2022-2023 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
there’s still hope for everyone since they haven’t sent out waitlists yet!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a Haider applicant interviewed in November, and still haven't heard anything yet🤞! I don't know if this would ease some nerve but I found these statistics from their official Progress Report for the previous cycle 🤞
Screenshot_20230325_201909_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
I'm a Haider applicant interviewed in November, and still haven't heard anything yet! I don't know if this would ease some nerve but I found these statistics from their official Progress Report for the previous cycle
View attachment 368404

Also a haider applicant! Interviewed in mid-October and haven’t heard anything back I’m hoping we get some sort of update soon!!

Yall when will they give any sort of update cuz waiting 7 months after interviewing without any communications is kinda wild ngl

Reactions: 4 users
So basically from now onwards everyone is either put on a waitlist or rejected?

this is very late in the game but is it worth sending an update letter at this pt? lol are they even interviewing anymore?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone that has been waiting for a pre interview rejection hear anything yet?

For the Haider applicants still waiting for decision after interview, I found some more statistics from their EAP info sessions. But I think there's a mistake for the Regular Haider of 2020 cycle, as they accepted only 10 but ended up with 15 matriculants. So, I think they must have accepted 20 (typo maybe?) at least!
1679802642478.jpg

For the Haider applicants still waiting for decision after interview, I found some more statistics from their EAP info sessions. But I think there's a mistake for the Regular Haider of 2020 cycle, as they accepted only 10 but ended up with 15 matriculants. So, I think they must have accepted 20 (typo maybe?) at least!
View attachment 368830
Why would regular haider accept from the EAP of last year? Did the unsuccessful EAP apply again?

Why would regular haider accept from the EAP of last year? Did the unsuccessful EAP apply
[+12 from EAP 2020] means that the people who applied for EAP in 2020 are matriculating with the 2021 Haider class. The previous graph says [12 will enter 2021] which matches up with the next graph saying [+12 from EAP 2020].

Has anyone on this thread been accepted as a Haider Applicant yet??

Haider applicants rise up, UCR better respect its alumni… we paying tuition for 8 years fr fr

Reactions: 4 users
So for those haider applicants who interviewed, we have about a 50-60% chance of getting in!

Has anyone heard anything from financial aid in terms of scholarships or offers?

Will UCR continue to send out interview invites for applicants to be placed on the waitlist?

Will UCR continue to send out interview invites for applicants to be placed on the waitlist?
If you are on the waitlist, that means you interviewed already, and are waiting for an empty spot to matriculate this summer of 2023, for the class of 2027. There are no more interviews from this point forward.

On last years thread people were getting post II decisions end of april then getting off waitlist towards end of may 😭

Reactions: 2 users
I registered for the open house today but got called in for work this morning 🥲. Can anyone who attended the Open House ask/give any updates about their upcoming decision dates? Or just any new and interesting stuff that they're planning for the school? 🙏

Does UCR have established clinical rotations? I was told that they have been having recent issues with losing rotations at certain sites but unable to refute/confirm anywhere

Does UCR have established clinical rotations? I was told that they have been having recent issues with losing rotations at certain sites but unable to refute/confirm anywhere
I’m curious as to who told you that and what led them to believe this is true.

I mean I’d say it’s more sparse then say, Loma Linda but UCR has all the clinical rotations necessary, as it’s a LCME accredited program

Say I commit to enroll at a DO program, and then I hear back super late from UCR after already committing, can I withdraw from the do program and commit to the md program considering they are two different entities?

Say I commit to enroll at a DO program, and then I hear back super late from UCR after already committing, can I withdraw from the do program and commit to the md program considering they are two different entities?
yes even if you were committed to an MD program, you can always withdraw if you get off a waitlist or are waiting to hear back post interview.
only downside is the deposit for MD/DO school that you initially committed to, they usually do not return the deposits.

At the student panel at the Open House, they mentioned that getting an A is really random. One MS2 said that she interviewed in the Fall and got accepted late April and is from Corona, so there really is no telling how they go about it. So I say for those that interviewed and have not heard back yet, do not lose hope as UCR does get to students much later than most schools.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users