2022-2023 Charles R. Drew University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you that had the quarter system, how did you fill out the prerequisite table? For example, does one quarter equate to one semester?

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you that had the quarter system, how did you fill out the prerequisite table? For example, does one quarter equate to one semester?
i copied and pasted the chart from the email into google sheets, erased the semesters, replaced it with quarters and then added another column and then copy and pasted it back into an email

Reactions: 1 user
i copied and pasted the chart from the email into google sheets, erased the semesters, replaced it with quarters and then added another column and then copy and pasted it back into an email
Thank you for your response! I’m just a bit confused in terms of the translating quarter grades to semester. I took a
Thank you so much!!

Members don't see this ad :)
she didn’t to reply my email when i asked how to fill out the chart w the quarter system so i emailed the cdu email and someone replied “fill out the chart” 😭 no capital F no period no hello. shoutout to @Moms_spaghetti for helping me

Awkward Jay Z GIF by Complex

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
For the biochem requirement, I have a summer session/quarter. They didn't email me about anything being incomplete but i saw the 6 month requirement.

Last edited:
For the biochem requirement, I have a summer session/quarter. They didn't email me about anything being incomplete but i saw the 6 month requirement.
& i see you got the A, first of all congrats!! Did they mention anything to you bout needing to still complete it before enrolling?

& i see you got the A, first of all congrats!! Did they mention anything to you bout needing to still complete it before enrolling?
Just as part of the congratulations email they said to make sure all my conditional work in complete, but I never got an email that said my coursework is incomplete

Just as part of the congratulations email they said to make sure all my conditional work in complete, but I never got an email that said my coursework is incomplete
Then I think you should be set tbh but they know best so I’d double check to avoid any holdups down the line

Incase anyone needs it to convert their quarter credits to semester!
1FAF2CA2-6A24-42C9-AD69-4486D6F2AD0A.jpeg

The funny thing with the time saying 6 months is that with a regular semester you're actually only taking the class for ~15 weeks or 3.75 months. Technically (unless you took biochem 1&2 or calc 1&2) none of us would have "6 months" of said course, so we're all good 😊

Members don't see this ad :)
she didn’t to reply my email when i asked how to fill out the chart w the quarter system so i emailed the cdu email and someone replied “fill out the chart” 😭 no capital F no period no hello. shoutout to @Moms_spaghetti for helping me
That happened to me too, lol. I asked about a requirement and they responded in 4 words. No capital, no period, no greeting.

• Haha
That happened to me too, lol. I asked about a requirement and they responded in 4 words. No capital, no period, no greeting.
Lmao sounds like they tired and are like "f#@* them kids" 🤣

• Haha
Lmao sounds like they tired and are like "f#@* them kids" 🤣
In their defense, when I went to the open house Dr. Rufina and Dr. Margarita said they were the only two working on this specific process (if I remember correctly). Prayers up for them if that's the case because I can't imagine going through this with only two people spearheading.

In their defense, when I went to the open house Dr. Rufina and Dr. Margarita said they were the only two working on this specific process (if I remember correctly). Prayers up for them if that's the case because I can't imagine going through this with only two people spearheading.
Oh I'm sure and that's why they got every right be like eff them kids 🤣🤣🤣

For those who have been accepted, how many days did they give you to decide on the offer?

To hold the place must respond within two weeks of receiving of offer letter.

The commit to enroll form is not binding right? Also for the 50$ deposit is anyone else not seeing an option for Doctor of Medicine?

Last edited:
Is it just me or can anyone else not see their CDU acceptance on the CYMS tool?

Hey friends,

How was everyone's stats who got accepted and what was your interview date? Please share with your fellow anxious premed.

So umm everyone I need some help with what exactly we need to do to reserve a spot at this school.

First email says to:
1. Reply on email
2. Respond on WebADMIT
3. Select them on CYMS tool

Then there is a subsequent email about submitted the "Commitment to Enroll form" with a $50 deposit payment

Then there is another email with a link to the Applicant gateway.

Are any of these binding? Why are there so many?

So umm everyone I need some help with what exactly we need to do to reserve a spot at this school.

First email says to:
1. Reply on email
2. Respond on WebADMIT
3. Select them on CYMS tool

Then there is a subsequent email about submitted the "Commitment to Enroll form" with a $50 deposit payment

Then there is another email with a link to the Applicant gateway.

Are any of these binding? Why are there so many?
I'm lowkey confused too but I don't think it is binding. I'm kinda confused on the "WebAdmit" part. I'm thinking its the same portal we submitted the secondary on because I signed into the same portal and it has a congrats message for you to accept or decline the seat

Hey Peeps! I haven't gotten an acceptance from this school as of yet following my interview, but I will most likely be withdrawing my application. I do want to wish everyone the best for their admissions cycle. Being part of the CDU Proud Family for this school's discussion page was honestly entertaining and made this painful cycle bearable.

I hope each and everyone of you become great physicians in the near future! Best of luck everyone! 😄

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
Congratulations for those received their As!!! If you did, did you hear back pretty soon after sending your pre-requisite e-mail checklists (if you got one) or did it take some time? Thanks!

Did you ever receive a response on this?
Yes, was told to just put “in progress”. The email stated it needs to be completed by matriculation. If I don’t get an A just off the strength of not completing pre-reqs idk why they would even interview me. Oh well it’s out of my hands anyway.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey Peeps! I haven't gotten an acceptance from this school as of yet following my interview, but I will most likely be withdrawing my application. I do want to wish everyone the best for their admissions cycle. Being part of the CDU Proud Family for this school's discussion page was honestly entertaining and made this painful cycle bearable.

I hope each and everyone of you become great physicians in the near future! Best of luck everyone! 😄
Did you get accepted elsewhere?

Congratulations for those received their As!!! If you did, did you hear back pretty soon after sending your pre-requisite e-mail checklists (if you got one) or did it take some time? Thanks!
Yes, I was admitted the day after I submitted my prereqs!

sorry if someone already answered this already but did anyone who received an A not get an email regarding verification of prereqs?

sorry if someone already answered this already but did anyone who received an A not get an email regarding verification of prereqs?
I believe both! some got it and some didn’t.

Has anyone who received/submitted the course checklist this week heard back?

Do most of you with As have multiple acceptances elsewhere?

Those with As so far, are y’all LA locals/have close ties?