2019-2020 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
CASPer’s website says it takes approximately 3 weeks to send your results to your selected schools. So it seems like it’s best to get it completed as soon as you can.

Members don't see this ad.

Do OOS without strong state ties even have a decent shot? Bit conflicted on whether to apply or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone explain the whole Scholarly Concentration thing?

Can someone explain the whole Scholarly Concentration thing?

I looked briefly on their website earlier and it seems that you can do an extra set of courses in a specific concentration. Only certain concentrations are available at a certain campus though. There is some sort of priority program that you can apply for where you need a 3.5 cGPA (or 3.6 i forget..) and like a 507 MCAT. The deadline is the end of July though so you might wanna look into this quickly if you're interested.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS applied for MD/PHD. Got initial confirmation email from indiana. No secondaries. No fee. Is this real

Just got a II and supplemental info email. Are we supposed to snail mail the required documents before being allowed to schedule a date? or can we scan them in using the document upload button?
OOS, no ties to Indiana

Congrats! do you mind sharing your stats? LM score?

JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW INVITE (IS submitted 7/15)
Although I'm super happy the invite states that I need to send in my CASPer scores within 7 days or my application will be cancelled but I have yet to even take the exam and, from what I have read online, it takes ~3 weeks for them to send in your scores??
Yeah, I'd first register for the exam, and then call admissions.

Anyone else just get an email saying to NOT fill out the grad app until September 3?

Reactions: 1 users
I got an II and called about when they need CASPer results (i just took it recently). They said not to worry about getting those sent within the next 7 days as the email seems to indicate

Members don't see this ad :)
No confirmation email either, verified very early.

Wondering if they need your CASPer score first to send the confirmation email?
Anyone know if they have started giving out interviews?

No confirmation email either, verified very early.

Wondering if they need your CASPer score first to send the confirmation email?
Anyone know if they have started giving out interviews?
I have not sent in CASPer scores yet and got a confirmation email 7/15 and got an interview notification today (7/31)

IS EDP

No confirmation email yet. OOS, Amcas verified early June, all letters and Casper submitted and sent.

Does anyone know if this is a bad sign?

No confirmation email yet. OOS, Amcas verified early June, all letters and Casper submitted and sent.

Does anyone know if this is a bad sign?
Nah. I’m same boat and I’m sure everyone else is as well.

Reactions: 3 users
I just got a complete email. Verified June 8th and OOS no ties

Patience finally rewarded. Got the complete email, OOS as well

I was also in that first batch of IIs on 7/31. My app was sent in first week of July, IS, and LM 76.

I'm really perturbed by the whole "finish the application AFTER 9/3 but NO LATER than 9/10." Am I really gonna have to wait till September to finish my app and get an interview set up for real?

Does anybody know about the timeline for EDP? If I haven’t received a II is that super concerning? And if they choose not to invite to interview do they tell us ahead of Oct 1 or wait until then?

Does anybody know about the timeline for EDP? If I haven’t received a II is that super concerning? And if they choose not to invite to interview do they tell us ahead of Oct 1 or wait until then?
I also applied EDP and have not gotten an II yet, but I got the confirmation on the first day that everyone else did. I'm not sure what the timeline is either.

Received an invitation for an II 7/31/2019! They just ask for you to fill out their graduate application, legal disclosure, CASPER, and submit a Dean's report from your undergrad.

I was also in that first batch of IIs on 7/31. My app was sent in first week of July, IS, and LM 76.

I'm really perturbed by the whole "finish the application AFTER 9/3 but NO LATER than 9/10." Am I really gonna have to wait till September to finish my app and get an interview set up for real?
I'm hoping that they'll schedule us for interviews before then cause they start interviewing in September and they said we'd know the time and place about 4 weeks in advance

That's what I was thinking, we have to hold off on doing the graduate application until then. Once that's processed, I think we will be able to schedule interviews

EDP is supposed to be notified of admission decisions by Oct. 1 at the latest, so i’m wondering if they will schedule interviews without the graduate application? I believe their first round of interviews is typically the first week of September or around there

For those who received confirmation emails, did you send in your evaluation letters and CASPer before receiving your confirmation email?

+1 .... finally. Verified 5/30. OOS.

Just FYI, verified is when you received an email from AMCAS that your app had been verified, not the date that you submitted your app.

For those who received confirmation emails, did you send in your evaluation letters and CASPer before receiving your confirmation email?
My school offers a committee letter and I took my casper later, so neither are submitted yet and I got an II

Finally got the confirmation e-mail. OOS, verified before 6/26

Received confirmation email today. OOS, verified 7/9, still waiting on my committee letter.

Is anyone doing the Scholarly Concentration Priority Program? Whats the consensus on this? For those of you with IIs did you already complete this app?

i got my interview invite on Wed 7/31 and when I clicked on my applicant portal it said my letters of rec have not been received even though they were attached to my AMCAS app. do they need to be sent directly to the school?

i got my interview invite on Wed 7/31 and when I clicked on my applicant portal it said my letters of rec have not been received even though they were attached to my AMCAS app. do they need to be sent directly to the school?
I think I have the same issue. When I click on the link for letters of rec on the status page it says that my letter packet was recieved back in June (when AMCAS got it), but on the main page it says that my letters haven't been received yet.

I don't think we have to send them directly to the school, I think they just have to sort through the letters on their end

I think I have the same issue. When I click on the link for letters of rec on the status page it says that my letter packet was recieved back in June (when AMCAS got it), but on the main page it says that my letters haven't been received yet.

I don't think we have to send them directly to the school, I think they just have to sort through the letters on their end
Called the school abt this, they go through the LORs and pre reqs then manually change the status on the portal. They said not to worry about it right now because it’s very early.

What’s a confirmation email? That’s they got your primary?

"Indiana University School of Medicine Office of Admissions has received your AMCAS application. The Admissions Office will notify you of our decision via email once your application has been reviewed. We encourage applicants to check their email frequently.

Thank you for considering Indiana University School of Medicine for your medical education."

Haven't gotten an email yet saying that they got my primary. Verified 7/24

Haven't gotten an email yet saying that they got my primary. Verified 7/24
If it gives any perspective, I went out in the first batch of verified apps on 6/28, and I only received my confirmation email on 8/2. I'm OOS, and when I contacted the admissions office, a rep explained that the confirmation goes out once they download your app from AMCAS.

Does anyone know how flexible they are on the psych/soc requirements here? I've taken courses that overlapped with these topics but are listed on amcas as poly sci/phil. Any other students get courses listed outside of psyc/soc approved to satisfy the requirement?

Did anyone else receive an email about the Rural Area Program? I was wondering if they just send a blanket email to everyone from a rural area or only people they believe are interested

Did anyone else receive an email about the Rural Area Program? I was wondering if they just send a blanket email to everyone from a rural area or only people they believe are interested
I did not, but I also do not live in a rural area. My guess is that similarly to the scholarly concentrations program, there is some screening involved in sending that email, but it is for the most part automated to everyone who meets the requirements