You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Indiana
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
cabbagefacts1
Full Member
I think some interview dates just got posted to the portal. 9/4 Indy campus (I think, it's kinda vague on location)
Yikes that’s soon. Hoping I get a later date than that haha!
I had a friend who applied last cycle, had the same alcohol-related infraction as a freshman. She's currently an M1 at IU 🙂Has anyone else gotten their application audited? I had a disciplinary violation my freshman year (alcohol related) and I am assuming that may be why I was audited but just curious if anyone else has experienced this since audited applications are rare.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ParisMortonMusic
Full Member
I think some interview dates just got posted to the portal. 9/4 Indy campus (I think, it's kinda vague on location)
Where exactly did you see the dates?
pre_med505
Full Member
On the side menu in the portal, I have a thing that says interviewWhere exactly did you see the dates?
Got an II today. I applied to the Bloomington concentration. Probably like 6ish days ago. Pretty excited for it!
D
deleted1005378
Thanks! I also called them and they said that I was in a queue to have all my letters and other information downloaded which is why it shows up as being not received yet.I emailed admissions about the red x on my prereqs and they said that they are working on updating everyone’s prereqs but it will just take them a while. No need to worry [emoji4]
pre_med505
Full Member
Except for grad app fee and app complete, yeahDid all of your red things change to green under status before the interview side menu showed up?
Just got an II! OOS with no ties. I added the school on 8/2 and submitted the concentration application on 8/10 🙂
Just to check, as instructed by the email, invited applicants are NOT supposed to start the graduate application until they email the new link on September 3rd, correct?
Per the email:
I was just a little confused as a lot of people are talking about working on the graduate application haha
Per the email:
1. Pay your Graduate Application Fee. For applicants invited prior to September 3rd, please do not start the Graduate Application until September 3rd as they are changing systems. We will send the link to the updated application on September 3rd. The Graduate Application must be completed and the Graduate Fee must be paid by September 10th.
I was just a little confused as a lot of people are talking about working on the graduate application haha
yeah we don't pay or do the graduate application until September 3rd
Gotcha. And just curious, but I noticed some of you were talking about the portal. Is this the portal you gain access to once you begin the graduate application? I don't recall having seen a portal anywhere else.
it was somewhere in the email they sent out.
Indiana University SOM
hit forgot pw and put in your aamc ID and it'll send you a pw link
Oh man I must be blind; just saw it in the email. Thank you!
chaesim
New Member
+1 same day and same campusI think some interview dates just got posted to the portal. 9/4 Indy campus (I think, it's kinda vague on location)
xoxogossipgirl_
New Member
9/4 Indy interview here as well!
pre_med505
Full Member
I called them about listing preferences for campus interviews a while ago and they said that they just put you where they have space for the interview.Also just got the interview date scheduled, but I am set to interview at another campus, not the main Indianapolis one. I would prefer the main one, how do we pick where to go? Can I shoot them an email asking to be moved to the other?
They also said that rescheduling isn't recommended or guaranteed in one of the docs with the first II email
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello. I just received an interview at IU and wanted to know if you had any tips for the interview.Hi guys,
I'm a current MS4 at IU. You can tag me on here or message me if you have questions.
Disclaimer; I don't always regularly check SDN, so I apologize if I miss a question. Also, I know that IUSM is starting up some scholarly concentration thing next year, I know very little about any details. Best of luck to all applying! It's a great school that provides good clinical knowledge and training.
I turned the Dean's evaluation form into my Dean of students 5 weekdays ago, but the IU med portal still says its not received. Anyone else have the same issue?
I am not sure if I should assume IU's paperwork processing is slow, or if I should be concerned the Dean hasn't sent it yet. I guess it's probably the former, since everyone has LORs marked as "not received" on the portal.
Did you send the evaluation through the mail or did you email it to someone specific?
It's only through mail. I had called them about this.Did you send the evaluation through the mail or did you email it to someone specific?
Do they only give you one interview date option?I think some interview dates just got posted to the portal. 9/4 Indy campus (I think, it's kinda vague on location)
Thanks for replying. I just wanted to know if they only offer Wednesday but I just saw their website. Thank you thoYes, it's in the portal and you have to email them saying if you accept/decline. But rescheduling is not really encouraged
Yes!I received an II two weeks ago but no interview date yet. Do you need to have all your paperwork in before they give you an interview date?
HoosierDoctor24
Full Member
Got my interview scheduled via email on 8/22 for 9/4 in Indy
Nothing specific to IU. Same general interview advice you hear everywhere else on the internet. Good luck!Hello. I just received an interview at IU and wanted to know if you had any tips for the interview.
Did you complete the dean certification before they sent that?Did you guys a reply back from admissions after confirming your interview date ?
Same. I’m so confused!You guys are getting interview dates scheduled? Even though they told us we had to wait until after September 3rd to do the graduate application and fee? If I have been waiting around for no reason that is really frustrating.
Oh okay I’m on the same boat that’s why but they haven’t given me a date? Is everything else complete for you?No , waiting on my University to send it. Still incomplete on my portal
Same. I’m so confused!
I emailed admissions just a moment ago asking if I still have to wait to complete the grad school app, can I schedule my interview now, etc. I will report back on what they tell me. Probably won't hear till Monday of course.
I am tempted to just go to the graduate school portal, fill out the app and get scheduled. But they specifically told me not to, so that just doesn't seem like a smart move.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you it does 🙂Everything but the deans letter and graduate app is done. I never filled out the app because they said to wait until the 3rd. I received a specific date and campus to interview this week. They said everything had to be complete 30 days post interview.
I think they might just be doing specific dates in batches , so if you already got the initial II email you’re good. Just a matter of being patient for them to schedule you. Hope that helps
For those still waiting for an interview date, how many of you applied for the scholarly concentration? I have a feeling that those of us who did may have been entered in a different “pipeline” since they may need to go through the concentration application also to see if we’ll be considered to interview directly at that campus’s location?
Not me.For those still waiting for an interview date, how many of you applied for the scholarly concentration? I have a feeling that those of us who did may have been entered in a different “pipeline” since they may need to go through the concentration application also to see if we’ll be considered to interview directly at that campus’s location?
But I think you are entered into a different pipeline for sure.
For those still waiting for an interview date, how many of you applied for the scholarly concentration? I have a feeling that those of us who did may have been entered in a different “pipeline” since they may need to go through the concentration application also to see if we’ll be considered to interview directly at that campus’s location?
I believe you will *only* interview at the campus with the concentration you applied for. It’s possible that there’s an additional interview for the concentration with the director of the concentration? It may take longer to arrange everything to match their schedules? Idk
I did not go through scholarlyFor those still waiting for an interview date, how many of you applied for the scholarly concentration? I have a feeling that those of us who did may have been entered in a different “pipeline” since they may need to go through the concentration application also to see if we’ll be considered to interview directly at that campus’s location?
I believe you will *only* interview at the campus with the concentration you applied for. It’s possible that there’s an additional interview for the concentration with the director of the concentration? It may take longer to arrange everything to match their schedules? Idk
Hmm I remember reading somewhere on the website that even if we’re not considered for the scholarly concentration we’ll still be considered for the normal program, which is why I asked haha. But I guess we’ll find out soon!
scienceisfun
Full Member
Not me!Anyone OOS and non-EDP/scholarly concentration get an II yet?
devarlin23
Full Member
So I have everything complete except the grad app.
How do we schedule our interviews exactly? Do they email us with a date, or do we have to do something on the portal?
Just a bit confused so any help from those who have received interview dates already would be very helpful.
How do we schedule our interviews exactly? Do they email us with a date, or do we have to do something on the portal?
Just a bit confused so any help from those who have received interview dates already would be very helpful.
cabbagefacts1
Full Member
So I have everything complete except the grad app.
How do we schedule our interviews exactly? Do they email us with a date, or do we have to do something on the portal?
Just a bit confused so any help from those who have received interview dates already would be very helpful.
You just have to wait for them to schedule it for you. Looks like the first batch of II’s have gotten dates so we gotta hang tight
Admissions emailed me back and basically just confirmed what I had already gathered from @UnknownObi's post. We still can't complete the graduate application until Sept 3rd, but some people are getting interview dates scheduled without having it completed.
No word on how exactly they chose who would get interview dates first. I am kind of confused as well since I got an interview invite on the very first day they sent them out (July 31st) but haven't gotten a date scheduled. I'm IS, non-EDP and I did apply to the scholarly conc. priority placement program.
Looks like there's nothing for us to do but be patient I guess.
No word on how exactly they chose who would get interview dates first. I am kind of confused as well since I got an interview invite on the very first day they sent them out (July 31st) but haven't gotten a date scheduled. I'm IS, non-EDP and I did apply to the scholarly conc. priority placement program.
Looks like there's nothing for us to do but be patient I guess.
Indiana doesn't have a secondary, so you can apply to the Scholarly Concentrations program according to your email, or just go regular MD program and wait to see if you get an II.Added this school super late. Submitted primary 8/20; received a Scholarly Concentrations Priority Placement Program email this morning. Is this my secondary? I've received no other emails -- just this one lol
Indiana doesn't have a secondary, so you can apply to the Scholarly Concentrations program according to your email, or just go regular MD program and wait to see if you get an II.
Thanks for the clarification. Well, that was quick and easy-- fingers crossed! Hope the turnaround is quick
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
angiogram36
Full Member
Hi all, new to SDN. Received II this morning 🙂 OOS LM: 71 Complete email: 8/1
Also, just called to ask about their regional campuses and apparently they will be assigning students to their campuses... Meaning, students don't have a say? Anyone know more about this? Or if we can email them about our interest in a particular campus?
Also, just called to ask about their regional campuses and apparently they will be assigning students to their campuses... Meaning, students don't have a say? Anyone know more about this? Or if we can email them about our interest in a particular campus?
Hi all, new to SDN. Received II this morning 🙂 OOS LM: 71 Complete email: 8/1
Also, just called to ask about their regional campuses and apparently they will be assigning students to their campuses... Meaning, students don't have a say? Anyone know more about this? Or if we can email them about our interest in a particular campus?
I haven't looked too much into it, but from what I understand the only meaningful way to "choose" your campus is to go through the scholarly concentrations track.