2022-2023 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone considering to go to the Open House?
Probably! I think it’ll be a better opportunity to see more of campus that during the second look event.

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone clarify again the March 15th thing I keep hearing about. Should majority decisions be out by tomorrow or is that date completely unrelated to notifying applicants of decisions?

Estimated total number of acceptances to fill a new class have to be sent out by 3/15. Aka everyone else afterward would be on waitlist or rejected.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Estimated total number of acceptances to fill a new class have to be sent out by 3/15. Aka everyone else afterward would be on waitlist or rejected.
Thanks for the clarification.

Nuanced, but I interpreted it a bit differently: it says "By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS," i.e. for an entering class of approximately 150 students, send at least 150 acceptances by March 15. Since schools always over-accept to fill their matriculating class, that does not mean that the remaining decisions will be WL or R, rather that they just need to have hit that minimum number of acceptances by that date. Obviously for schools who complete their cycles earlier, this is moot.

Edit: I guess to JP_PM's point, that means the majority of acceptances have likely been sent out if the school extends <2x the offers to fill its class.

Reactions: 4 users
I agree with the above comment, most schools accept many more applicants than the number of their first year class so there’s still hope for everyone who hasn’t heard back by March 15th. last year on sdn, ppl got A’s in mid March. the year before, ppl got A’s in mid March and mid April. there’s still lots of hope!

Reactions: 1 users
Nuanced, but I interpreted it a bit differently: it says "By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS," i.e. for an entering class of approximately 150 students, send at least 150 acceptances by March 15. Since schools always over-accept to fill their matriculating class, that does not mean that the remaining decisions will be WL or R, rather that they just need to have hit that minimum number of acceptances by that date. Obviously for schools who complete their cycles earlier, this is moot.

Edit: I guess to JP_PM's point, that means the majority of acceptances have likely been sent out if the school extends <2x the offers to fill its class.
Mm yeah thats true, I didnt consider that

so for those of us who are still waiting for interview results, we’re not screwed (yet)?

In case anyone was curious, UCR had at least 4 people match into derm and 2 into ortho today. Seems like as the school gets more established folks will have less of an issue matching competitively.

Reactions: 9 users
In case anyone was curious, UCR had at least 4 people match into derm and 2 into ortho today. Seems like as the school gets more established folks will have less of an issue matching competitively.
I saw!!! That makes me happy!! This program has accomplished so much for being very new.

is there an official match list, or a link to the match day video?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am new to sdn but I received my acceptance on 2/28 and interviewed 1/10!

Reactions: 6 users
To my knowledge they have been slacking on November and December interview dates. Not really sure what's going on but lets hope they accept some more students this Thursday/Friday.

Also interviewed 1/10 and it’s been radio silence for me… going to gun for a waitlist spot fr

II just now. Will be declining. I hope my spot goes out to one of you <3

Reactions: 8 users
Just received an email from Dr. Cooper wanting to discuss my application tomorrow!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Wow :/ I’m losing hope for December interviewees . It seems that those that interviewed after us are hearing back much faster

i’ve been waiting since october y’all the struggle is real, it seems that UCR accepts a few ppl from each interview group about a month after their interviews, everyone else gets ghosted, last year on sdn they sent out waitlists late april and acceptances off the waitlist late may, so there is still hope for everyone who hasn’t heard yet!

I just dont understand if they’ve already reached the Nov people and it just happens that literally no one that has been contacted is on SDN or they really haven’t reviewed us yet. From what I saw, I don’t think any one from November has heard anything here unless I missed it

I just dont understand if they’ve already reached the Nov people and it just happens that literally no one that has been contacted is on SDN or they really haven’t reviewed us yet. From what I saw, I don’t think any one from November has heard anything here unless I missed it
A few people have I believe

The call was for an Acceptance! Best of luck to everyone else waiting. Do your best to be positive!! You guys got this.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
From last thread, it looks like Haider applicants got told towards the end. At least that’s what I tell myself. I’ve been waiting since September 😅

Reactions: 3 users
From last thread, it looks like Haider applicants got told towards the end. At least that’s what I tell myself. I’ve been waiting since September 😅
So basically all Haider applicants are in the same boat?

yea I have! interviewed mid nov and got the call 1-2 weeks later