2018-2019 Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 user
Just got the hold for interview email.....crazy...just cut the cra* and let me loose....it’s March after all

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!! interviewed mid-November!!!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Speak of the devil. Post-II hold, II in January.

RIP to my cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted today! First acceptance! interviewed mid January! email came this morning!

Reactions: 11 users
Does PSU do silent rejection? How late do they extend interview invitations?

Members don't see this ad :)
pre interview hold today - so weird. Its so late lol Im just confused

Just got accepted off the waitlist! Top choice school, still can't believe I got in here. Interviewed September 19th.

Reactions: 14 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist! Top choice school, still can't believe I got in here. Interviewed September 19th.
Did you do anything after being put on the waitlist? Like call or send any updates, etc.?

Did you do anything after being put on the waitlist? Like call or send any updates, etc.?
Nope, I've been continuing the same activities that I'd been doing since I interviewed there, so I didn't really have any updates to give them, so I didn't call them or anything.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know how strict they are concerning senior year undergrad grades? In the accepted applicant portal it says something like, "Maintain satisfactory achievement in remaining coursework" does that mean A's? Nothing below a B-? No C's or C+'s?

Does anyone know if there's a way to withdraw your application? I got put on hold for continued review yesterday, but I already have other As for schools I liked more, and at this point I don't really want to go here if they don't like me enough to offer me an interview outright...

Does anyone know if there's a way to withdraw your application? I got put on hold for continued review yesterday, but I already have other As for schools I liked more, and at this point I don't really want to go here if they don't like me enough to offer me an interview outright...
I think you would need to email them to withdraw your application.

I emailed them asking to withdraw about a week ago, but (unlike other schools) they never responded to confirm receipt. Also no change to the portal. So I dunno, maybe you have to call. I don't care enough lol

Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, when you say waitlist, do you mean the "Committee Hold" or were you given a notice specifically about being on the waitlist?

Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, when you say waitlist, do you mean the "Committee Hold" or were you given a notice specifically about being on the waitlist?
Thank you! The email I had from the waitlist says committee hold, I assumed that from the description that they were the same thing. I wasn't informed outright that I was on the waitlist outside of that email though if that answers your question.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you! The email I had from the waitlist says committee hold, I assumed that from the description that they were the same thing. I wasn't informed outright that I was on the waitlist outside of that email though if that answers your question.
Yes it does, thank you so much!

Just got an II?? Lmao last week I emailed them to withdraw my app and they never replied.

Will probably decline. LM 67, complete early Aug, was never on hold.

Edit: dates available are 3/20 and 3/22.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Just got an II?? Lmao last week I emailed them to withdraw my app and they never replied.

Will probably decline. LM 67, complete early Aug, was never on hold.

Edit: dates available are 3/20 and 3/22.
Tell them they can send that II my way lol

Reactions: 6 users
just got an interview after being put on hold, 2 dates left

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
That is great :) But there are people here who have been on hold since September. Sorry I should have been more specific in my question.

Any current MSTP students here available to answer a few admissions Qs?

For those that interviewed, was it 1 interview with 2 faculty members or 2 seperate interviews with 1 faculty member each

For those that interviewed, was it 1 interview with 2 faculty members or 2 seperate interviews with 1 faculty member each

everyone in my group had both of their interviews with faculty (mine personally was with a community physician and a basic scientist)

Put on hold last week II today. IS. Probably not attending

Reactions: 3 users
I guess only people who are IS with hold are being offered interviews at this time?

Reactions: 3 users