2017-2018 University of Texas - Houston (McGovern)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have advice on how long it really takes to get to the airport after your interview? They say the day wraps up at 3:30 - is a 7:30 flight out of IAH reasonable?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have advice on how long it really takes to get to the airport after your interview? They say the day wraps up at 3:30 - is a 7:30 flight out of IAH reasonable?

Thanks!
Very possible I want to say it was about a 30 or so minute drive

Last edited:

Thanks!

Just wondering, did you receive an interview invite recently? or was it from a while ago

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks!

The interview ends before Houston rush hour traffic begins so you should be fine

Does anyone know how pre-match works if you IV here after November 15? Do they offer pre-match anytime before Match Day or would it be unlikely to get one?

Does anyone know how pre-match works if you IV here after November 15? Do they offer pre-match anytime before Match Day or would it be unlikely to get one?
Prematch offers can be sent out anytime between November 15-December 31. If you interview during that time frame, you can still get one. If you interview after December 31, the earliest you can hear anything would be match or post-February 1 during waitlist movement.

II this morning! Very excited for the opportunity to interview at this great school!

Reactions: 1 users
II this morning! Very excited for the opportunity to interview at this great school!

Congratulations! Do you mind letting us know what day you submitted your application, and what your LizzyM was?

I'm out of state submitted my application almost deadline to UT houston, UTMB, UTSA and Tulane. Do I have a chance to be accepted, my GPA is 3.96 and MCAT 516. I have a good EC's shadow and volunteer.
I'm OOS and have almost identical stats and received interviews to UTSA and Houston. I submitted earlier in the cycle but definitely don't count yourself out!

I'm OOS and have almost identical stats and received interviews to UTSA and Houston. I submitted earlier in the cycle but definitely don't count yourself out!
I got a response from UT Houston last week and UTSA this week that my applications are under review.... hoping for an interview and most important is to be accepted......You made it and what school? Thanks,

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
congrats!!! Mine I'm still waiting for II if they'll call me. TMDSAS transmitted to schools 10/20 LizzyM 74.80
That's a great lizzym! Best of luck my friend, hoping you get an II soon! :)

II this morning, the same 4 dates as above. LizzyM~70 and URM. I was complete in the middle of September.

II today as well! lizzy M no where near 70 lol so don't lose hope guys!

Reactions: 3 users
This is my dream school I hope I get an interview

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not sure if I'll receive an II ?
The most recent posts here had early Dec available, there's still time. I also wouldn't be surprised if they added an interview day or two since Houston was essentially shut down for Harvey.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

does anyone know if mcgovern considers letters of intent?

Is it too late to hear from this school about II if you are an OOS student?

Had to change my interview date due to conflicts with other inteviews, but they let me change it to some day in January

Still have not heard anything from this school. Getting discouraged tbh. :(

Is it too late to hear from this school about II if you are an OOS student?
same in here I did not hear anything...I received an email last month under review........... I'm OOS too.

Prematch at midnight?

Any chance OOS people will hear tomorrow as well?

ACCEPTED! Totally wasn’t expecting this one! Woohoo!

Reactions: 10 users
Accepted just now!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Omfg prematch!!! Did not see this one coming....

Reactions: 2 users
Prematch!! After silence from the other schools last night/this morning I was feeling pretty discouraged, but McGovern is my top choice!! So so excited!

Pre-matched at 10:00am!

Is there an accepted students page?

Prematch at 10:02!! These staggered prematches are throwing me for a loop

Prematch at 10:19... so grateful. I loved this school on interview day

Received acceptance around 10:45...my friend got his offer around 10:30.