You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Northwestern
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Still in the same boat haha. See you guys next week 🙂Still NOT in holistic 🙂
gobucs21
Full Member
I would venture to guess that refers to the quality of the picture and your appearance. I would think a quiet background with some flowers should be okay...Is this for the secondary or related to an interview?"Professional photo" does this mean the background should be clear or is a background w flowers ok?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wth!!!!!!!!!secondary complete 8/30 and currently under holistic review... are these good signs?
All the people completed end of July are still not in holistic review yet!!
Also I just checked. The box above “holistic review” says “complete and under review”. So essentially I’m under review, just not holistically??!?
Do the people going into holistic review above the median or below?
Wth!!!!!!!!!
All the people completed end of July are still not in holistic review yet!!
There has to be some method to what they do cause I was complete July 31 and went into holistic review maybe a week later. Maybe cause I’m IS and from the Chicago suburbs?
7
756034
I was complete 7/23 and went into holistic review last week, for what its worthWth!!!!!!!!!
All the people completed end of July are still not in holistic review yet!!
Do the people going into holistic review above the median or below?
I'm below and OS ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lol I’m 7/25I was complete 7/23 and went into holistic review last week, for what its worth
So close yet so far...
I heard from a friend who got an email yesterday from Northwestern law school. I told her that they are probably testing you to see if you are really interested in medicine and not just Northwestern per se. But I guess it could mean they liked her but not enough to admit her to the MD program which I didn't pass on to her.
I heard from a friend who got an email yesterday from Northwestern law school. I told her that they are probably testing you to see if you are really interested in medicine and not just Northwestern per se. But I guess it could mean they liked her but not enough to admit her to the MD program which I didn't pass on to her.
Haha! Ive been getting those too.
I unsubscribed from their list (but careful to not select the “all emails from NW option”) although by this point, Ive lost faith during this whole “Holistic” waiting period
I heard from a friend who got an email yesterday from Northwestern law school. I told her that they are probably testing you to see if you are really interested in medicine and not just Northwestern per se. But I guess it could mean they liked her but not enough to admit her to the MD program which I didn't pass on to her.
Those emails have nothing to do with anything except that you clicked yes to opt in to marketing emails when you took the MCATS. They are generated by marketing firms and not even the schools and are just spam. They mean less than nothing. You can unsubscribe from them... it won’t affect your ability to get emails from admissions offices.
Butterknut
Full Member
IN HOLISTIC REVIEW! Please be thorough!
Update:
Not sure when I was complete since there was no email and I didn't check the site daily. So it was sometime between 7/22 and 7/29
Update:
Not sure when I was complete since there was no email and I didn't check the site daily. So it was sometime between 7/22 and 7/29
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Care to provide exact complete date? I’m still not in holisthiccIN HOLISTIC REVIEW! Please be thorough! Complete late July
Sad reacts only...
Butterknut
Full Member
The date's on my spreadsheet at home so I can update the first post later this evening.Care to provide exact complete date? I’m still not in holisthicc
Sad reacts only...
When were you complete? Im still not in review and was complete 7/24.Care to provide exact complete date? I’m still not in holisthicc
Sad reacts only...
7
756034
I was complete a day prior to you and went into holistic review last week (I'm not sure of the exact day)When were you complete? Im still not in review and was complete 7/24.
Yeah I was complete 7/25.When were you complete? Im still not in review and was complete 7/24.
At this point, I'm mostly saying this out of habit, but... tomorrow's the day I (and others) go holistic! It's gotta happen soon.
D
deleted972488
I have my interview there soon so I’ll tell them to review your app.At this point, I'm mostly saying this out of habit, but... tomorrow's the day I (and others) go holistic! It's gotta happen soon.
Mine too plz thanksI have my interview there soon so I’ll tell them to review your app.
Mine too, EC!I have my interview there soon so I’ll tell them to review your app.
D
deleted972488
Them: “Do you have any questions for me?”Mine too plz thanks
Me: “Yes. Why aren’t @Enterococcus and @sourpatch fetish in holistic review yet?”
Edit: and @jecki46 !
Good luck!!!!I have my interview there soon so I’ll tell them to review your app.
🙁 Still waiting for my status to change, tooThem: “Do you have any questions for me?”
Me: “Yes. Why aren’t @Enterococcus and @sourpatch fetish in holistic review yet?”
Edit: and @jecki46 !
As in it changed this afternoon? Sooooo jealous! Congrats!Submitted on 7/23 and just now got that sweet sweet holisthicc
I finally entered holistic review today too! Any idea how long it usually takes to hear back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you submit?I finally entered holistic review today too! Any idea how long it usually takes to hear back?
D
deleted976595
I finally entered holistic review today too! Any idea how long it usually takes to hear back?
I’ve been in holistic review for ~2 months and haven’t heard back. Others have heard anywhere from a few days to several weeks. I’m treating it like a soft-R but you never know where in the pile your app actually goes so whatever

D
deleted972488
I finally entered holistic review today too! Any idea how long it usually takes to hear back?
Highly variable.
I submitted secondary 7/5, entered holistic review 7/13, received II 8/10
Guys, I made it into holistic review. It’s been fun coming back every week.
that leaves myself the only one behind....Guys, I made it into holistic review. It’s been fun coming back every week.
oh no... you are far from the only one!that leaves myself the only one behind....
Your time will come 🙂that leaves myself the only one behind....
Just went into holistic review, complete 9/4
Does the button get checked or does it disappear?Just went into holistic review, complete 9/4
RJGladstone
Full Member
Holistic review today. Complete mid-august.
D
deleted996731
Yea I was about to say. My holistic check mark is just goneDoes the button get checked or does it disappear?
+1Yea I was about to say. My holistic check mark is just gone
+1!Holistic review today. Complete mid-august.
Disappears!Does the button get checked or does it disappear?
So this morning, the option for "Holistic review" is not only not checked, but has now vanished from my portal! It's no longer there! I'm guessing that is not a good sign for me....anyone else?
This means you went into Holistic review, I believe. It disappears and the complete checkbox changes to "Application complete and under review (final decisions communicated exclusively via email on a rolling basis throughout the season)"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+2 Does this mean bye-bye NW?
That complete checkbox was always there and checked off from the time I submitted, only the holistic one wasnt checked. Now holisitc is just gone. The complete one did not change.This means you went into Holistic review, I believe. It disappears and the complete checkbox changes to "Application complete and under review (final decisions communicated exclusively via email on a rolling basis throughout the season)"
Northwestern got tired of everyone on SDN looking at that button and updated everyone at once?
That complete checkbox was always there and checked off from the time I submitted, only the holistic one wasnt checked. Now holisitc is just gone. The complete one did not change.
For me, holistic review had "final decisions communicated exclusively via email on a rolling basis throughout the season)," next to it, and this is now next to complete.
I have a feeling we are reading too much into this, lol.
Northwestern got tired of everyone on SDN looking at that button and updated everyone at once?
Haha, I'm pretty sure this is it
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 435K