2018-2019 Saint Louis University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also got my first acceptance!! Can't even believe this is real!!! :bigtears:

Interviewed on 9/18

Congrats!! Were you notified by email?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted today, interviewed 9/25. How bad is this news? Do they tend to have decent movement?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Interviewed on 10/01. So excited about their vaccine research!

Reactions: 6 users
Is there a facebook page yet for accepted and when does that usually come out?

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted today, interviewed 9/25. How bad is this news? Do they tend to have decent movement?
I've heard that schools waitlist more this year and plan for more movement due to the new AAMC policies but can't say for sure :/

Whoa they are fast this year! I was expecting a 6 week turnaround like last year.
Great now I’m anxious...
Congrats to everyone that got accepted!

Hi guys, I'm new in this thread! Anyone else who had their application under review early August has recently heard back from them? I got mine under review since 08/07 and haven't heard back at all Lol Congratulations to all those accepted !!! :D

Hi guys, I'm new in this thread! Anyone else who had their application under review early August has recently heard back from them? I got mine under review since 08/07 and haven't heard back at all Lol Congratulations to all those accepted !!! :D

Not related but I love your username/photo

anybody else interview 10/1 and not hear back? is that bad news in light of the acceptances posted yesterday? :'(

Same, mine was actually under review on the same date. It sounds like everybody who got IIs recently were complete around mid-July, at least from what I can tell from this thread.

Same, mine was actually under review on the same date. It sounds like everybody who got IIs recently were complete around mid-July, at least from what I can tell from this thread.
I have been under review since July. I sent an update about a week ago.

So if I was complete 8/7 I've probably been passed up and the R is coming later?
I honestly have no idea. I mean there's still plenty of time for IIs to go out, so I am choosing to remain optimistic.

I honestly have no idea. I mean there's still plenty of time for IIs to go out, so I am choosing to remain optimistic.
Good call, I couldn't really tell through the thread where they are in line, if they are going in order.

Good call, I couldn't really tell through the thread where they are in line, if they are going in order.
Tons of people received interviews last cycle October-February that were complete in July. It's still early in the cycle and they'll keep reviewing applications until the end.

Reactions: 1 users
So if I was complete 8/7 I've probably been passed up and the R is coming later?
My II came 10/10 and I was complete 7/10. 3 months. I have no idea how they move thru apps, but stay patient and don't give up until it actually gets close to the end of interview season. Still relatively early.

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
My II came 10/10 and I was complete 7/10. 3 months. I have no idea how they move thru apps, but stay patient and don't give up until it actually gets close to the end of interview season. Still relatively early.

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile
Tons of people received interviews last cycle October-February that were complete in July. It's still early in the cycle and they'll keep reviewing applications until the end.

Appreciate it

Does anyone have hotel recommendations? The admissions office gave me like a huge list of hotels and I'm not sure which one to pick. Close distance to the medical school is a priority for me so I don't have to get up too early before my interview ;)

Does anyone have hotel recommendations? The admissions office gave me like a huge list of hotels and I'm not sure which one to pick. Close distance to the medical school is a priority for me so I don't have to get up too early before my interview ;)
I stayed at the union station pear tree inn and liked it!

Do you think it’s too late to add this school? Not sure why I didn’t initially.

Not too many hotels within walking distance of the med school, but as someone said above union station hotel is huge and really nice, otherwise theres chase park plaza in CWE and i think a holiday express there as well. Those ones are pretty nice, but probably pricey

One of the nice things about STL is that everything is close. So as long as you stay in a hotel that is in St. Louis (as opposed to west county or something) you should be no more than like 12 minutes away from campus.

I just got an II today, and when I looked at the available dates the only ones listed were October 29th and 30th, and nothing for the rest of the cycle. Anyone else see this or is this a fluke? I can't make either of those days so I really hope they have other options

I just got an II today, and when I looked at the available dates the only ones listed were October 29th and 30th, and nothing for the rest of the cycle. Anyone else see this or is this a fluke? I can't make either of those days so I really hope they have other options
Looks like you were offered cancellation dates. Call them and ask

What time do the interview days start? I got an email after I scheduled saying they'd let me know once they assigned an interviewer, so does the start time differ for everyone? It says they do a tour and lunch and that is from 10:40-1, but I don't think the interview occurs at this time as well.

What time do the interview days start? I got an email after I scheduled saying they'd let me know once they assigned an interviewer, so does the start time differ for everyone? It says they do a tour and lunch and that is from 10:40-1, but I don't think the interview occurs at this time as well.

Your interview will either be before or after the tour/lunch block, not during. Mine was pretty early (lowkey grateful for that; less stress throughout the day). If yours is early like mine, you get some down time before the tour/lunch begins to chill in a waiting room with some of the other early interview applicants.

Your interview will either be before or after the tour/lunch block, not during. Mine was pretty early (lowkey grateful for that; less stress throughout the day). If yours is early like mine, you get some down time before the tour/lunch begins to chill in a waiting room with some of the other early interview applicants.
How long before your interview day did you find out the time of your interview?