends out our exact interview date and time? I am in the interview group next week and haven’t heard about what day I have been assigned.
I believe this was sent the weekend before/Monday the week of (my interview was on a Thursday). You should be able to check the online application portal and click on the interview tab and it will be listed there.

Anyone have any idea when the next round of decisions on post interview applicants will come out?

Anyone have any idea when the next round of decisions on post interview applicants will come out?
The last release was on 1/8 for those that interviewed 11/11-11/20 (exactly 8 weeks after the 11/11 date). Tomorrow will be exactly 8 weeks after the 12/4 interviews, so I'm guessing they'll do another release tomorrow. Who knows which interview dates will be included or if it'll actually be tomorrow, but here's hoping! I've been checking the UWisc Med Admissions twitter/FB page obsessively.

Edit: wording

Anyone receive word if they are sending out decisions today?

Edit: just saw on uwisc med admissions twitter they hope to release Monday. Good luck everyone!!

Last edited:
accepted yesterday (1/29) via phone call! Interviewed 12/4. IS :)

Reactions: 3 users
Interview invitation received yesterday. Complete October 7, OOS no ties to Wisconsin. I could only choose from two dates Feb 5 or Feb 12.

Do you think the interview questions posted on SDN for the Medical College of Wisconsin were helpful for those interviewed already? Thanks

Do you think the interview questions posted on SDN for the Medical College of Wisconsin were helpful for those interviewed already? Thanks
This is the UW thread, different school than MCW

I had a wonderful time interviewing this week for this school.. from what I read, I should be waiting about 8 weeks before a post-II decision correct?

I had a wonderful time interviewing this week for this school.. from what I read, I should be waiting about 8 weeks before a post-II decision correct?
Yeah, that is also what they told us last week when I interviewed.

Fingers crossed for everyone waiting to hear back today 🤞🤞 good luck y'all!!

For those of you accepted last week via phone call, has your online portal changed at all or did you receive anything in writing yet?

For those of you accepted last week via phone call, has your online portal changed at all or did you receive anything in writing yet?
I got a phone call last week and got an email this morning!

Okay. I received my scholarship offer in my call from the school and older threads say that when they received it later, they were contacted suddenly
Did you receive a follow up email about your scholarship?