@Kirby Smart
I've lived in Fort Wayne since I was 14 and just finished undergrad at PFW. To be honest, I haven't gotten out of Fort Wayne much but I know a bit about the reputation of IN cities.
Indianapolis is easily the most desirable campus for med school, they have all the real big teaching hospitals and most of the research. Plus Indy is pretty much the fun-est and most cosmopolitan city in IN. Bloomington is likely in second place, they have the flagship IU campus and more research going on than the other outlying campuses.
Gary (northwest IU campus) is very infamous and widely regarded as the worst city in Indiana (maybe in the entire midwest). Besides Gary, Muncie and Southbend are the two cities I tend to hear people say are sketchy. I have also people claim that Pete Buttigieg really turned South Bend around in recent years (could be biased opinions idk).
I am obviously biased, but I think my hometown of Fort Wayne is pretty cool. Its the second biggest city after Indy and has some neat up-and-coming cultural stuff, especially downtown. Crime doesn't seem to be much of a problem at all. It has some big and fast growing health systems (yaaay Parkview). I think you get a lot of benefits of city living here, but with very low cost of living.
All the other cities I don't really know anything about but I assume they are perfectly serviceable, albeit good ol boring midwest towns.