Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes :/Still waiting, fellow 9/21er?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes :/Still waiting, fellow 9/21er?
9-23er checking in. Where A?Yes :/
I have like 200 hours of community service. Was first wave II.To people who received II, how many hours of service did you have? I know that this school really values that, so I was wondering if there's a specific number they're looking for. Personally I don't have as many hours as I would have liked, but my service activities are extremely meaningful to me, and I talked about them extensively in my application.
my god man i just love seeing u around here. I rly rly rly hope we matriculate at the same placeI have like 200 hours of community service. Was first wave II.
I had round 1500!To people who received II, how many hours of service did you have? I know that this school really values that, so I was wondering if there's a specific number they're looking for. Personally I don't have as many hours as I would have liked, but my service activities are extremely meaningful to me, and I talked about them extensively in my application.
Thiccy’s decision on where they’ll go will be a major event in SDN history. Nevertheless, they’ll become an amazing physician no matter where they go. Keep up the great work, Thiccy!my god man i just love seeing u around here. I rly rly rly hope we matriculate at the same place
I'm not sure why I'm one of the year's favorites for SDN users, but I love y'all too. I know that everyone will be a great physician too. God bless you all! <3Thiccy’s decision on where they’ll go will be a major event in SDN history. Nevertheless, they’ll become an amazing physician no matter where they go. Keep up the great work, Thiccy!
I'm not sure why I'm one of the year's favorites for SDN users, but I love y'all too. I know that everyone will be a great physician too. God bless you all! <3
same boat 😓✊ we shall make itYes :/
good luck we can do this!same boat 😓✊ we shall make it
In all seriousness, we DO really want to know where you end up picking, if just so we can know who else gets to be in your presence for the next 4 yearsI'm not sure why I'm one of the year's favorites for SDN users, but I love y'all too. I know that everyone will be a great physician too. God bless you all! <3
Are more people getting updates before a decision for II or R.II earlier today! OOS, LizzyM 69, Complete 8/1. Sent an update a couple weeks ago.
I didn't hear from the school until yesterday but I emailed them an update letter a couple of weeks ago about my current/new activities and why I was still interested in them.Are more people getting updates before a decision for II or R.
you just now got waitlisted?Interviewed Early October, Waitlisted, waiting to hear back on what tier.
i interviewed 9/23 still crickets lol. let us know if they back to you about the tier. Hoping for the best !Interviewed Early October, Waitlisted, waiting to hear back on what tier.
interview day?waitlisted, feels terrible, just emailed to find out my tier
I am sorry to hear this this happened to me the other day with wayne state. just be happy its not an R right?waitlisted, feels terrible, just emailed to find out my tier
9/14interview day?
i guess but now its just a giant unknown, some of my friends were waitlist for months until they got off two weeks before the school year startedI am sorry to hear this this happened to me the other day with wayne state. just be happy its not an R right?
hoping for the best. is this ur top choicei guess but now its just a giant unknown, some of my friends were waitlist for months until they got off two weeks before the school year started
Sorry to hear. Hoping for good news coming your way. Can you let us know the interview day, if you don’t mind?Also waitlisted 🙁 . no one is alone! congrats to all who were accepted!
Thank you I'm really hoping so this was my only MD interview so far and I was so nervous I don't think I represented myself well. I was 9/21!Sorry to hear. Hoping for good news coming your way. Can you let us know the interview day, if you don’t mind?
I would definitely know more than one! When they asked me why I wanted to go to EVMS, I talked about my interest in community medicine. I have lost multiple family members to opioid overdose and have since been involved in research and community service that is focused on pain and addiction. After talking quite a bit about how I wanted to use my medical education to help address the opioid crisis as a future physician, they asked me if the opioid crisis went away tomorrow then what issues I would want to address. I panicked and just said that there are a lot of health disparities and that the community focus of EVMS would help me envision how I can best address those but didn't have like a "personal" example. Feel like I shot myself in the foot. Long story short - please learn from my mistake and prepare to talk about more than one community health issue. Best of luck!Can anyone who has already interviewed attest to whether they were asked to discuss multiple issues in our healthcare system or just one? I've seen people report both, but discussing three convoluted problems intelligently and all in one go sounds a little intimidating! Just want to make sure I'm prepared either way.
So, I was wondering this as well. I have heard this as I am IS and live in the Tidewater area. Does anyone know? Maybe some current students?hi!! this might be a silly question but do y'all know if being on the wait list last year has any effect on our chances this year? i was top tier IS wait list last year and i just really want to go here haha
While I wasn't in particular asked this question. There's so many: uninsured, LGBTQ+ access to care, transparent pricing, environmental health, inequity among racial groups, opioid epidemic.Can anyone who has already interviewed attest to whether they were asked to discuss multiple issues in our healthcare system or just one? I've seen people report both, but discussing three convoluted problems intelligently and all in one go sounds a little intimidating! Just want to make sure I'm prepared either way.
Complete?OOS II LM 72
8/30Complete?
Is anyone else still waiting on a decision? I interviewed 9/16
EVMS has no home hospitals, correct? Could you please talk about how this has impacted your education? Seems like SDNers love to hate on Drexel about this, but nobody mentions it for EVMS.Current EVMS M4. Ask me anything.
M2 here. We do have home hospitals. Sentara Norfolk General and CHKD (the pediatric hospital) are directly within our campus. Not sure how that information was spread haha.EVMS has no home hospitals, correct? Could you please talk about how this has impacted your education? Seems like SDNers love to hate on Drexel about this, but nobody mentions it for EVMS.
Thanks for the response! This page Doctor of Medicine - Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS), Norfolk, Hampton Roads on their website says “As a student at a medical school without its own hospital, you will have opportunities to train in a variety of hospitals — from a level 1 trauma center to a children's hospital to military and community hospitals — and more than 150 partnering clinical practices in our region” I’m just confused lol.M2 here. We do have home hospitals. Sentara Norfolk General and CHKD (the pediatric hospital) are directly within our campus. Not sure how that information was spread haha.
No home hospital? Where did you see that ? Sentara is like the same building lolEVMS has no home hospitals, correct? Could you please talk about how this has impacted your education? Seems like SDNers love to hate on Drexel about this, but nobody mentions it for EVMS.
Ah I see how that can be misinterpreted, no worries! Yeah technically since we are not affiliated with, say a university, for example, we don't have a home hospital that we own by definition, but everyone here considers Norfolk General and CHKD to be home hospitals. We are also affiliated with tons of other hospitals within the Sentara network in the region. Let me know if you have any other questions.Thanks for the response! This page Doctor of Medicine - Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS), Norfolk, Hampton Roads on their website says “As a student at a medical school without its own hospital, you will have opportunities to train in a variety of hospitals — from a level 1 trauma center to a children's hospital to military and community hospitals — and more than 150 partnering clinical practices in our region” I’m just confused lol.
Thank you for clarifying! That makes senseAh I see how that can be misinterpreted, no worries! Yeah technically since we are not affiliated with, say a university, for example, we don't have a home hospital that we own by definition, but everyone here considers Norfolk General and CHKD to be home hospitals. We are also affiliated with tons of other hospitals within the Sentara network in the region. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Interviewed here and felt like this was my interview too. Interviewers had set questions then had 1 question extra for me. They seemed disinterested, their questions wrapped up in 10-15 mins and then I had a couple questions and that was it. Bit disappointed in the interview, likely looking at an R and even if it’s an A idk how I feel about the school after the interview.I had an interview here last week. I do agree that the interview didn't allow me to really show who I am. I had a few interviews at other schools and this was the only one I felt this way. Everyone was very nice but they had a short list of questions that I feel did not allow me to talk about myself and my experiences. I would not feel too bad about it because we were all asked the same questions.
From trends from what people have reported on this thread, looks like about 6 weeks give or take.Anyone know the average post-interview turnaround time for EVMS?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.