Hey guys! I was just looking for some feedback on my chances of getting into vet school (obviously haha). I'm currently in my second year of undergrad as an Animal and Veterinary Science major and Wildlife Biology minor but with my amount of hours I am technically a junior i guess. I'll be applying to vet school this coming rotation, and while i'm not expecting to get in early I'd really love to.
Cumulative GPA: 3.65
Science GPA: 3.5 (still have 4 more science classes to finish up before applying so this will hopefully get better)
Not sure of my last 45 yet cause i'm not done with it 🙂
I've only taken a practice GRE but i got a 151 for math and a 158 for verbal, not great but it was my first go at it.
I have about 600 hours with two different small animal vets combined, and 200 with a large animal vet. I'm gonna have more hours with the small animal vet by the time i apply (probably like 200). Both small animal vets have really great recommendation letters for me. In addition I have about 600 hours worth of large animal experience through my time with my schools dairy science club/show team and being a TA for a livestock showmanship class, and another 400 hours of exotic animal experience doing an internship at Riverbanks Zoo (worked with elephants, giraffe, zebra, tapir, etc.). I am doing research with a PhD student studying golden lion tamarin behavior as well. I doubt this counts but I also have a lot of experience training dogs, I've taken several obedience classes with my border collie.
Finally, I'm also involved in a lot of clubs. I am active on the Dairy Show Team and in the club itself and will be running for show chair this spring. I am a member of Chi Omega, Tigers for Tigers club, and the Pre-vet club. I also tutored for my schools academic success program for biology and chemistry.
I will be applying to UGA, Mississippi State, and Tuskegee. I go to Clemson right now so I am not technically in-state, but all three of these schools have seats for a certain number of south carolina students to have instate tuition.
I think that covers everything about me! Thanks for your feedback!!