2022-2023 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II rejection just now. OOS Complete 10/19. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS pre-II R, complete 7/17. Really sad about this one :(

Nothing like getting the Pre-II R on a Wednesday at work from your top choice 🤪🤪 OOS complete July 18 LM 70 ORM

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
has anyone tried emailing/contacting the admissions advisor for feedback on their app after receiving a pre-ii R?

has anyone tried emailing/contacting the admissions advisor for feedback on their app after receiving a pre-ii R?
So last cycle I received my R in november after submitting early August. I emailed someone on the adcom after the cycle ended in July and introduced myself, and they were open to giving me feedback. It was very helpful and I was able to fix my essays (make it more focused with the schools missions/specific/etc). This year I received a II mid October after submitting in late July (OOS) and I do credit it to learning more about my shortcomings.

At this link they do talk about how they recommend reaching out to your own premed advisor and then their office! So I think you can email them to ask!

Members don't see this ad :)
In-state II this morning! Reapplicant, waitlisted here last year. So excited!!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Looks like the admissions twitter responded to someone and said earliest acceptances will start going out the week before Thanksgiving.

Looks like the admissions twitter responded to someone and said earliest acceptances will start going out the week before Thanksgiving.

This tracks with what I was told during the interview last week. Thanks for the update!

Anyone who has interviewed so far, do you have any idea how long it takes for decisions to be released?

Anyone who has interviewed so far, do you have any idea how long it takes for decisions to be released?

In the interview they tell you 4-8 weeks after your interview and if you haven't heard within 8 weeks then you are allowed to contact them.

Is each portion of UW-Madison's interview process virtual this year?

does anyone know acceptance rate for OOS students? looks like last year 313 were interviewed and 52 matriculated, but dont schools accept more people with the expectation that some students will choose to go elsewhere?

Has anyone here sent a letter of intent to schools they haven’t heard from yet? Wondering how effective they are

does anyone know acceptance rate for OOS students? looks like last year 313 were interviewed and 52 matriculated, but dont schools accept more people with the expectation that some students will choose to go elsewhere?
62.6% post-II according to that one spreadsheet from TheDataKing, but those are 2021 (I think) numbers

62.6% post-II according to that one spreadsheet from TheDataKing, but those are 2021 (I think) numbers

During my interview they said about 40% of interviewed IS applicants will get an A, and about 30% OOS applicants will get an A.

MSAR data from last year tracks. If I recall correctly it might be a little higher for IS.

Do you have a link?

Just a fun blasta-from-the-pasta (*edit* 2015):

2015-2016 University of Wisconsin Application Thread (scroll down to about halfway....)

Prior to 2017 wisconsin used to have ultra transparent stats on their website... I have no other link sorry!

• Love
During my interview they said about 40% of interviewed IS applicants will get an A, and about 30% OOS applicants will get an A.

MSAR data from last year tracks. If I recall correctly it might be a little higher for IS.

Just a fun blasta-from-the-pasta (*edit* 2015):

2015-2016 University of Wisconsin Application Thread (scroll down to about halfway....)

Prior to 2017 wisconsin used to have ultra transparent stats on their website... I have no other link sorry!
oooh 30%! not great but definitely could be worse. thank you for the info

Same!! It might be a good thing though because people are getting rejections so idk
n=1 but I got that email last year and ended up getting an II like a month later!! Hope y’all get one soon :)

n=1 but I got that email last year and ended up getting an II like a month later!! Hope y’all get one soon :)

Thanks for this! Guess there’s hope for us! I’m kinda surprised I wasn’t straight R tbh, I’m oos with not amazing stats BUT, I’m truly grateful to even be considered further.

• Love
oos II today, complete first week august!

Reactions: 2 users
Any other IS not hear anything yet? Starting to worry a little bit...

Reactions: 5 users
freaking out about decisions next week 😭

just needed to say that “out loud”

I'm not super confident I'll be in this admission batch, since I interviewed late October, but man oh man is the suspense exciting 😅.

I know WARM applicants in the past got admissions delivered by snail mail so it's a nice lil extra surprise.

My work productivity is in the toilet that's for sure.

i believe the ppl who interviewed the week before and the group i interviewed w are the only ones in this batch. and then end of oct ppl are next batch. i mean its a freaking miracle i got an interview to being with… but man i feel ya with the decline in productivity

I interviewed 10/20, the admission director mentioned of hearing decisions the week before or the week of Thanksgiving.

freaking out about decisions next week 😭

just needed to say that “out loud”

I was gonna ask this actually. Does "week before Thanksgiving" mean this coming week? Not the days immediately before Thanksgiving?

Now I am going to be stressing too haha!