You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Eastern Virginia
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
New partnership between Evms and Norfolk state. Suprised not ODU. GO EVMS GO EVMS NOW ACCEPT ME BABAAAAY
pretty positive a plan still exists to partner with ODU in the near future
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
Anyone know if it's true that 2/3 of the class comes from the WL? Have seen that a couple times in here on threads from years prior.
From MSAR:
Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle: 200
Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist: 75
Approximate class size: 150
So up to half of the class could come from waitlist hypothetically.
Interesting, I wasn't aware MSAR showed all that info -- thank you for this!From MSAR:
Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle: 200
Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist: 75
Approximate class size: 150
So up to half of the class could come from waitlist hypothetically.
thereddr13
Full Member
I went to ODU undergrad. When I was coming in, they had a program with them where you commit to them in like your first year and just have to get a 505 and guaranteed matriculation. Unfortunately I didn't know I wanted to go into medicine until it was past the deadline for that program & not sure if that's still going on.pretty positive a plan still exists to partner with ODU in the near future
Lane Jorgensen
Full Member
Is lower-tier even real or do they just give everyone mid-tier if not high-tier
Gadams0284
Full Member
I went to ODU too! I actually applied to this program but wasn't accepted to I had to apply the traditional way. It was very competitive.I went to ODU undergrad. When I was coming in, they had a program with them where you commit to them in like your first year and just have to get a 505 and guaranteed matriculation. Unfortunately I didn't know I wanted to go into medicine until it was past the deadline for that program & not sure if that's still going on.
Ooooh niceII today, IS, completed 8/4
confusedonceagain
Full Member
Y'all think we're interviewing for the WL at this point?
bro i hope not this school was awesome lolY'all think we're interviewing for the WL at this point?
Even if that were true, apparently the wait list isn't a bad spot to be according to Lithium Carbonate's post up above.Y'all think we're interviewing for the WL at this point?
confusedonceagain
Full Member
I was on the WL last year so fingers crossed this go aroundEven if that were true, apparently the wait list isn't a bad spot to be according to Lithium Carbonate's post up above.
Oh geez. I hope so too, rooting for you!I was on the WL last year so fingers crossed this go around
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It probably is, but again, not a bad place to be in. I interviewed with EVMS in February 2020 and they told us straight up in the information session that we were interviewing for the waitlist.IS II today! Hope it's not just for the waitlist
I have an interview scheduled on 01/08/2023...any tips?Just finished the interview. Gotta say this is now probably my no. 1 choice lol
Gadams0284
Full Member
Do you mean 2/8/23? As far as the interview itself, I found mine to be very relaxed and laid back. They didn't ask me any trick questions or MMI style questions which was nice. Everything was very straight forward and it was really just a conversation about what motivated me to go into medicine and why I loved EVMS. Just relax and be yourself. Remember, they invited you because they already like you based on your application. Just show them that you are who you seem to be on paper and you'll be fine!I have an interview scheduled on 01/08/2023...any tips?
D
deleted1148079
bro i see u in every threadPatiently waiting for WL movement
flyon_littlewing9587
Full Member
He's SpideyMD, he's always in the thread.bro i see u in every thread
Yea I just stick to each one what can I sayHe's SpideyMD, he's always in the thread.
confusedonceagain
Full Member
I know they said the Wed. meet and greet was optional with no bearing on acceptance, but since I'm neurotic, did anyone not go and still get the A - if they're willing to share?
Did not go. WL then A so I don't think it has any bearing. And from my understanding it's more of an information session to find out more about the school. I plan on going sometime in the future though as I want to learn more about the school before I make a decision.I know they said the Wed. meet and greet was optional with no bearing on acceptance, but since I'm neurotic, did anyone not go and still get the A - if they're willing to share?
I went the week after my interview. I got waitlisted, idk if it made a difference tbhI know they said the Wed. meet and greet was optional with no bearing on acceptance, but since I'm neurotic, did anyone not go and still get the A - if they're willing to share?
Didn’t go. Got an A.I know they said the Wed. meet and greet was optional with no bearing on acceptance, but since I'm neurotic, did anyone not go and still get the A - if they're willing to share?
Gadams0284
Full Member
I didn't go and got the A!I know they said the Wed. meet and greet was optional with no bearing on acceptance, but since I'm neurotic, did anyone not go and still get the A - if they're willing to share?
Hi hi sorry for uber late response! There was a separate process where we submit a fin aid application. You send them an email with all of the scholarships you would like to apply for and then they get back to you with any awards!Hello!
Do you know if EVMS sends scholarship packages a bit later after acceptance or if you have to apply on their website? Thank you!
Just sent an email withdrawing my acceptance. I am channeling good wishes to everyone here ❤️
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1148079
how is the EDM/rave scene at EVMS
Pls pls pls pass overJust sent an email withdrawing my acceptance. I am channeling good wishes to everyone here ❤️
Idk but I’ll definitely join you at any EDM concert/rave you wanna go to while we’re therehow is the EDM/rave scene at EVMS
D
deleted1120105
How did you all hear about this meet and greet? I interviewed back in mid Sept and have been waitlisted since October but never heard about a meet and greet...
D
deleted1148079
betIdk but I’ll definitely join you at any EDM concert/rave you wanna go to while we’re there
How did you all hear about this meet and greet? I interviewed back in mid Sept and have been waitlisted since October but never heard about a meet and greet...
there’s an accepted students days you’re invited to after acceptance. but most recently i believe they were talking about the info session hosted on every wednesday of interview weeks for interviewees.
Well I know there’s a Shrek rave happening at the Norva 2/17 so take that as you willhow is the EDM/rave scene at EVMS
Is there a lot of research activity coming out of EVMS?
i think comparatively to other MD schools they’re maybe not as heavy on research, but absolutely. they just got a 4mil grant from NIH a couple days ago to continue some cancer research they’re doing
Someone on Reddit reported that they had received an II today
tk_since_97
New Member
Is it just me or does it seem like EVMS didn't send out a lot of direct As post-II this year?
I interviewed on 1/20 and just received an email that my application is on hold. "The MD Admissions Committee was very pleased with your application and members enjoyed meeting with you during your interview. At this time the MD Admissions Committee has decided to put your application on HOLD. A HOLD status is not a terminal decision nor a waitlist decision. Your application is still active and decisions are sent to applicants frequently via email." Anyone else receive this email? I haven't heard of people getting holds at this school... not sure what to make of this
interesting- have not heard thatI interviewed on 1/20 and just received an email that my application is on hold. "The MD Admissions Committee was very pleased with your application and members enjoyed meeting with you during your interview. At this time the MD Admissions Committee has decided to put your application on HOLD. A HOLD status is not a terminal decision nor a waitlist decision. Your application is still active and decisions are sent to applicants frequently via email." Anyone else receive this email? I haven't heard of people getting holds at this school... not sure what to make of this
FutureMD2067
Full Member
I got the same HOLD email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The_Night_Is_Young
Full Member
Same email here.I interviewed on 1/20 and just received an email that my application is on hold. "The MD Admissions Committee was very pleased with your application and members enjoyed meeting with you during your interview. At this time the MD Admissions Committee has decided to put your application on HOLD. A HOLD status is not a terminal decision nor a waitlist decision. Your application is still active and decisions are sent to applicants frequently via email." Anyone else receive this email? I haven't heard of people getting holds at this school... not sure what to make of this
why notWould it even be worth it to send an update letter at this point? Or would the committee likely not even read it.