2018-2019 Touro University (Henderson, Nevada)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have until Oct 19th. Damn

Members don't see this ad.

Silence since the final review email 9/19.
My app must be going through final final final fiiiinnnnaaaalllllll reviews

....any update from your final review process or have you received an invite to interview? I was on "final review" 9/25 and have still yet to hear from them.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II. I was on final review 9/24

Decided to reject my acceptance here but good luck to the rest of you :)

I submitted my secondary in late July.
"Secondary received and under review" email 8/1.
Another "under review" email on 8/15.
"Under final review" email today 9/19.
I don't know how I feel about these emails. On one hand I like that they tell me that my app was not just forgotten, but on the other hand the suspense is real lol.

You should try using google flights on Monday. That is when they have the cheapest flights listed. Hotels, I find that looking on google maps "Choice Hotel" option usually gives the cheapest rates (lower than the rate that each school supposedly negotiated with the hotels). PM me if you have questions.

II today!

Reactions: 1 users
II today!

Congrats!!! If you don't mind me asking, how far out are they scheduling interviews? Before the year? November? Thanks in advance!! Im waiting for my II, final review on 9/25!

Congrats!!! If you don't mind me asking, how far out are they scheduling interviews? Before the year? November? Thanks in advance!! Im waiting for my II, final review on 9/25!

First available was 11/28.
Funny thing is, I called today because I haven't heard anything since 9/19.
The adcom was like "we have so many apps that you should expect 4-6 weeks (after your final review email) before you hear your decision."
And I got the interview email literally like an hour later.
So just hang tight in there.

First available was 11/28.
Funny thing is, I called today because I haven't heard anything since 9/19.
The adcom was like "we have so many apps that you should expect 4-6 weeks (after your final review email) before you hear your decision."
And I got the interview email literally like an hour later.
So just hang tight in there.

I appreciate the heads up! I went to their open house last week and spoke to the head of admissions and she said that our II should be "soon" but they were kinda behind because of all the Jewish holidays they had over the past few weeks. When you called did you speak to Tava? Thx again!

Members don't see this ad :)
I appreciate the heads up! I went to their open house last week and spoke to the head of admissions and she said that our II should be "soon" but they were kinda behind because of all the Jewish holidays they had over the past few weeks. When you called did you speak to Tava? Thx again!

Idk who I spoke to, but I have her number. PM me if you want, but I imagine she will repeat what she told me.

How was the open house?
Specifically their clinical rotations?
Do the the tucom nv students get to rotate at major hospitals in Las Vegas?

Last edited:
Idk who I spoke to, but I have her number. PM me if you want, but I imagine she is will repeat what she told me.

How was the open house?
Specifically their clinical rotations?
Do the the tucom nv students get to rotate at major hospitals in Las Vegas?

Open house was good! It was more of a discussion on why "osteopathic medicine" and then questions about the application process. I do know that they have rotations in the valley though.

This is probably a stupid question but II was delivered via email, correct?

Decided to submit my deposit here! Just waiting til the last day since it’s payday lol

Hi! I'm interviewing here in a few weeks and would appreciate some general tips.

Also wondering what the post-interview acceptance rate is? Based on old threads, it doesn't seem like too many people get rejected after interviewing?

Hi! I'm interviewing here in a few weeks and would appreciate some general tips.

Also wondering what the post-interview acceptance rate is? Based on old threads, it doesn't seem like too many people get rejected after interviewing?
interview is really laid back... honestly just be yourself and come prepared with some questions you have. It's only 20 minutes with some questions about your app (if they read your file, some interviewers won't) and some ethical questions. I would suggest reading over your app and otherwise just relaxing, nerves do more damage than anything.

interview is really laid back... honestly just be yourself and come prepared with some questions you have. It's only 20 minutes with some questions about your app (if they read your file, some interviewers won't) and some ethical questions. I would suggest reading over your app and otherwise just relaxing, nerves do more damage than anything.
Thank you!:)

Does anyone know about how many weeks for board prep you get here?

Anyone know how long it takes to get a II?

I've been waiting for 2 months since submitting everything......am I rejected?

Anyone know how long it takes to get a II?

I've been waiting for 2 months since submitting everything......am I rejected?

Silence since 9/5 complete.
I'm sure they are just moving slow...

Silence since 9/5 complete.
I'm sure they are just moving slow...

Nothing new on my end either....been under final review since 9/25 and haven't heard anything about an interview invite yet either. I'm hopeful though, fingers crossed!

Was just offered an interview on the 29th!! :)

Was on final review since 9/25 if anyone was interested. Good luck everyone!

I apologize for the silly question, what is "final review?" I have an email from 08/27 about my supplemental being received, but I have not heard anything since.

Got an II on Friday. Going to turn it down b/c I already got into my top choice! Hope one of you guys gets it.

I apologize for the silly question, what is "final review?" I have an email from 08/27 about my supplemental being received, but I have not heard anything since.

It means your application have gone through the final review stage and is now somewhere in their ranking list for interviews.

Got a waitlist for II email today. Complete since 8/20. Does anybody have any info on the chance of getting an II eventually? Thanks all.

Got a waitlist for II email today. Complete since 8/20. Does anybody have any info on the chance of getting an II eventually? Thanks all.

I don't know how they do interviews once you've been waitlisted but I would assume they'll eventually get to you. From what I hear, the waitlist moves fast. If you don't mind me asking, what are your LizzyM scores?

I don't know how they do interviews once you've been waitlisted but I would assume they'll eventually get to you. From what I hear, the waitlist moves fast. If you don't mind me asking, what are your LizzyM scores?
Sure, my Lizzy score is 67.

Accepted 9:17am today :D
Great feeling, enjoyed the school and GLTA

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!!!! I find out Wednesday and just want to know either way lol
I find out two days from now, 11/7 as well. Good luck to you!!
I interviewed on Oct 29. It was a very relaxed interview - loved the people and ambiance. I hope I get in.
Let me know if you have any questions!!

Anyone anxiously awaiting to hear back from their Oct 29th interview? lol

Are we supposed to be receiving it via email or are we supposed to get it in a portal? I don't have a Touro portal, other than the application one.

Its suppose to be by email...I haven't heard anything which is odd as its lunch time...

Status
Not open for further replies.