2022-2023 Eastern Virginia

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Idk if this is a dumb question but would it be a bad idea to call admissions and just ask if there is anything I can do to get moved from the waitlist? Or just to get an update or something?
I would not recommend this. I know it's really hard to be patient and let things play out, but you definitely don't want to stick your foot in your mouth either. Deep breaths!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone has sent a grade update to EVMS or any of their other apps? I just graduated and want to send my new transcript since I got all A's last semester, but I am not sure if I should send them an official transcript, an unofficial transcript, or just write about it in an update letter.
 
I was wondering if anyone has sent a grade update to EVMS or any of their other apps? I just graduated and want to send my new transcript since I got all A's last semester, but I am not sure if I should send them an official transcript, an unofficial transcript, or just write about it in an update letter.
I did not but someone I know had an advisor say to send the official transcript as well as an update letter!
 
For people who interviewed here, was it one or two interview sessions? how long were they approximately? and (if you can) what kind of questions did they ask?
 
I sent an update letter around in November '22 - still haven't heard back about an interview/rejection/hold. Any recommendations on what I should do next besides wait?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All! I am a current M1 at EVMS and have just made our accepted student FB page! Please feel free to join! Some of my classmates and I will post helpful links as we get closer to the beginning of your M1 Year! EVMS MD Class of 2027 | Facebook

Also: feel free to ask me any questions! I will be happy to answer!
Hello!
Do you know if EVMS sends scholarship packages a bit later after acceptance or if you have to apply on their website? Thank you!
 
Question for people that have been accepted this cycle... where did the email acceptance come from? I feel like it would be better for me mentally to just search for something (i.e. "EVMS adcom or EVMS admissions") at the end of each day instead of scouring my inbox & spam every hour. Pls help an anxious gal out
 
I got an interview invite yesterday and I have two weeks to prepare. Advice for this school beyond just knowing your app/the school/general healthcare issues/ethics?
Try to be prepared for any question type. This school combines traditional and MMI style questions into a traditional panel interview format and switching gears every few questions threw me off! I felt so pimped on the ethical questions that I forgot to really sell myself on the questions that actually asked about me. (Sitting on the top-tier waitlist now.)
 
Last edited:
Question for people that have been accepted this cycle... where did the email acceptance come from? I feel like it would be better for me mentally to just search for something (i.e. "EVMS adcom or EVMS admissions") at the end of each day instead of scouring my inbox & spam every hour. Pls help an anxious gal out
It came from [email protected] and name showed up in my email as Eastern Virginia Medical School.
 
Any current students here have any input on housing? Do most people stay at the on campus housing and is it first come first serve?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I miss Chelsea bake house and the dirty buffalo. Ghent has a special place in my heart. Still silence for me though! Complete sept 1
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad