2018-2019 University of Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II waitlist. Danm, really thought i wrote an insane secondary.shoukdve mentioned I have family in Tucson

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm starting to suspect that they interview in-state residents first before proceeding with OOS applicants. I'm assuming thats ultimately the function of the II waitlist.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

I'm starting to suspect that they interview in-state residents first before proceeding with OOS applicants. I'm assuming thats ultimately the function of the II waitlist.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile
As an IS with no II here, can not confirm at this time.

Reactions: 1 user
Check how many they normally interview from OOS. I am pretty sure they not even done with 1/3 OOS interviews.
MSAR says they interviewed 200 OOS last year :(

edit: Which, according to the tracker, would put them at about half-way through OOS interviews

Members don't see this ad :)
If ive been complete for over a month should i consider calling them asking whats going on with my application status?

If ive been complete for over a month should i consider calling them asking whats going on with my application status?

I received my interview waitlist email almost exactly two months after my app was complete. I wouldn't worry just yet. They probably receive a lot of calls from applicants, so maybe hold off for a while longer. :)

OK....been hanging out on II wait-list for 2 months and freaking out.

On the list too! Curious to know if the list has any chronological or other order to it. Would love to interview here!

Reactions: 2 users
Any acceptances here yet?
The admissions team doesn't meet for acceptances until later this month or early November. They seemed to be very transparent with the process and you will likely get more emails than you want, lol.

Last edited:
The admissions team doesn't meet for acceptances until later this month or early November. They seemed to be very transparent with the process and you will likely get more emails than you want, lol.
Ahh okay, I figured. I recall hearing that too but they handed out acceptances first week last year after saying November as well so just wasn't sure! Thank you though.

Ahh okay, I figured. I recall hearing that too but they handed out acceptances first week last year after saying November as well so just wasn't sure! Thank you though.
Could be! I interviewed Aug 24 and that was my understanding based on what we were told.

I interviewed august 24th as well, they said that October 15th is the very earliest anyone would ever hear back from them, but their website says that acceptances start going out in November, i think it might just depend on how busy they are/how difficult it is to separate out the candidates

In state Latina female ... waitlisted today.. hope? I got an interview to OHSU (which is way more competitive and I am out of state)... this process does not make sense...

Interview Waitlist also today! OOS. How is the movement for this waitlist??

Interview Waitlist also today! OOS. How is the movement for this waitlist??
It doesn’t seem as if there has been much movement lately (someone correct me if I’m wrong, please). I’m also on it, since 10/5:whistle:

Reactions: 1 users
It doesn’t seem as if there has been much movement lately (someone correct me if I’m wrong, please). I’m also on it, since 10/5:whistle:
Oh well at least it's better than a rejection!

II!!!! LM 69 OOS with ties to Tuscon Complete early Sept :)

does anyone know if i can fly in to the tucson area or do i have to fly to phoenix then somehow get to tucson?

anyone know of any good hotels to stay at that are close to the med campus?/ do any of the hotels offer rides to the med campus?

How was your interview experience? Any advice?
I thought it went well. Honestly, best advice is to just relax and don't let the nerves get to ya. They made it a very relaxing/fun experience and all the faculty and students were super chill!