behrmeister

2+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2018
Utah
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone else been accepted, I feel like there were a few weeks where a bunch of people heard back. I interviewed the 2nd week of Fed, thinking I will hopefully hear by the 15th?

ismyexistenceamemeyet

cause of death: waiting to get off waitlist
Feb 14, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone else been accepted, I feel like there were a few weeks where a bunch of people heard back. I interviewed the 2nd week of Fed, thinking I will hopefully hear by the 15th?
Haven't been accepted (yet?), also interviewed the 2nd week of February. What I've noticed on the thread is that the students recently accepted were accepted ~1 month after their interviews. Based off that trend, I think we might hear back either this week or next week (the 15th is reasonable). Keeping my fingers crossed...

Reactions: behrmeister

AquaticSunrise13

2+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
mid march, that said I wouldn't expect to recieve an interview from here on out. a couple might go out but most likely they've invited 99.9% of the people they will end up interviewing.
Yeah I agree. Looks like no Kaiser this year. Good luck to all of you guys who interviewed!

About the Ads

bekind123

5+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2014
Haven't been accepted (yet?), also interviewed the 2nd week of February. What I've noticed on the thread is that the students recently accepted were accepted ~1 month after their interviews. Based off that trend, I think we might hear back either this week or next week (the 15th is reasonable). Keeping my fingers crossed...
I interviewed 2/26 and it seemed like they are trying to finalize decisions prior to second look. According to AAMC rules, I think that they have to offer 48 acceptances (their class size) by 3/15. On our interview day, they specifically said that they had not yet filled the class so there should be some spots remaining. Wishing everyone good luck for the month ahead!

ismyexistenceamemeyet

Feb 14, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Reactions: cringleFCB17
About the Ads

AquaticSunrise13

2+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Just got their "End of cycle status update" email - I guess a nice way of saying you are rejected lol. I wish they would have updated us as they went.... seems like they never rejected anyone up until now.
Same here buddy. It hurts for sure, but apparently things in life happen for a reason. It makes no sense to me in the grand scheme of things. I wish you the best my friend.

Aug 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Just got the end of the cycle email also. GL y'all! would've been a dream to get in.

tommymomo24

2+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2015
I haven't gotten an email yet, so i guess they just want to silently reject me lol
I didn’t get the email either. I’m assuming each person managing X number of apps was instructed to send this email so it’s going out in batches

OR (glimmer of hope?) they have a list of apps on the back burner since they will have difficulty anticipating how many people will actually enroll :D

Jun 25, 2019
Southern California
Status
Pre-Medical
I didn’t get the email either. I’m assuming each person managing X number of apps was instructed to send this email so it’s going out in batches

OR (glimmer of hope?) they have a list of apps on the back burner since they will have difficulty anticipating how many people will actually enroll :D
Who knows! I’m hoping it’s the latter by some miracle hahaha

Reactions: jollyjumper
About the Ads
Aug 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Feb 3, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
I interviewed here on Thursday and they said that everyone will be hearing back by the end of this month (good or bad) so the school can focus on revisit day and everything else! To me, it sounded like if you are going to get offered one of the initial 48 seats, you’ll be hearing back in the next few weeks so you can make arrangements to travel back to Pasadena. I could definitely be wrong though because it was a loooong day at they discussed it as we were filling out a survey and getting ready to leave. Good luck y’all!

Oct 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I interviewed here on Thursday and they said that everyone will be hearing back by the end of this month (good or bad) so the school can focus on revisit day and everything else! To me, it sounded like if you are going to get offered one of the initial 48 seats, you’ll be hearing back in the next few weeks so you can make arrangements to travel back to Pasadena. I could definitely be wrong though because it was a loooong day at they discussed it as we were filling out a survey and getting ready to leave. Good luck y’all!
did they say anything about second look potentially being affected by coronavirus?

Jul 5, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Did they mention if there would be a formal waitlist? I interviewed in December so I would love to know waitlist vs R

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I wonder if they will hold off on the end of cycle email for people that are really close to the school (socal residents) in case of last minute II withdrawals? Or as said above it could just be waves - but I don't see why they wouldn't automate that, wouldn't be too hard to do.

tommymomo24

2+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2015
I wonder if they will hold off on the end of cycle email for people that are really close to the school (socal residents) in case of last minute II withdrawals? Or as said above it could just be waves - but I don't see why they wouldn't automate that, wouldn't be too hard to do.
Did anyone’s app status in the portal change from “complete and awaiting review”? (End of cycle email received or no email received)

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Did anyone’s app status in the portal change from “complete and awaiting review”? (End of cycle email received or no email received)
I got the R and mine still says awaiting review

Reactions: tommymomo24
About the Ads

travs95

2+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Do you guys think Kaiser will cancel 2nd look? Kind of want to know before I buy masks, gloves, and wipes for the airport...
You shouldn't be buying masks since the surgical ones won't protect you from the virus. You should be wearing a mask if you are sick but even then, you shouldn't be going out in the first place. Sure you could buy a N95 respirator, but those are extremely uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time. Please leave the masks for healthcare workers.

Source: Can wearing a face mask protect you from the new coronavirus?

Aug 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
You shouldn't be buying masks since the surgical ones won't protect you from the virus. You should be wearing a mask if you are sick but even then, you shouldn't be going out in the first place. Sure you could buy a N95 respirator, but those are extremely uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time. Please leave the masks for healthcare workers.

Source: Can wearing a face mask protect you from the new coronavirus?
I’m definitely going to wear one and gloves because airports are literally the hotspot and I’m not taking chances cause I have been a little under the weather

Aug 5, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Seeking advice on an update letter--

I interviewed on 2/27 and mentioned to my interviewer a couple of updates that were not included in my primary or secondary app. Should I still send an update letter with info about my current activities?

Oct 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Seeking advice on an update letter--

I interviewed on 2/27 and mentioned to my interviewer a couple of updates that were not included in my primary or secondary app. Should I still send an update letter with info about my current activities?
Yes, your interviewer is not necessarily on the adcom. They got Kaiser physicians to come and interview (I think they’re more closely affiliated with the school but mine specifically said she wasn’t on the committee). You can briefly mention that you said this during your interview, but you wanted to send a formal update & letter of interest.

Reactions: TurboZag

ismyexistenceamemeyet

Feb 14, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone with early February interviews heard back yet? At this point, we'll likely hear back next week around the 15th, but wondering if I wasn't alone on the early Feb boat.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I have noticed that a lot of accepted applicants on the thread received the email and phone call on Wednesday. Maybe they do all their acceptance calls on that specific day of the week? :unsure:

Reactions: aurorablue62

ismyexistenceamemeyet

Feb 14, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Why the 15th?
March 15th is a big date for med schools in the traffic rules, since they have to issue enough acceptances equal to the number of students in the class. Kaiser would have had to send out at least 48 acceptances by this date.

Aug 10, 2019
I suspect they have already sent at least 48.

Has anyone heard anything who interviewed the very end of January?

• Wow
Reactions: dwu12
Jan 27, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Does Kaiser review applications through March with interviews extending into April, or is everything pretty much wrapped up (including interviews) by end of March?

About the Ads