2018-2019 Touro University (Henderson, Nevada)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invite this morning! Hopefully they accept the date I requested lol.

I'm still kind of confused by the application process if anyone could elaborate.

So, I completed my secondary and submitted it. I've got a confirmation email that they've received it. But the email says I'd receive a notification when my transcripts/LORs are received. Do I need to manually send them anything? Or is this just the "wait while we get to downloading your app" stage?

There is a recommendations section on the app, but in their secondary request email, they state that its not required to complete it.

Does anyone know the post-interview acceptance?

It's been asked on this thread before but I didn't see a response. Thanks in advance

Does anyone know the post-interview acceptance?

It's been asked on this thread before but I didn't see a response. Thanks in advance

I googled this and found a google doc that shows 65% but it doesn’t specify NV or NY (there is a separate column for CA). Keep in mind Touro will accept more than 181 students because some decline their offer. Hope this helps

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete 8/28, and then under final review 10/21. It took a while lol.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. I submitted my app last year around the same time, in review in Nov, final review in Dec, and II in Jan.

Current students, when do classes / orientation begin for first years?
August?

Can any current students tell me if we need to purchase our own laptop? I read the minimum specifications for buying a new laptop, but I also read in the student handbook that TUN issues a laptop to each student. Which one of these is true?

For students going to TUNCOM, what do you feel are the major selling points of this COM?
Board scores?
Location?
Facilities?
Rotations?
Match rate?

Can any current students tell me if we need to purchase our own laptop? I read the minimum specifications for buying a new laptop, but I also read in the student handbook that TUN issues a laptop to each student. Which one of these is true?

You can purchase your own laptop. Last year they issued laptops to students but this year you bring your own. The guidelines recommended that you have a new laptop but I have been able to get by just fine with a MacBook Air that I bought in 2016.

Current students, when do classes / orientation begin for first years?
August?

Orientation started on July 30th and was 5 days (the last day is a volunteer/community service day) and then we had white coat the following Monday and started classes the next day on August 7th.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll be at sunset station later today for tomorrow's interview. If anyone wants to hang out lmk

does this school put a lot of weight on volunteering?

Hey guys I'm interviewing on 12/4. Question, are parents and family members allowed or no at the interview or no?

Hey guys I'm interviewing on 12/4. Question, are parents and family members allowed or no at the interview or no?

I’m interviewing that day too. I’m assuming not, the day is full of things to do for prospective students so I’m sure that other people wouldn’t be allowed.

I'm still kind of confused by the application process if anyone could elaborate.

So, I completed my secondary and submitted it. I've got a confirmation email that they've received it. But the email says I'd receive a notification when my transcripts/LORs are received. Do I need to manually send them anything? Or is this just the "wait while we get to downloading your app" stage?

There is a recommendations section on the app, but in their secondary request email, they state that its not required to complete it.

Hey, current student here, if you haven't received a notification that your transcripts/LOR's have been received, then I'd send them an email or call. Last year I submitted in July, but my app was missing something (I can't remember what was missing), and I sent it to them in August but never received confirmation. In December, I followed up with them via email and they had all my app materials but didn't have my app marked as complete. I was put on the interview waitlist in January and received an interview invite on the last interview day at the end of May. Long story short, it's better to follow up early than wait like I did.

"App Received" Email on 8/15
"Your App is in Review" Email on 10/10
Heard nothing from them since!! Anyone else working with a similar timeline? Is it best to just keep waiting?

Also, does anyone know if this school accepts pre-II updates/letters of interest?

Heard nothing from them since!! Anyone else working with a similar timeline? Is it best to just keep waiting?

Also, does anyone know if this school accepts pre-II updates/letters of interest?

It took 3 months for me to get the final review and II so I would say be patient!

I have no idea about pre II updates so contact the admissions office.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone remember this school's grading system (letters, p/f, numerical)? I can't seem to find this info on their student handbook or website and I don't remember what they said during the interview. Is it similar to Touro CA (numerical grades and GPA)?

Does anyone remember this school's grading system (letters, p/f, numerical)? I can't seem to find this info on their student handbook or website and I don't remember what they said during the interview. Is it similar to Touro CA (numerical grades and GPA)?

We get numerical grades.

Has anyone that was supposed to hear by Dec 10 heard anything today?

WE DID IT!! - Just received the acceptance email. Interviewed November 28th.

Got into the school I wanted, so I’ll be passing on my II to one of y’all! Good luck!

ACCEPTED TODAY! So relieved. First acceptance of the cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
II today. OOS LizzyM ~63. Declined because I got in elsewhere but hopefully it goes to one of yall!

Does anyone know if there is an accepted students or "Class of 2023" Facebook group or anything like that? I was accepted a few months ago, and I've started looking into housing options. Housing is more expensive than what I'm used to, so I'd like to look into getting a roommate or two.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if there is an accepted students or "Class of 2023" Facebook group or anything like that? I was accepted a few months ago, and I've started looking into housing options. Housing is more expensive than what I'm used to, so I'd like to look into getting a roommate or two.
I was told some sort of housing forum would be set up in January or February but don't have much more info than that. I'm coming from the Bay Area so housing is ridiculously cheap from my perspective. Funny how that works!

Also in same boat as you, app received late august and app in review early november

I was told some sort of housing forum would be set up in January or February but don't have much more info than that. I'm coming from the Bay Area so housing is ridiculously cheap from my perspective. Funny how that works!

Hi, current first year here. Congratulations to everyone on your acceptances, and welcome to the TUN fam :)

For our class, we had a Facebook page set up with plenty of time for everyone to find roommates. I can tell you what apartment complexes most of us live at also, if you send me a PM I can answer anything you need to know about moving to Hendo and starting at TUN! Our last final is today so I've got a week before the grind starts again, hit me up if you have any questions, and again congratulations!

Can any current 3rd/4th years speak about the strength of the rotations here?

Can any current 3rd/4th years speak about the strength of the rotations here?
I’m a current resident and graduate of TUN, but I felt I had solid rotations a few years ago. No major issues and you can stay in LV area or do aways where you please. Not sure if anything has changed with the new dean or with UNLV opening (Although I don’t think that will make much of an impact).

Thats what my Lizzy score is as well but idk how accurate mine is because I have a really strong upward trend (90 credits). Just be patient, everything happens for a reason! From what I hear, the waitlist moves fast!!
I was just curious about where you heard the waitlist moves fast at this school!

I'm late to the thread and sorry if someone has posted this information before.

I'm a first year in TUN's DO class of 2022.

The new dean seems to be a great addition to TUN. I recommend those interested to look him up.

Here's his TED talk if you're interested:

My understanding is that there are talks of changing the rotation schedules up, especially the tracks into specialties. I've heard the tracts sound better than they are..

It seems like the rotation schedules are going to be changed to allow for more elective rotations so that students can audition at more places. Hopefully this is the case.

Overall, TUN seems to be on the right path.

Best of luck to those still trying to get in.

Interview invite today! Is it getting to the waitlist point of interviews for here or is there plenty of time?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.