2018-2019 Touro University (Henderson, Nevada)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that the experience with interviews was so different for us. What made it stressful if you don’t mind me asking? I guess I would expect more consistency

The type of ethical questions & facial expressions throughout I guess

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The type of ethical questions & facial expressions throughout I guess
Your confidence level! Be prepared for " How did you handle the worst mistake of your life?".
Ethical questions range about your current knowledge of Physician assisted end of Life issues.
When was it that you realized that Medicine WAS your career?
Some of them have no wrong or right answers..but they want to know your views....

Sent from my SM-J730GM using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
$1000?!?!
Where are you getting this $1000 quote?
I don't specifically have an interview here (yet!), but with the interviews I have, the cost is <$400 for flights and hotel, and <$150 expenses.

Overall I expect to spend a little over $500 per interview.
Wow that’s great for you!
I go to a rural undergrad, and the cheapest flight I could find was $700 round trip! I just guesstimated $300 on hotel for 2-3 nights!

How long did it take people from the under review email to getting a decision?
I submitted my secondary in late July.
"Secondary received and under review" email 8/1.
Another "under review" email on 8/15.
"Under final review" email today 9/19.
I don't know how I feel about these emails. On one hand I like that they tell me that my app was not just forgotten, but on the other hand the suspense is real lol.

Wow that’s great for you!
I go to a rural undergrad, and the cheapest flight I could find was $700 round trip! I just guesstimated $300 on hotel for 2-3 nights!
You should try using google flights on Monday. That is when they have the cheapest flights listed. Hotels, I find that looking on google maps "Choice Hotel" option usually gives the cheapest rates (lower than the rate that each school supposedly negotiated with the hotels). PM me if you have questions.

Last edited:
Got it. I got just one of these and happened to be knowledgeable on the subject, guess I lucked out!

Lol I wasn't unknowledgeable on the subject. Just describing to others that it was more stressful relative to other interviews I have had

Reactions: 1 users
I got my acceptance email today! The class size is limited to 181 students for those of you who were wondering.

Reactions: 2 users
Got accepted today as well! Interview date 09/06

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there are any research opportunities at TUNCOM? I can't seem to find any info. on the website.

Does anyone know if there are any research opportunities at TUNCOM? I can't seem to find any info. on the website.
I spoke to my friend who is an OMS-1 here. Her answer was that there are quite a few but good luck getting involved as a first year.

did you pick TUNCOM over other schools? how does it compare to touro ca and touro ny?

Yes. I had multiple other acceptances. Did not apply to either other touro so I don’t really know how it compares to the others but I am very happy here and would pick TUN again.

Any recent acceptances? Interviewed 12 days ago.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using SDN mobile

Got my "under final review" yesterday....any idea of when I'll be invited to interview? Thanks :)

Silence since the final review email 9/19.
My app must be going through final final final fiiiinnnnaaaalllllll reviews

I guess they are literally waiting until October 3rd to tell us :whistle: good luck everyone!

Came across this question on their secondary and I'm unsure if I should list a non-academic institutional action (ie. was not related to cheating or coursework). I did note the institutional action on my AACOMAS application but not sure if I should relist it in the secondary. This is the question:

Have you ever been under any kind of academic discipline, suspension, or probation, or asked to withdraw from any college or university?

Silence since the final review email 9/19.
My app must be going through final final final fiiiinnnnaaaalllllll reviews

I know them feels, I got mine on the 25th & am just waiting for that invite email....maybe we'll get it on the 3rd (tomorrow) after they let everyone else know of their acceptance/rejection status?

Came across this question on their secondary and I'm unsure if I should list a non-academic institutional action (ie. was not related to cheating or coursework). I did note the institutional action on my AACOMAS application but not sure if I should relist it in the secondary. This is the question:

Have you ever been under any kind of academic discipline, suspension, or probation, or asked to withdraw from any college or university?

If your situation applies to the question I would highly recommend answering it. Could be portrayed as shady by the AC if you don't list it. Just my 2 cents

I honestly thought we would hear before the 3rd! I didn’t write down how they would notify us though is it by email?

A call & email for an acceptance, email only for waitlist/rejection. I guess it's still pretty early on the west side of the country though

Lol got the email right after I sent that, ACCEPTED!

I know them feels, I got mine on the 25th & am just waiting for that invite email....maybe we'll get it on the 3rd (tomorrow) after they let everyone else know of their acceptance/rejection status?

Hang in there guys! I can totally comprehend how you feel because I was in the same boat. I am not sure if this makes you feel better, Touro NV has a fast turnover rate since they only give accepted applicants two weeks make a decision on whether to put down that 2k deposit or not :)

Hang in there guys! I can totally comprehend how you feel because I was in the same boat. I am not sure if this makes you feel better, Touro NV has a fast turnover rate since they only give accepted applicants two weeks make a decision on whether to put down that 2k deposit or not :)

Wait we only have two weeks? My email did not give that info

Accepted!
II on 9/17 OS
im very grateful! but i got accepted to one of my top choices so i will probably be declining my acceptance so someone else can have it

Does anyone know where the clinical rotation sites are?

Yes they do have research opportunities. All the best!

Damn it just got the acceptance letter. Do we really only get two weeks? Thought it was AOA requirement for Dec 15 deadline

Does anyone have a way to check your application status. I have not received a complete e-mail or anything of that matter. A phone number or e-mail would be perfect. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.