2022-2023 Eastern Virginia

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First MD acceptance this morning!! Interviewed early November, waitlisted 11/30/22. Super grateful. Best wishes to everyone else waiting on decisions or on the waitlist!
awesome! So happy for you. Did u send them an update?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was anyone who was accepted off the waitlist coincidentally asked to fill out a background check form recently? Got an email about it and filled it out that this morning but I'm thinking it's probably for the school I've been accepted to.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Indeed! Just also want to say to keep up the great work! You’ll become a fantastic physician and to strive to be the best version of yourself!
Hi! Just wanted to comment that I see you continuously posting such kind, encouraging, and positive words to many people on here. I'm wishing you the best of luck this cycle and hoping you get all the responses you are seeking! 🙂
 
Hi! Just wanted to comment that I see you continuously posting such kind, encouraging, and positive words to many people on here. I'm wishing you the best of luck this cycle and hoping you get all the responses you are seeking! 🙂
Thank you so much!!! Positivity and encouragement goes a long way, especially with an arduous journey like this one. There are many hurdles to overcome but knowing that all of this hard work will pay off is something to always keep in mind. The cycle is not over yet and I hope for good news to come around soon for a lot of us.
 
Fake news! I’m from Hampton Roads and have always called northern Virginia NOVA lol

It confused the hell out of my classmates in college since in PA they call Villanova Nova
98C24278-C428-4695-B0E5-D2FA39475C72.jpeg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
this friday will be 9 weeks since my interview and i haven’t gotten any updates. anyone else in the same position?
 
this friday will be 9 weeks since my interview and i haven’t gotten any updates. anyone else in the same position?
Sometimes you just gotta take the risk and poke the fish. If the fish comes back then, well, you'll know you made it right?
 
Sometimes you just gotta take the risk and poke the fish. If the fish comes back then, well, you'll know you made it right?
i was wondering if i should but given that the holidays just passed that could explain the wait so i don’t wanna bother them😭
 
Ended up getting the A which is great and I accepted but their emails are freaking me out they keep calling me an incoming student and acting like I've committed there and all this stuff... but I definitely haven't committed............... right? I like the school but the cycle isn't over so I don't want to commit just yet. Anyone else feel like their emails post-A are a little intense
 
Ended up getting the A which is great and I accepted but their emails are freaking me out they keep calling me an incoming student and acting like I've committed there and all this stuff... but I definitely haven't committed............... right? I like the school but the cycle isn't over so I don't want to commit just yet. Anyone else feel like their emails post-A are a little intense

LMAOOO I’m laughing because I also feel the commitment-phobia heavily. Particularly with the strong wording in the emails I got from them today too! It feels like you’re leading them on because you haven’t made a decision yet which makes me feel bad and kind of anxious because I do like the school. But I know they’re well aware we haven’t committed! They know it’s all up in the air until April 30.


Edit: acceptance withdrawn
 
Last edited:
Ended up getting the A which is great and I accepted but their emails are freaking me out they keep calling me an incoming student and acting like I've committed there and all this stuff... but I definitely haven't committed............... right? I like the school but the cycle isn't over so I don't want to commit just yet. Anyone else feel like their emails post-A are a little intense
Those emails freak me out. Every time I get one I panic and think I forgot something and I’m about to have my A revoked from them. Like yes I’m interested in you EVMS but play it cool, you’re coming on like you’re crazy.
 
LMAOOO I’m laughing because I also feel the commitment-phobia heavily. Particularly with the strong wording in the emails I got from them today too! It feels like you’re leading them on because you haven’t made a decision yet which makes me feel bad and kind of anxious because I do like the school. But I know they’re well aware we haven’t committed! They know it’s all up in the air until April 30.
What happens april 30?
 
So did anyone have a decent/okay (in my head) interview and ended up getting in here lol trying to calm my anxiety. The interviewers were friendly but felt like some of the questions were not really getting to know who I am and 1-2 threw me off?
 
So did anyone have a decent/okay (in my head) interview and ended up getting in here lol trying to calm my anxiety. The interviewers were friendly but felt like some of the questions were not really getting to know who I am and 1-2 threw me off?
I finished my interview in 10-15 mins. I thought I crashed and burned. Got WL then A so who knows.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So did anyone have a decent/okay (in my head) interview and ended up getting in here lol trying to calm my anxiety. The interviewers were friendly but felt like some of the questions were not really getting to know who I am and 1-2 threw me off?
Felt the same exact way and got WL. Idk
 
this friday will be 9 weeks since my interview and i haven’t gotten any updates. anyone else in the same position?
This Friday will make 11 for me, no updates and super frustrating to see people put on the waitlist AND moved off who interviewed after me. Happy for those with the A but the wait is excruciating.
 
Idk if this is a dumb question but would it be a bad idea to call admissions and just ask if there is anything I can do to get moved from the waitlist? Or just to get an update or something?
 
I got an interview invite yesterday and I have two weeks to prepare. Advice for this school beyond just knowing your app/the school/general healthcare issues/ethics?