2018-2019 University of Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I thought it went well. Honestly, best advice is to just relax and don't let the nerves get to ya. They made it a very relaxing/fun experience and all the faculty and students were super chill!
That's good to hear!
What was the format of the interview? traditional or MMI?

Members don't see this ad.

Been on the interview waitlist since July ugh

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email today saying some acceptances have gone out but I have not been selected this round.

The good news is that you will learn to spell the name of the city, eventually.
Lmfao my grandma lives there and I swear i can never get the c and s in the correct order

Reactions: 1 user
If there are any current students in the thread or if anyone knows the answer, does UofA give you dedicated Step 1 study time? I see the basic sciences review that is 6 weeks but I want to know if there is also dedicated study time

Members don't see this ad :)
II today! I am unable to upload my photo for some reason and I can't schedule it until the photo gets uploaded. Anyone else have this issue?

Interview waitlist. I think its better than a rejection right??? RIGHT? :(

Congratulations!! Do you have any advice on how you prepared for the interview?

First, I would recommend downloading a map of the campus. I got lost and someone from admissions had to come get me - embarrassing situation you don't want to find yourself in! I mistakenly assumed things would be easy to find, and they actually are - but all the construction threw off from when I had visited before. Second, prepare like you would any other interview. The MMI is pretty much exactly as advertised. I reviewed my application and secondary, reviewed why I chose the school in the first place. During that preparation I wrote down questions or things I felt I would want to know that would influence my decision if were lucky enough to have multiple acceptances. There is plenty opportunity to ask these throughout the day with various admissions staff. They are all super friendly! Lunch here was also second to none!

so uh...is that instate bias ever gonna kick in?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone coming to town November 17th?

Rejected today from pre-II waitlist, placed on pre-II waitlist on 10/5

Good luck to everyone else

+1
Just got the axe as well after being put on hold pre-II

Good luck to rest of you still in the game!

does anyone know anything about sending them updates or letters of continued interest? (i am on the pre-ii waitlist and want to share some new things with the committee)

does anyone know anything about sending them updates or letters of continued interest? (i am on the pre-ii waitlist and want to share some new things with the committee)

Next time, try the Search Bar. This question has been asked at least five times in this thread alone...

From their website:
upload_2018-11-1_11-26-18.png

aww poop :( Sorry about the R! I also got put on the pre-II Waitlist on the exact same day... so ... :scared::(

lol I didn't know SDN would edit out my S-word hahah

How long after submitting your secondary did everyone here hear back about interviews?

Oh my goodness... I'm so scared now.. I got put on the waitlist 10/26

Still hanging tight on the II waitlist. Survived the massacre yesterday but my guess is adcoms just didn’t get to mine yet lol.

UA has only accepted 30 people this cycle! Is this number low compared to other schools at this point in the cycle?

Does anyone know if they typically send rejections on Monday’s?

UA has only accepted 30 people this cycle! Is this number low compared to other schools at this point in the cycle?
I think “low” is all relative per say. 30 is enough to fill about 1/4 of their total class, granted I’m not positive how many total acceptances they usually hand out

Well I know most schools accept 2x their class size or almost that so I'd expect Arizona to accept about 200.

I read last year's thread and it seems like the timing of rejection/acceptance matches this year. If this is true, the Axe is coming this week.

erHGrLko9L0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Received an email this morning saying my application is under review (Interviewed 10/26)

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gotten off the II waitlist? I've been in here since oct 3rd :(