-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 UC Riverside
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
DancingHusky
Full Member
are any accepted students going to the first look event next week?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DancingHusky
Full Member
I would say no because there have been several first look events scheduled since December and more scheduled in March/April. 🙂This might be extra neurotic but if there's a first look next week, does that mean most/all spots have been offered already?
Premedlife2022
Full Member
I don't think so, I am working that day, and very unlikely I can get it off with a week of notice 🙁are any accepted students going to the first look event next week?
DancingHusky
Full Member
I put in a PTO request as soon as I got the email 😫🤞🏽I don't think so, I am working that day, and very unlikely I can get it off with a week of notice 🙁
It’s been quiet here for the past week. When might we hear back next?
Are II still being sent out?
Premedlife2022
Full Member
Is there a Facebook group or an accepted students group? Just looking to connect 🙂
Last edited:
None that I am aware of, but I have been contacted by a student ambassador.Is there a Facebook group or an accepted students group? Just looking to connect 🙂
Does anyone know if you’re allowed to bring a guest to the first look event?
DancingHusky
Full Member
I'm not sure. I didn't see anything about bringing a guest in the information provided by the school. I feel like these events are just for students and maybe second look events will have more stuff catered to family/guests.Does anyone know if you’re allowed to bring a guest to the first look event?
Shamounmaker3
Full Member
Not to my knowledge, I interviewed in November. Hopefully at the end of this week there should be some news, because about 2 weeks ago there was news for the sep/oct interviewers, in the past I think I have read that every other week they make their decisions and they decide in the beginning of the week and let applicants know at the end of the week. Do not quote me on that though I am not 100% sure.have any november interviews heard back??
Im not sure, I interviewed in October and I'm considering emailing and asking for an update, but I'm just not sure whether thats appropriate or not. Personally, I feel like either a waitlist or rejection can be expected, but hopefully they are still accepting people from those dates.As a follow-up, would anyone know if they are still looking at oct/sept, or if the admissions have moved to November interviewers? Has anyone who interviewed in November gotten in?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol for real. I interviewed a week ago…Are Jan interviewers DOA then? Might have to wait until June LOL
DancingHusky
Full Member
When they sent out their first round of acceptances in November, it included people who interviewed in sept/oct. During the second round they send acceptances to oct/nov interviewees. during the last round it included people from sept/oct/nov/dec. So definitely don't lose hope 🙂As a follow-up, would anyone know if they are still looking at oct/sept, or if the admissions have moved to November interviewers? Has anyone who interviewed in November gotten in?
Are we hearing back today
Shamounmaker3
Full Member
Doesn't look like it :/Are we hearing back today
Shamounmaker3
Full Member
What time did those who got accepted get emails?
jessicasmith123
New Member
Are interviews still being sent? This was the first secondary I submitted and still haven't heard any news.
Same so wierd...
Really really wanted an II from this school. I’m local, sent secondary immediately after getting it back in August. Sent update letter awhile ago. Still holding on to hope 🤞🏼
DancingHusky
Full Member
Question for folks who have been accepted and applied for a waiver for specific coursework when completing the secondary: have you heard anything about whether the waiver was approved or is your acceptance the approval of the waiver?
No II no commmunication whatsoever
Shamounmaker3
Full Member
Here goes another week of silence
trix_r_4_coolkidz
Full Member
The anxiety is kicking in !!Here goes another week of silence
DNmerc
New Member
I'm not sure if this is ok to ask.. I got a late email for an interview! My previous MMI experience was all non-acting and I just had to talk through my thought process. There were some follow-up questions that I think were actually helpful for me to get a better understanding of the question and I had a chance to ask questions as well for clarification.
Is UCR the same? Should I prepare to act with the interviewer? Or prepare to just talk during the next 6 minutes?
Thank you!
Is UCR the same? Should I prepare to act with the interviewer? Or prepare to just talk during the next 6 minutes?
Thank you!
D
deleted776417
Congrats, do mind if I ask what dates are available?I'm not sure if this is ok to ask.. I got a late email for an interview! My previous MMI experience was all non-acting and I just had to talk through my thought process. There were some follow-up questions that I think were actually helpful for me to get a better understanding of the question and I had a chance to ask questions as well for clarification.
Is UCR the same? Should I prepare to act with the interviewer? Or prepare to just talk during the next 6 minutes?
Thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DNmerc
New Member
Congrats, do mind if I ask what dates are available?
There weren't any dates available on the portal so I had to call UCR. As of two days ago, they said their only availability was 3/9. So I took it. This was all over the phone. So I'm not sure if there are other dates available.
RilakkumaKorilakkuma
Full Member
I applied for waivers for calculus/stats and one for ochem. I was worried about ochem since I only took part I. I was accepted in December and they never told me anything, so I decided to call and email them to ask about my waivers. They told me my first one was approved but the second one would have to go to a committee. Then 3 days later I got an email saying that I have to take Ochem part II. I would email them because if you have to take a course, time is dwindling. Luckily I asked right before my local CC stopped enrollment. I spoke to Juliana Oliveira she was very helpful and quick to respond!Question for folks who have been accepted and applied for a waiver for specific coursework when completing the secondary: have you heard anything about whether the waiver was approved or is your acceptance the approval of the waiver?
DancingHusky
Full Member
Yeah I applied for a waiver for like 2 physics credits cuz I took my physics classes between a quarter and semester system so it got wonky. I just hate that they don’t include lab credits 🥴I applied for waivers for calculus/stats and one for ochem. I was worried about ochem since I only took part I. I was accepted in December and they never told me anything, so I decided to call and email them to ask about my waivers. They told me my first one was approved but the second one would have to go to a committee. Then 3 days later I got an email saying that I have to take Ochem part II. I would email them because if you have to take a course, time is dwindling. Luckily I asked right before my local CC stopped enrollment. I spoke to Juliana Oliveira she was very helpful and quick to respond!
Wondering the same thing. All the other UCs have replied back but here :/Haven't hear anything about II. I submitted my secondary in sept. Should I just accept this as an R?
For those of us aspiring to attend UCR SOM, this is what I watch daydreaming of the day I can go to this completed building and attend class!! lol I know it's a bit much 😵🤣
UCR SoM EDII:
gilmanconstructionmedia.com
UCR SoM EDII:
Gilman Construction Media | Construction Security Camera & Time Lapse System
AI-powered construction security cameras and time lapse systems for jobsites. Prevent theft, monitor progress, and document every milestone — fully managed by Gilman Construction Media.
trix_r_4_coolkidz
Full Member
Oh wow this is really cool!!For those of us aspiring to attend UCR SOM, this is what I watch daydreaming of the day I can go to this completed building and attend class!! lol I know it's a bit much 😵🤣
UCR SoM EDII:
![]()
Gilman Construction Media | Construction Security Camera & Time Lapse System
AI-powered construction security cameras and time lapse systems for jobsites. Prevent theft, monitor progress, and document every milestone — fully managed by Gilman Construction Media.gilmanconstructionmedia.com
This was my top school and still haven’t heard anything from them. Really hoping there is a chance for those of us waiting for a II. Do y’all think I should email and ask for status Update?
I don’t think it will hurt, but I’m not sure if they’d tell you anything useful. I’m just confused because last year people were put on hold in January and then rejected in April, but this year we haven’t heard anything. Maybe they’ve changed their approach hahahahThis was my top school and still haven’t heard anything from them. Really hoping there is a chance for those of us waiting for a II. Do y’all think I should email and ask for status Update?
i heard they are putting people on hold but aren't telling them, so its like an internal hold. i don't think there is anything we can do tbh.I don’t think it will hurt, but I’m not sure if they’d tell you anything useful. I’m just confused because last year people were put on hold in January and then rejected in April, but this year we haven’t heard anything. Maybe they’ve changed their approach hahahah
Shamounmaker3
Full Member
Anyone hear anything today?
Cali894
Incoming OMS-I
Nope 😩Anyone hear anything today?
trix_r_4_coolkidz
Full Member
No, guess we have to wait another week :/, i was really hoping they would tell us the first Friday of the month, like they did last month.
futurodr11
Full Member
How are the clerkship years at uc riverside? I heard that the rotation doesnt consist of a lot of variety? Is that really true?
DancingHusky
Full Member
from what I understood from talking to current students, they do a lottery system for rotations, tho I believe that many students rotate through RCH, which is a level I trauma center FWIW. One student did tell me that during his EM rotation he was placed in a community ER in a rural area (I wanna say Banning? ) and that this site was basically a glorified urgent care. From my understanding though, students do get to submit a preference for the lottery. (any current students monitoring the thread please correct me if I'm wrong!)How are the clerkship years at uc riverside? I heard that the rotation doesnt consist of a lot of variety? Is that really true?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futurodr11
Full Member
So you do get to experience/learn from specialities like cardiology ortho urology oncology and other specialties?from what I understood from talking to current students, they do a lottery system for rotations, tho I believe that many students rotate through RCH, which is a level I trauma center FWIW. One student did tell me that during his EM rotation he was placed in a community ER in a rural area (I wanna say Banning? ) and that this site was basically a glorified urgent care. From my understanding though, students do get to submit a preference for the lottery. (any current students monitoring the thread please correct me if I'm wrong!)
DancingHusky
Full Member
Tbh I’m not 100% sure. I would assume if you rotate at RCH you could rotate in those services. Also in 3rd year you’ll get some elective/selective time and I’m sure you could seek out some of those rotations. (Again any current students please correct me if I’m wrong!!)So you do get to experience/learn from specialities like cardiology ortho urology oncology and other specialties?
im rooting for everyone interviewing in 2023 for the 2022-2023 cycle, better late than never to the partyII today... complete in august
Does anyone know what the March 15th AAMC trafficking rule means? Do they have to let all the accepted students know about their acceptances by then?