2018-2019 Weill Cornell Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My bet is this Thursday. The last 2 years they went out Thursday March 9 and Thursday March 8... not sure what MSAR said though!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Any idea what the MSAR said last year? And if it aligned with when they actually released? I’m going to go crazy if I have to wait till the 12th
I feel like the MSAR wouldn't be a very accurate source because I thought they update that like once a year or so not continuously. And I feel like they would definitely guess later rather than earlier because if they put an early date they would have a bunch of applicants calling saying 'MSAR says decisions were released but where's mine?!!' But also this is me being optimistic bc I don't want to wait any more

I feel like the MSAR wouldn't be a very accurate source because I thought they update that like once a year or so not continuously. And I feel like they would definitely guess later rather than earlier because if they put an early date they would have a bunch of applicants calling saying 'MSAR says decisions were released but where's mine?!!' But also this is me being optimistic bc I don't want to wait any more
Ahh well put. You know I’m indeed looking forward to the day I’ll never have to come back to this site again. But I must say I have grown to admire how SDN can transform neurotic pre-meds into Sherlock Holmes caliber detectives.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Question to any current students, does Cornell match scholarships from other schools? I know they pretty much have only need based financial aid along with a few merit scholarships but was curious if anyone had experience with this. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how many interviews Cornell gave out and how many acceptances they plan on giving out? Trying to see if I actually have a shot lol

Does anyone know how many interviews Cornell gave out and how many acceptances they plan on giving out? Trying to see if I actually have a shot lol

According to a document on reddit their post II acceptance rate is about 40%, but with the new rules this cycle who knows if that'll change

According to a document on reddit their post II acceptance rate is about 40%, but with the new rules this cycle who knows if that'll change
From their website, “Weill Cornell receives approximately 6,000 applications for 106 positions in the entering class. Each year, we interview 700-750 applicants for the M.D. program, and around 70 for the M.D.-Ph.D. program.”

I would assume with the waitlist, they probably end up accepting a total number around 275.

They definitely said on my interview day that a third of matriculates come from the waitlist but that doesn't necessarily give us any clues about how many they initially accept or how many waitlist offers go out.

They definitely said on my interview day that a third of matriculates come from the waitlist but that doesn't necessarily give us any clues about how many they initially accept or how many waitlist offers go out.

Yeah this is purely anecdotal, but it seems Cornell waitlists a lot. I know someone that got accepted into Harvard, Columbia, Penn, Hopkins, and Yale initially but waitlisted at Cornell. He then got accepted to Cornell on May 1st off the waitlist. He didn't up going to Cornell but it was interesting that he got waitlisted initially

Yeah this is purely anecdotal, but it seems Cornell waitlists a lot. I know someone that got accepted into Harvard, Columbia, Penn, Hopkins, and Yale initially but waitlisted at Cornell. He then got accepted to Cornell on May 1st off the waitlist. He didn't up going to Cornell but it was interesting that he got waitlisted initially
Interesting that your friend got off the waitlist on May 1st. MSAR says their waitlist is not ranked and I would think that you would need more than one day to see the April 30th decisions and then adjust your class' gender/race/ses/geographic ratios accordingly. If waitlists are ranked then it makes sense to send decisions asap on May 1st because you just see how many spots you have and then call that many people off the waitlist. But if it's not ranked (like they claim), then wouldn't they need more time?

Interesting that your friend got off the waitlist on May 1st. MSAR says their waitlist is not ranked and I would think that you would need more than one day to see the April 30th decisions and then adjust your class' gender/race/ses/geographic ratios accordingly. If waitlists are ranked then it makes sense to send decisions asap on May 1st because you just see how many spots you have and then call that many people off the waitlist. But if it's not ranked (like they claim), then wouldn't they need more time?

Yeah now that I think about it, it might not have been exactly May 1st but I know it was quite fast after traffic day, a couple days at most

Just because the waitlist isn't technically "ranked" doesn't mean every interviewee doesn't have some kind of quantitative score attached to their application. I think pretty much every school does that type of thing to make sorting and grouping applications easier (even if the ultimate decision is not purely a function of numerical score like at Miami for example).

Members don't see this ad :)
Just because the waitlist isn't technically "ranked" doesn't mean every interviewee doesn't have some kind of quantitative score attached to their application. I think pretty much every school does that type of thing to make sorting and grouping applications easier (even if the ultimate decision is not purely a function of numerical score like at Miami for example).
I agree with you. I was just saying that it still takes time to see what your class is like and see what elements you need to add, which is why I was surprised that was done in one day but the poster clarified that it was early but may not have necessarily been May 1.

I kinda wanna call and ask if decisions are coming out this week or not but also I'm too scared haha

Reactions: 4 users
I kinda wanna call and ask if decisions are coming out this week or not but also I'm too scared haha
Haha please do! We would all appreciate it (though who knows if they would give an actual answer...)

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone have a friend who’s willing to call lol

Just called, got scared because they asked for my amcas ID (Yall, I really took one for the team ><) They said "I don't know what date specifically but it could be this week or next week"

Haha, I did not offer to be a sacrificial lamb for a semi-vague answer- but alas, whats done is done.

Reactions: 23 users
Just called, got scared because they asked for my amcas ID (Yall, I really took one for the team ><) They said "I don't know what date specifically but it could be this week or next week"

Haha, I did not offer to be a sacrificial lamb for a semi-vague answer- but alas, whats done is done.
You are my hero

May you have a fruitful year and harvest because of your sacrifice:bow:

are there any current students in here involved with admissions who have that inside scoop? lol

hahaha thank you for being braver than the rest of us

Thank you!

hey y'all! MS1 here. My friend on adcom said that they had their last meeting yesterday and decided on the class, so news should be coming out soon! They only accept as many people as the class size initially (~106) so many people are waitlisted. There is a lot of WL movement once May and June roll around so don't be too disappointed if you do get on the WL. Good luck!!!

Reactions: 25 users
If today is the day, good luck to everyone!! May the odds be ever in our favor:xf:

Reactions: 12 users
Bored at work and dug up this list of previous Cornell decision dates, hoping to keep the SDN wisdom alive and may the odds be ever in your favor

2018: Thursday March 8
2017: Thursday March 9
2016: Wednesday February 24
2015: Thursday March 12
2014: Thursday March 13
2013: Monday March 11
2012: Thursday March 15
2011: Tuesday March 8
2010: Wednesday March 3
2009: Friday February 27
2008: Friday March 7

Reactions: 11 users
Bored at work and dug up this list of previous Cornell decision dates, hoping to keep the SDN wisdom alive and may the odds be ever in your favor

Can you research at what time the decisions were released lmao

do you have the times of release too? :laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
@Semper-fi @yakarma11 so I didn't go all the way back and check the old old years, but I happen to know that it was around 1pm EST in 2017 and 3:30pm EST in 2018 because I have perused those threads pretty carefully lolol

I want labscience as my doctor!!

Reactions: 6 users
I really hope we don’t have to wait until next week

If they’ve already selected the class I don’t understand why they can’t just tell us...

Reactions: 7 users
If they’ve already selected the class I don’t understand why they can’t just tell us...
Someone posted about selecting the class on the thread from two years ago and the decisions came out that Thursday...I would hope it's the same here so we hear either today or tomorrow...

The light snow is probably causing the email tubes to freeze again, just like last year, huh

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
so they're really gonna do us like this huh

Reactions: 8 users
I'm not even expecting an A but y'all got me so worked up now.

Reactions: 8 users
ugh I really thought it was going to be today :(

If I have to sit with this constant anxiety for a whole week I might scream:heckyeah:

Why’s Cornell actin brand new like they don’t know we’re all stressin this? Give us our WLs and keep it moving!!

hey y'all! MS1 here. My friend on adcom said that they had their last meeting yesterday and decided on the class, so news should be coming out soon! They only accept as many people as the class size initially (~106) so many people are waitlisted. There is a lot of WL movement once May and June roll around so don't be too disappointed if you do get on the WL. Good luck!!!
Thank you for sharing! We all thought it would be yesterday...do you/your friend have any idea if it will be today or if they will wait another week??Thanks again :)

Reactions: 2 users