2019-2020 Dartmouth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre II R today, complete August 15. Feeling grateful I made it this far since my “anything else” essay was about my dog lol

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Man I have a feeling they print out my application, put it in a nice frame, hung it on a wall, and have just been staring at it for the past few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Withdrew my II last week! Such a tough decision. Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today! Complete 8/30! Woohoo!

Edit: For anyone wondering, there was only one day open in mid March.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Just received a II! Only date available was mid March. I DID NOT realize they came this late in the game but I'm thrilled and grateful! Good luck everyone! Hope to see some of you there :)

Reactions: 10 users
Just received a II! Only date available was mid March. I DID NOT realize they came this late in the game but I'm thrilled and grateful! Good luck everyone! Hope to see some of you there :)

congrats! When were you complete if you don’t mind me asking?

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you who interviewed - did they have lyft and uber available around when you interviewed? a friend who interviewed two years ago said no.

For those of you who interviewed - did they have lyft and uber available around when you interviewed? a friend who interviewed two years ago said no.
Multiple people on my interview day said they could not get an uber or lyft. If you can, bring a car, or contact students for help w/ transit.

Depending on where you're staying, you may have access to the buses which I really enjoyed using. I found fellow passengers to be very friendly and patient when I asked for help!

Reactions: 1 users
Multiple people on my interview day said they could not get an uber or lyft. If you can, bring a car, or contact students for help w/ transit.

Depending on where you're staying, you may have access to the buses which I really enjoyed using. I found fellow passengers to be very friendly and patient when I asked for help!
wow thanks so much!!

Received an interview invitation yesterday. As others have said, the only date available was in mid-March.

For those who are wondering, I definitely recommend you NOT rely on Uber or Lyft to get to your interview. I don't currently live in the area, but I grew up in New Hampshire and my family is still there. My experience is that Lyft / Uber coverage is inconsistent at best.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats! When were you complete if you don’t mind me asking?
Complete 9/6 and this was the first I heard back from them. I was expecting to get multiple Rs from all the schools I haven't heard back from. (I'm still expecting that but Dartmouth won't be one of them <3)

Also this was my alma mater...I second what everyone else says about there not being uber/lyft. HOWEVER they do have Zipcars right on campus. If your interview date is the same day as mine, I'll give you a ride- I'm driving there.

Also this was my alma mater...I second what everyone else says about there not being uber/lyft. HOWEVER they do have Zipcars right on campus. If your interview date is the same day as mine, I'll give you a ride- I'm driving there.

Nice try. You will keep us waiting on read while we miss our interview!!!!

• Haha
II today!!! Wasn’t expecting this and really excited. There was one spot open for 3/19, I was complete 9/4 if it helps anyone!
Reposted because I accidentally put as a response to another post oops sorry!

Last edited:
  • Love
pre-II R this morning, complete early September

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
pre-II R as well, complete late September. A little crushed about this one.

• Sad
Did not think I'd hear anything from this school, but I just received an interview invite for March 19th. Does anyone know if March interviewees are actually considered beyond the WL pool? I'm guessing there are only a few available slots remaining.

Did not think I'd hear anything from this school, but I just received an interview invite for March 19th. Does anyone know if March interviewees are actually considered beyond the WL pool? I'm guessing there are only a few available slots remaining.
I believe they are not fully rolling (I know someone who interviewed there last year and they accept very few during the year and everyone else hears back in the end of spring) I’m hoping this is the case but could be wrong!

I believe they are not fully rolling (I know someone who interviewed there last year and they accept very few during the year and everyone else hears back in the end of spring) I’m hoping this is the case but could be wrong!
Amazing, thanks!

Anyone still not hearing anything since submitting their secondary?

R today. Sent an update yesterday, guess they weren't a fan lol

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone! Did anyone who interviewed here from OOS have any luck flying home the same night as their interview?

With a 2.5 hour coach ride back to Logan Airport from Dartmouth, I don’t see how leaving the same night is possible if the interview day ends around 4pm.

Any advice would be much appreciated! :)

Hi everyone! Did anyone who interviewed here from OOS have any luck flying home the same night as their interview?

With a 2.5 hour coach ride back to Logan Airport from Dartmouth, I don’t see how leaving the same night is possible if the interview day ends around 4pm.

I did, but I rented a car and drove back to Boston. Traffic was a bit intense getting back into the city though so it took me more around 3 hours. Also, the admissions staff was super helpful in helping me get my interviews scheduled a bit earlier in the afternoon to leave asap

I did, but I rented a car and drove back to Boston. Traffic was a bit intense getting back into the city though so it took me more around 3 hours. Also, the admissions staff was super helpful in helping me get my interviews scheduled a bit earlier in the afternoon to leave asap

This is very helpful - thank you! I’ll be sure to reach out to the admissions staff in advance!

Depending on where you're flying to, consider leaving from the airport in Manchester, NH (airport code MHT). It's about an hour closer than Logan and is a much bigger airport than the one in Lebanon (near the Dartmouth campus).

Took the coach back to Logan and slept in the airport overnight for a flight at 6am the next morning - you do have to sleep before the security checkpoint, as they kick you out from airside in the evening. Wasn't that bad of an experience; there are a good amount of people doing it and the police patrol so it is quite safe.

Depending on where you're flying to, consider leaving from the airport in Manchester, NH (airport code MHT). It's about an hour closer than Logan and is a much bigger airport than the one in Lebanon (near the Dartmouth campus).

Thank you for this advice! Did you find flights out of MHT to be reliable (i.e., not cancelled or delayed)?

Took the coach back to Logan and slept in the airport overnight for a flight at 6am the next morning - you do have to sleep before the security checkpoint, as they kick you out from airside in the evening. Wasn't that bad of an experience; there are a good amount of people doing it and the police patrol so it is quite safe.

I just might do this - certainly much cheaper than booking another night of accommodations! Really appreciate your advice :)

Interviewed last Thursday and woke to an email saying I needed to do a background check. I havent heard back from anywhere and I know it’s not Geisel but I want it to be so badly.

Pre-II R Today
Complete Mid-Late Aug
:D

• Sad
Email says second look is the 17/18th of april if anyone is still wondering.

i interviewed in mid sept, still no word from them. The wait is killing me, anyone else in the same boat?

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
i interviewed in mid sept, still no word from them. The wait is killing me, anyone else in the same boat?
Interviewed early Sept. Still nothing here

It was finally my turn today :(

Pre-II R LM 72 Complete 7/31

• Sad
Is there a FB page for accepted students?