2022-2023 UC Riverside

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Can someone clarify again the March 15th thing I keep hearing about. Should majority decisions be out by tomorrow or is that date completely unrelated to notifying applicants of decisions?
 
Estimated total number of acceptances to fill a new class have to be sent out by 3/15. Aka everyone else afterward would be on waitlist or rejected.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Estimated total number of acceptances to fill a new class have to be sent out by 3/15. Aka everyone else afterward would be on waitlist or rejected.
Nuanced, but I interpreted it a bit differently: it says "By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS," i.e. for an entering class of approximately 150 students, send at least 150 acceptances by March 15. Since schools always over-accept to fill their matriculating class, that does not mean that the remaining decisions will be WL or R, rather that they just need to have hit that minimum number of acceptances by that date. Obviously for schools who complete their cycles earlier, this is moot.

Edit: I guess to JP_PM's point, that means the majority of acceptances have likely been sent out if the school extends <2x the offers to fill its class.
 
I agree with the above comment, most schools accept many more applicants than the number of their first year class so there’s still hope for everyone who hasn’t heard back by March 15th. last year on sdn, ppl got A’s in mid March. the year before, ppl got A’s in mid March and mid April. there’s still lots of hope!
 
Nuanced, but I interpreted it a bit differently: it says "By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS," i.e. for an entering class of approximately 150 students, send at least 150 acceptances by March 15. Since schools always over-accept to fill their matriculating class, that does not mean that the remaining decisions will be WL or R, rather that they just need to have hit that minimum number of acceptances by that date. Obviously for schools who complete their cycles earlier, this is moot.

Edit: I guess to JP_PM's point, that means the majority of acceptances have likely been sent out if the school extends <2x the offers to fill its class.
Mm yeah thats true, I didnt consider that
 
In case anyone was curious, UCR had at least 4 people match into derm and 2 into ortho today. Seems like as the school gets more established folks will have less of an issue matching competitively.
is there an official match list, or a link to the match day video?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i’ve been waiting since october y’all the struggle is real, it seems that UCR accepts a few ppl from each interview group about a month after their interviews, everyone else gets ghosted, last year on sdn they sent out waitlists late april and acceptances off the waitlist late may, so there is still hope for everyone who hasn’t heard yet!
 
I just dont understand if they’ve already reached the Nov people and it just happens that literally no one that has been contacted is on SDN or they really haven’t reviewed us yet. From what I saw, I don’t think any one from November has heard anything here unless I missed it
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just dont understand if they’ve already reached the Nov people and it just happens that literally no one that has been contacted is on SDN or they really haven’t reviewed us yet. From what I saw, I don’t think any one from November has heard anything here unless I missed it
yea I have! interviewed mid nov and got the call 1-2 weeks later