You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Wisconsin
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
hotpotato98
Full Member
Pre-II rejection gang!! OOS URM
Last edited:
OOS pre-II R, complete 7/17. Really sad about this one 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
midwesty1996
Full Member
Nothing like getting the Pre-II R on a Wednesday at work from your top choice 🤪🤪 OOS complete July 18 LM 70 ORM
So last cycle I received my R in november after submitting early August. I emailed someone on the adcom after the cycle ended in July and introduced myself, and they were open to giving me feedback. It was very helpful and I was able to fix my essays (make it more focused with the schools missions/specific/etc). This year I received a II mid October after submitting in late July (OOS) and I do credit it to learning more about my shortcomings.has anyone tried emailing/contacting the admissions advisor for feedback on their app after receiving a pre-ii R?
MD Admissions - Reapplying to the MD Program - School of Medicine and Public Health
Read our advice for reapplying to the UW School of Medicine and Public Health's MD program and contact us with any remaining questions.
www.med.wisc.edu
At this link they do talk about how they recommend reaching out to your own premed advisor and then their office! So I think you can email them to ask!
blackcatCharlie
New Member
II just now, IS reapplicant!
When did you submit? I feel like there hasn't been a lot of IS IIs reported yetII just now, IS reapplicant!
blackcatCharlie
New Member
I submitted it on 8/25When did you submit? I feel like there hasn't been a lot of IS IIs reported yet
username1999
Full Member
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing stats?I submitted it on 8/25
elegantpancake
New Member
II this morning, submitted 8/25
Edit: IS applicant
Edit: IS applicant
In-state II this morning! Reapplicant, waitlisted here last year. So excited!!!
Looks like the admissions twitter responded to someone and said earliest acceptances will start going out the week before Thanksgiving.
This tracks with what I was told during the interview last week. Thanks for the update!
so close yet so farLooks like the admissions twitter responded to someone and said earliest acceptances will start going out the week before Thanksgiving.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Royalsquash
Full Member
Anyone who has interviewed so far, do you have any idea how long it takes for decisions to be released?
Anistole
Full Member
Anyone who has interviewed so far, do you have any idea how long it takes for decisions to be released?
In the interview they tell you 4-8 weeks after your interview and if you haven't heard within 8 weeks then you are allowed to contact them.
elegantpancake
New Member
Yes!Is each portion of UW-Madison's interview process virtual this year?
D
deleted1118591
62.6% post-II according to that one spreadsheet from TheDataKing, but those are 2021 (I think) numbersdoes anyone know acceptance rate for OOS students? looks like last year 313 were interviewed and 52 matriculated, but dont schools accept more people with the expectation that some students will choose to go elsewhere?
Learn To Swim!
Full Member
Do you have a link?62.6% post-II according to that one spreadsheet from TheDataKing, but those are 2021 (I think) numbers
62.6% post-II according to that one spreadsheet from TheDataKing, but those are 2021 (I think) numbers
During my interview they said about 40% of interviewed IS applicants will get an A, and about 30% OOS applicants will get an A.
MSAR data from last year tracks. If I recall correctly it might be a little higher for IS.
Do you have a link?
Just a fun blasta-from-the-pasta (*edit* 2015):
2015-2016 University of Wisconsin Application Thread (scroll down to about halfway....)
Prior to 2017 wisconsin used to have ultra transparent stats on their website... I have no other link sorry!
oooh 30%! not great but definitely could be worse. thank you for the infoDuring my interview they said about 40% of interviewed IS applicants will get an A, and about 30% OOS applicants will get an A.
MSAR data from last year tracks. If I recall correctly it might be a little higher for IS.
Just a fun blasta-from-the-pasta (*edit* 2015):
2015-2016 University of Wisconsin Application Thread (scroll down to about halfway....)
Prior to 2017 wisconsin used to have ultra transparent stats on their website... I have no other link sorry!
suspicioushistorian
New Member
IS "interview waitlist" just now. Complete 8/25
blendedspaghetti
Full Member
+1, anyone know the significance of this at UW? Soft R or Soft II?
notsurewho
Full Member
OOS R just now
IS "interview waitlist" just now. Complete 8/25
Same!! It might be a good thing though because people are getting rejections so idk
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
n=1 but I got that email last year and ended up getting an II like a month later!! Hope y’all get one soon 🙂Same!! It might be a good thing though because people are getting rejections so idk
cempasuchil
Full Member
Same!! It might be a good thing though because people are getting rejections so id
Got the same e-mail today. complete 7/31IS "interview waitlist" just now. Complete 8/25
n=1 but I got that email last year and ended up getting an II like a month later!! Hope y’all get one soon 🙂
Thanks for this! Guess there’s hope for us! I’m kinda surprised I wasn’t straight R tbh, I’m oos with not amazing stats BUT, I’m truly grateful to even be considered further.
lanadelpey
Full Member
Pre-II R yesterday, OOS, LM 75, complete mid July. Good luck to you all 🙂
yellowsun321
Full Member
Got a II today! Complete late July
premed2645
Full Member
IS II today! complete 8/25 🙂
lcm.md.mom
Full Member
Same!! Stressing hard about this one.Any other IS not hear anything yet? Starting to worry a little bit...
username1999
Full Member
+1Same!! Stressing hard about this one.
Royalsquash
Full Member
freaking out about decisions next week [emoji24]
just needed to say that “out loud”
When did you interview?
mid oct! should hear back this coming week and i have the panicsWhen did you interview?
I'm not super confident I'll be in this admission batch, since I interviewed late October, but man oh man is the suspense exciting 😅.
I know WARM applicants in the past got admissions delivered by snail mail so it's a nice lil extra surprise.
My work productivity is in the toilet that's for sure.
I know WARM applicants in the past got admissions delivered by snail mail so it's a nice lil extra surprise.
My work productivity is in the toilet that's for sure.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed 10/20, the admission director mentioned of hearing decisions the week before or the week of Thanksgiving.
yea that is when i interviewed!I interviewed 10/20, the admission director mentioned of hearing decisions the week before or the week of Thanksgiving.
Anistole
Full Member
freaking out about decisions next week 😭
just needed to say that “out loud”
I was gonna ask this actually. Does "week before Thanksgiving" mean this coming week? Not the days immediately before Thanksgiving?
Now I am going to be stressing too haha!
Anistole
Full Member
thats how i interpreted it 🧐
as in this coming monday!!!!
MSAR does say 11/14 so that would make sense...... fingers crossed for us all!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 929
- Views
- 270K