2018-2019 Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long do most people (on average, I know it varies for everyone) stay in holistic review?
they don't reject until almost the end of the cycle (when they are done inviting for interviews) so you can be in it until then

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
that's fun
:rofl:

(really though, I'm crying inside)

This school is a crazy reach for me, so I'm positive I'll be rejected and I'd really rather they just get it over with!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How long do most people (on average, I know it varies for everyone) stay in holistic review?

I don’t think holistic means much. I’ve been in it for ~6 weeks by now with no response. Haha

Reactions: 6 users
Just went under holistic review! I submitted my app on 7/27.

Reactions: 1 users
Would anyone be willing to review (and/or swap, if I'm not the last one) secondary essays for Northwestern? Really struggling with these for some reason.

Would anyone be willing to review (and/or swap, if I'm not the last one) secondary essays for Northwestern? Really struggling with these for some reason.

Willing to take a look if you PM me! Not a current student but do have an II here coming

Is there supposed to be a check in the box next to "holistic review" or does no check mean that I am still under review?

Is there supposed to be a check in the box next to "holistic review" or does no check mean that I am still under review?

Mine was checked so pretty sure that means they just haven't gotten to your application yet.

Reactions: 1 user
complete 7/30 and finally in holistic review today, FYI

:rofl:

(really though, I'm crying inside)

This school is a crazy reach for me, so I'm positive I'll be rejected and I'd really rather they just get it over with!
You and me both.

You and me both.
In holistic review since 7/11. It would be very kind of them to just send me the rejection I knew was coming when I provided my donation filled out a secondary :p

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone complete around 7/25 who still isn't in holistic review?

II today! Complete 7/10, been in holistic review since mid/late July. So relieved since I was sure I'd been passed over by this point!

Reactions: 7 users
II today! Complete 7/10, been in holistic review since mid/late July. So relieved since I was sure I'd been passed over by this point!
Congrats! Would you mind sharing what dates are available so we can get an idea of how far along the process they are?

Congrats! Would you mind sharing what dates are available so we can get an idea of how far along the process they are?

Sure! They offered me a bunch of dates in early October. In terms of days of the week, I believe Tues, Wed and Fri were represented.

Sure! They offered me a bunch of dates in early October. In terms of days of the week, I believe Tues, Wed and Fri were represented.
yayy sounds like not too many IIs have gone out yet, hopefully, more to come!

Reactions: 3 users
finally in holistic review 5 weeks after complete! dont know how to feel about this but at least something happened!

Submitted 9/5 and immediately went into holistic review. I'm guessing I just got lucky and they were ready to start reviewing a new batch of applications.

Hmm... I was complete on 8/10 but not in holistic review yet... anyone in the same boat?

I was complete 7/31 and only got put in holistic review this past Wednesday (9/5)

I've been in holistic review for a few weeks now. Do they send out rejections or is silence basically a rejection?

Made it out of holistic review yesterday. Complete 7/25. Really interested in the program here!

I've been in holistic review for a few weeks now. Do they send out rejections or is silence basically a rejection?
I'm in the same boat but there have been people in this thread who have been in holistic review since mid July and have gotten II's so there is hope!

Made it out of holistic review yesterday. Complete 7/25. Really interested in the program here!
What’s after holistic review? Sorry if this has been posted already.

does northwestern accept updates?

Recently interviewed there and a candidate asked this question. Their response was oddly ambiguous. It seemed like it was a "Yes, but only significant updates." I wouldn't be surprised if my interpretation was wrong, so I'd love another person's input

I don't know, I submitted my secondary app on 7/27. I didn't really check any school's secondary page after submission, so I couldn't tell you when holistic review was.

in holistic review either last night or this morning :nailbiting:

is northwestern receptive of updates and if so how do we submit them?

II today!!! Was in holistic review for over two months

Reactions: 8 users
Can anyone advise on scheduling back to back interviews? One of the dates I can choose from is the day after a state school interview? I'm not sure if I'll have the energy to knockout two with 48 hours especially when the second is this school.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Can anyone advise on scheduling back to back interviews? One of the dates I can choose from is the day after a state school interview? I'm not sure if I'll have the energy to knockout two with 48 hours especially when the second is this school.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

depends on travel tbh. I have a few scheduled back-to-back but the interview days are organized such that I won't be cutting it close either way (having to leave one early for example). I don't think there's anything wrong with scheduling them apart if you feel more comfortable doing that. Always want to give the best impression possible right