2018-2019 Touro University (Henderson, Nevada)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview invite today! Is it getting to the waitlist point of interviews for here or is there plenty of time?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Do you mind disclosing when you were complete, in review etc?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mind disclosing when you were complete, in review etc?

Sure! Supplemental submitted 8/21, review 11/1, final review 12/10, II today. I got an interview with TouroCOM NY in October so Idk what took longer but hey at least I got one right!

Reactions: 1 user
Interview invite today! Is it getting to the waitlist point of interviews for here or is there plenty of time?

FWIW, my interview last year was end of Feb and I’m a first year now. Probably not too late to interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite here last Friday. I decided to decline it and withdraw my app. Hopefully my spot goes to one of you who are waiting! Good luck!

Not sure if this was already addressed but does anyone know how fast the waitlist moves? Got pre-interview waitlisted a few days ago D:

Are there any current MPH dual degree students willing to share with me through DM how the program is or any suggestions on how to prepare what to expect? I was accepted a few months ago and have applied to do a dual degree in MPH.

Thank you so much!

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a confirmation email after getting the interview request received email?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Has anyone who submitted their deposit received anything else after the confirmation email? I am still waiting for the immunization paperwork as well as the background check stuff.

Has anyone who submitted their deposit received anything else after the confirmation email? I am still waiting for the immunization paperwork as well as the background check stuff.
I am in the same boat. Maybe they're waiting for the Financial Aid stuff so they can send all the info in one email?

Has this school handed out any pre-II rejections or do they just put everyone on hold until denying later? I was placed on hold last month and then received an email a few weeks ago inviting me to join their Master of Science in MHS program. Even tho I already completed a post-bac lol

II today! There's still hope you guys! :')

Secondary application received 9/12/18

Members don't see this ad :)
Can any current students give a quick favorite things about the school and one thing they’d change?

Also is there any issue with wanting to specialize? Aka not necessarily want to do primary care.

Also I found online that they ask about if you applied to Lecom, why does this matter?

Got final review email yesterday night. Hopefully it turns into an II. :xf:

Also I found online that they ask about if you applied to Lecom, why does this matter?

I was never asked this in my interviews nor as a student. I was never asked at all where else I applied, specific schools or otherwise. Hope this helps.

Got final review email yesterday night. Hopefully it turns into an II. :xf:

It should turn into an II based on last years trend and from what I have seen snooping this year. FWIW, I interviewed at TUN mid-March of 2018 and was accepted. Crossing my fingers for you.

It should turn into an II based on last years trend and from what I have seen snooping this year. FWIW, I interviewed at TUN mid-March of 2018 and was accepted. Crossing my fingers for you.

You mean most "final reviews" became IIs? People get rejected before final review?

Also is there any issue with wanting to specialize? Aka not necessarily want to do primary care.

1. Favorite thing - the teamwork from classmates as well as the tremendous amount of support from the class ahead of us in terms of providing study guides and tricks they learned for how certain professors test. Also the OMM program is really well ran and they really prepare you to nail that entire part of COMLEX as free points.

2. Thing I’d change - parking. It sucks.

3. Specializing - no. It’s not an issue. I was very vocal about my desire to go into EM from my interview and my lack of interest in primary care. That’s actually why I picked this school over my other acceptances, I felt that I would have the most support/resources in pursuing a non PCP pathway at TUNCOM.

Sorry, should have included all of this in one reply with your other question. My bad!

You mean most "final reviews" became IIs? People get rejected before final review?

Yes. From what I’ve seen, you get R or WL before the final review email. I got final review and then an II and that seems to be the trend this year as well.

Reactions: 2 users
How long's the wait between final review and II generally?

Not sure. I don’t remember my wait. But it wasn’t super long. The final review email is a very good sign. And, according to what they said during my interview last year, they don’t really interview unless they have spots in the class. They will interview until the class is full. So no interviews purely for the wait list.

1. Favorite thing - the teamwork from classmates as well as the tremendous amount of support from the class ahead of us in terms of providing study guides and tricks they learned for how certain professors test. Also the OMM program is really well ran and they really prepare you to nail that entire part of COMLEX as free points.

2. Thing I’d change - parking. It sucks.

3. Specializing - no. It’s not an issue. I was very vocal about my desire to go into EM from my interview and my lack of interest in primary care. That’s actually why I picked this school over my other acceptances, I felt that I would have the most support/resources in pursuing a non PCP pathway at TUNCOM.

Sorry, should have included all of this in one reply with your other question. My bad!

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions this was so helpful!! should hear from them Wednesday!

I interview next Monday. Any tips/suggestions? I’m super nervous for this interview!

Does anyone know if people get pulled off of pre-interview WL to get an interview? If you don't get an interview, are you automatically put on pre-interview WL or do people get rejected too? Wondering if I have been silently rejected...

I was never asked this in my interviews nor as a student. I was never asked at all where else I applied, specific schools or otherwise. Hope this helps.

I was. Hope this helps lol

*Still loved the school btw no hard feelings or anything

I was. Hope this helps lol

*Still loved the school btw no hard feelings or anything

That's a very strange thing to have been asked during an interview. I'm honestly not even sure how I would have responded if someone had asked me if I had applied to XXXX school. Definitely puts one on the spot. I did get put on the spot in my interview, but not like that. Can't discuss the questions asked though, but suffice to say one (actually, two) of them put me on the spot.

I interview next Monday. Any tips/suggestions? I’m super nervous for this interview!

I think it was pretty casual, one of my easiest ones for sure. They’ll ask one ethics question and mine was related to patient assisted suicide! Other questions were very relaxed for me, but I know a few of the other people who interviewed even with the same person thought differently so I’m not sure, but no one thought it was an extremely stressful interview so just know your application, be ready to show your interpersonal skills and ultimately be yourself! You got it bud

Relax, you'll be fine. Interview goes by faster than what you think. In my case, I was asked many questions something around 15 (4 ethical questions) and I made it. That being said, my biggest advice is, be you and show that you really care about what medicine stands for in society and interpersonal.

Anyone interviewing on Monday (2/11) and want to meet up this weekend? I am from oos.

Hi everyone! Interviewing 2/25. If yall can share some tips/process/etcetc/MMI?traditional? re: the interview I'd really appreciate it!!
Thank youuuuu!

Final review email 1/31

Hopefully I get an II. I’m in pre-II hold from three other schools

If you have been accepted to Touro NV login to the Touro one portal and activate your university Gmail. This is where the immunization, physical exam and course registration forms have been sent.

Last edited:
If you have been accepted to Touro NV login to the Touro one portal and activate your university Gmail. This is where the immunization, physical exam and course registration forms have been sent.

What makes up the physical exam?

What makes up the physical exam?
It's basically just an annual physical, to show you are healthy and physically/emotionally stable. There's some paperwork for your provider to fill out and a medical history section to be completed.

Hi everyone! Interviewing 2/25. If yall can share some tips/process/etcetc/MMI?traditional? re: the interview I'd really appreciate it!!
Thank youuuuu!
the interview is more a traditional style but it is extremely relaxed. I just had great conversations with my interviewers, and overall the day itself is laid back and pretty stress free. So I would say just be prepared to answer the typical interview questions you would expect and you will do fine. Good luck!

Questions for anyone who could give an informed answer.

How often do you have exams ?
How long do you have to study for the boards, and is there a board prep ?
If you dont live in Las Vegas, how often do you visit home?
Does the school offer any scholarship ?

I didn't have a chance to ask those questions in interview day since there were lots of stuff going on that day.

Thanks

Last edited:
I just was offered an interview here. The only open dates are in March. Would I be just be interviewed for a wait list spot? I've been accepted to a newer DO school, so I'm unsure what I should do. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.