2009-2010 Saint Louis Unversity (SLU) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God! I just got accepted!

First acceptance, and I will definetely be coming.

MCAT:33
GPA: 3.78 BCPM and 3.8 All
WL: 2/26

Wow Forven, big congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the process once you are accepted? Aside from the $100 deposit? Are we suppose to snail mail back the form they attached in the email?

Sent Using Tapatalk

What is the process once you are accepted? Aside from the $100 deposit? Are we suppose to snail mail back the form they attached in the email?

Sent Using Tapatalk

Yeah, mail the form back along with the $100 deposit.

Oh, and for anyone else wondering about stats: (I hope it helps)

OOS
MCAT: 33R
Undergrad GPA: 2.7
Post Bac GPA: 4.0
W/L: 3/5
Accepted: 6/11 7:20am PT by email. No phone call :( but still. :D :D

First acceptance. God is good! :D

Last edited:
Way to go on all these acceptances. Seems like good luck to post in this thread. Hope I'm next.

Good luck to everyone else still on W/L!! This forum provided some sanity for me during the waiting process. Thanks to all of you! I really mean it!

Sent Using Tapatalk

seems like the waitlist is moving really fast...so don't give up hope guys!

FYI, after I was WL'ed I sent in two update letters about why I want to go SLU (one immediate and one last week) and why I thought it would be a good place for me. I mentioned that if I were accepted I would attend 100%. I also sent an update about research. Additionally I had the two doctors I was currently working with send in letters of recommendation (above and beyond the req'd letters or rec)

All in all, five letters with my name on it was received by the ADCOM after I was WL'ed...

basically what I am saying is...send in those interest letters, and get people you are currently working with to send in letters on your behalf! You never know...

Following the spirit of Forven:

I actually did not send anything after I was WL. I wasn't sure what I was suppose to do actually. I did reply back with strong interest to SLU's email to everyone on the WL.

Last week I did send a Letter of Interest (not Intent) giving school specific reasons as to why I wanted to attend SLU. Being an OOS student, I also wrote about how I think I can fit into the Midwest/Southern environment. Lastly, I also just reiterate, in a short paragraph, why I want to be a doctor and what I will do once I am a doctor.

I didn't have an update since I have pretty much been doing the same work I was doing when I applied.

I have no idea of the Letter of Interest helped, but if it's well written it can't hurt.

I am glad SLU's WL is moving along so well!

Good luck to everyone else still on W/L!! This forum provided some sanity for me during the waiting process. Thanks to all of you! I really mean it!

Sent Using Tapatalk

I completely agree... I was just accepted today as well (first acceptance), and there are few people outside of this circle that truly understand how difficult this process can be. Its always nice to know you're not alone. Best of luck to those still waiting. Don't give up yet.

Interviewed 2/17
Waitlisted 3/26
Accepted 6/11

Members don't see this ad :)
Just letting you guys know, I got in somewhere else and am going to ask to be taken off the WL tommorrow. Hope it helps

got my banner id and screnname today.

password change and google apps login not working, but myslu is... anyone else run into this?

PS- does anyone know of a group or forum to find housing/roommates? I can't find anything with more than 10 members..

PS- does anyone know of a group or forum to find housing/roommates? I can't find anything with more than 10 members..

congrats on the acceptance!

if you look a few posts up you will see a facebook group link.

had to sign a lease so im gonna withdraw from the waitlist :( congrats on those getting accepted!!!

Oh, and for anyone else wondering about stats: (I hope it helps)

OOS
MCAT: 33R
Undergrad GPA: 2.7
Post Bac GPA: 4.0
W/L: 3/5
Accepted: 6/11 7:20am PT by email. No phone call :( but still. :D :D

First acceptance. God is good! :D

Well my stats are 35MCAT, 3.3 Undergrad, and 4.0 post bacc. Wonder if that is good news that you got in, seeing as we are similar stats. Congrats to all...... I'll keep my fingers crossed even as I dump sweat and tears into the 2011 application cycle.

woot woot...

Got in Saint Louis last week, was away. But too late now. Chose Canadian school over US....

God is great.

Last edited:
anyone know if SLU grades are P/F? or do we get letter grades? also do you know if there is a class rank?

thx!

There is the housing forum which is mentioned above, but that doesn't seem all that popular. Your best bet is the Facebook group for the class of 2014:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=190725036918&ref=search
The SLU housing website does a good job breaking down areas of STL.

anyone know if SLU grades are P/F? or do we get letter grades? also do you know if there is a class rank?

thx!

I was told that the first two years are P/F but ranked (though the students said ranks really don't matter all the much). The rotations are high honors/honors/pass/fail I believe (though there may be a low pass in there... I can't remember).

So has the list stopped moving? Have all the positions been filled?

So has the list stopped moving? Have all the positions been filled?

It seems like the flow has slowed...probably dropping to a trickle now as occasional individuals leave and another is accepted.

I am still waiting on another school myself, so good news with regards to that other school could mean good news for one of you as well for this school.

Last edited:
It seems like the flow has slowed...probably dropping to a trickle now as occasional individuals leave and another is accepted.

I am still waiting on another school myself, so good news with regards to that other school could mean good news for one of you as well for this school.

yea, i liked SLU alot, in fact, my only qualm about the school is its location (not for safety reasons, im just a fan of the east coast, i'd like to stay within 4-5 hours of home)

however, i haven't heard anything from other schools, so it looks like i will be attending SLU..now i just need a roomie or 2, an apt, and a sugar mama to pay the tuition and ill be all set

I just got accepted!!!! It's my first acceptance and I am totally freaking out right now!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I just got accepted!!!! It's my first acceptance and I am totally freaking out right now!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

YaaaaaaAayyyyyyyy!!!!

I guess this answers our questions about the waiting list not moving.

YaaaaaaAayyyyyyyy!!!!

I guess this answers our questions about the waiting list not moving.

Thanks!! Yeah I was with everyone else this morning, completely losing hope and making plans for the year. Just had to turn down a job offer and they called back to congratulate me, ha! Anyway the lesson is don't lose hope. Now I have to figure out where I will be living and plan a move from Seattle in a months time!!

Thanks!! Yeah I was with everyone else this morning, completely losing hope and making plans for the year. Just had to turn down a job offer and they called back to congratulate me, ha! Anyway the lesson is don't lose hope. Now I have to figure out where I will be living and plan a move from Seattle in a months time!!

congrats buddy! GO CELEBRATE!!!!

Congrats! Enjoy the moment. It's tough not to lose hope this late, but I suppose it's best to stay positive. Hopefully I receive similar news next week!

Congrats!!

Yeah, planning the move is quite a bit of work. But it's the kinda work we want! I am looking for a place myself. Got someone else, but anyone else here would like to join to look for a 3 bedroom place is welcome to join! Makes utilities prices and such cheaper. :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

How are you guys planning the cross-country trip? U-Haul it all the way, or just fly with a few articles of clothing and buy the rest once you're there?

Congrats!!

Yeah, planning the move is quite a bit of work. But it's the kinda work we want! I am looking for a place myself. Got someone else, but anyone else here would like to join to look for a 3 bedroom place is welcome to join! Makes utilities prices and such cheaper. :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thanks and good luck! My boyfriend and I are going to go down to STL for 2 days in a few weeks to find a place. It is going to be crazy but I am not complaining!!:D

How are you guys planning the cross-country trip? U-Haul it all the way, or just fly with a few articles of clothing and buy the rest once you're there?

The plan right now is to pack up our car with the essentials (read: computers, clothes, and the trusty cat) and drive down. We are also have the movers pick up the big stuff but we are keeping that to a minimum and buying some stuff when we get there. Good luck!:thumbup:

My mom, grandma, and sister are driving with me from California to help me get settled... we'll see if I have any room in my car left! I'm buying everything else out there and possibly shipping a few boxes. The U-Haul option was extremely expensive.

Congrats to those recently accepted!

Hey question for all you waitlisted-turned-accepted people...did you turn in your income verification forms before the deadline, i.e. while you were just waitlisted? Just wondering...

Hey question for all you waitlisted-turned-accepted people...did you turn in your income verification forms before the deadline, i.e. while you were just waitlisted? Just wondering...

I just did it 2 weeks ago. Took em about a week and a half to get it in the system. Just mail it and release your FAFSA info, should be np.

OMG, I just got accepted via email a couple hours ago. It was my first acceptance, such a relief. For those interested I am OOS with 3.56 GPA and 36 MCAT. I sent in a strong letter of intent a few weeks ago stating that I would absolutely attend if accepted and why I though I would be a good fit at SLU. Dont give up hope if your still on the waitlist!

OMG, I just got accepted via email a couple hours ago. It was my first acceptance, such a relief. For those interested I am OOS with 3.56 GPA and 36 MCAT. I sent in a strong letter of intent a few weeks ago stating that I would absolutely attend if accepted and why I though I would be a good fit at SLU. Dont give up hope if your still on the waitlist!

:soexcited::highfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.