2018-2019 University of Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I sure wish they accepted updates, but I guess I understand with a lot of applications. Has anyone gotten an interview after receiving the hold? OOS applicant

Members don't see this ad.

Hello. Thank you very much for answering our questions here.
It's been about 2 months since I submitted the secondary application, and I also have not heard any updates/communications regarding its status.
Should I be concerned about the application? or Should I take it as "no news is good news"?
you can check your portal for any status updates.

you can check your portal for any status updates.

Thank you. I had asked because you mentioned in another reply that it usually takes up to a month for secondaries to be screened. I have been checking the application portal every week since almost 2 months ago and have not seen any updates show. Also no notes under the "secondary application complete" activity.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
about how many people get off the interview waitlist per year?

about how many people get off the interview waitlist per year?
Not sure, but it after reading through the 2017-2018 thread, it takes about a month after being waitlisted for an interview invite to either receive an interview invite or be rejected.

This post has a good summary of what happened during their application process with University of Arizona, Tucson:
Hey guys, I received the wonderful news of my acceptance yesterday!

I thought I'd share the "journey" to get to this point to maybe give hope and serve as a record for future years in terms of how the process goes...

Late August: Placed on Pre-II Hold
Late September: Interview Invite
Mid October: Interview
Early November: "Your file is under review"
Early November (+3 days^): "We accepted people today, You're not accepted but you're not rejected"
Mid December: "Your file is under review" (?)
Mid December (+3 days^): Accepted!!! (I got a phone call + email)

The "holds" and the "you didn't get an acceptance but others did" are NOT necessarily kisses of death (although it's hard not to feel that way - believe me, I know!) and there's hope for all of us!!!!! Good to luck to everyone!!!

Thank you. I had asked because you mentioned in another reply that it usually takes up to a month for secondaries to be screened. I have been checking the application portal every week since almost 2 months ago and have not seen any updates show. Also no notes under the "secondary application complete" activity.

Email us with your AMCAS number and we can look into it for you. [email protected]

Reactions: 1 users
I got an II! OOS, submitted early August

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if they accept a letter of interest from those who are pre-II waitlisted?

Members don't see this ad :)
to those with interviews/ waitlisted interviews... how long did you wait from submitting your secondary to hearing about interviews?

Not sure, but it after reading through the 2017-2018 thread, it takes about a month after being waitlisted for an interview invite to either receive an interview invite or be rejected.

This post has a good summary of what happened during their application process with University of Arizona, Tucson:
Ive been on hold since August 1st lol

Ive been on hold since August 1st lol
Oh snap. I've been on interview waitlist since Sep. 5th. Take some comfort in knowing that it is not a complete rejection! We still have a chance on the interview waitlist!

Oh snap. I've been on interview waitlist since Sep. 5th. Take some comfort in knowing that it is not a complete rejection! We still have a chance on the interview waitlist!
Yeah but hold I meant the interview waitlist lol. Guess they are just keeping their options open!

You can add schools to your AMCAS. Be aware our primary deadline is November 1st.
I am active duty military with medical and research experience. I am not sure were I stand. I submitted my primary early. Received a secondary and completed the secondary, but I have not heard anything since. No rejection, no interview waitlist, nothing.

I am active duty military with medical and research experience. I am not sure were I stand. I submitted my primary early. Received a secondary and completed the secondary, but I have not heard anything since. No rejection, no interview waitlist, nothing.

I also submitted early and haven't heard anything, so I'm not sure what to make of it. No news is good news? Haha, probably not when it comes to medical school, but one can only hope!

I also submitted early and haven't heard anything, so I'm not sure what to make of it. No news is good news? Haha, probably not when it comes to medical school, but one can only hope!
secondary received on the 7/11 submitted 7/26.

Was complete 9/27... guess I have a longggggg wait :/

complete 7/23 and just got an e-mail for interview waitlist. Anyone know how's the movement on this waitlist? I'm OOS LM 70 ish.

@UAZ COM-T Admissions Just a quick question. I applied here last year and never received an interview waitlist. I ended up being waitlisted here and unfortunately, the waitlist didn't move. I reapplied and this year I got an interview waitlist. I don't mean to complain, but I'm just curious as to what it is. Is it just a silent rejection? I know you guys sent some out last year, but it seems like this year, you guys are sending out more. Is this true? I'm just wondering how I can interpret it.

@UAZ COM-T Admissions Just a quick question. I applied here last year and never received an interview waitlist. I ended up being waitlisted here and unfortunately, the waitlist didn't move. I reapplied and this year I got an interview waitlist. I don't mean to complain, but I'm just curious as to what it is. Is it just a silent rejection? I know you guys sent some out last year, but it seems like this year, you guys are sending out more. Is this true? I'm just wondering how I can interpret it.

if you look at this thread they've already addressed this question. People are getting off of the waitlist this year. People have already gotten interviews off of the waitlist on this thread. They are interviewing people from the waitlist every week.

Interview waitlist. Complete 7/31. IS, got an II from Phoenix tho.

I'm IS, but was interviewed off the waitlist. I know others have as well. I wouldn't consider it a silent rejection unless you don't have confidence you improved your application .

I submitted July 6 and was put on the interview waitlist August 1 and haven't heard anything.

Pre interview hold today 10/5, complete 8/7,
Does this school outright reject people before an interview or do a lot of people get placed on pre interview hold?

Pre interview hold today 10/5, complete 8/7,
Does this school outright reject people before an interview or do a lot of people get placed on pre interview hold?
I would actually like to know this too. I also got placed on hold. Are you OOS?

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

I'm IS, but was interviewed off the waitlist. I know others have as well. I wouldn't consider it a silent rejection unless you don't have confidence you improved your application .
Did you contact them at all after they put you on the waitlist?

You think if I tell them I drive a Tuscon, they'll bump me up this interview waitlist? :rofl::lame:

Reactions: 3 users
II waitlist today, OOS LizzyM 66-67
Completed 1st week August

is it? lol does this school actually pull from this list or not really?
If they didn’t pull from it at all it wouldn’t exist. I mean idk what the process is like or how many are on the list, but people have been pulled off it in the past as seen from threads so I’m happier with this than a rejection

If they didn’t pull from it at all it wouldn’t exist. I mean idk what the process is like or how many are on the list, but people have been pulled off it in the past as seen from threads so I’m happier with this than a rejection
I like your optimism, sir! cheers to no rejection, may luck be on our side :clap: